• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If there is a monopoly over supply, how can there be a ‘market rate’? That is the point.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I doubt there will be a patent awarded for any vaccine, so it won't be a monopoly.

Whoever gets there first will simply be first to market. Anyone wishing to wait for competitor products will find market rate has become cheaper, I'm sure.

I doubt there will be a patent awarded for any vaccine, so it won't be a monopoly.

Whoever gets there first will simply be first to market. Anyone wishing to wait for competitor products will find market rate has become cheaper, I'm sure.

yep, whoever gets their first with safety, efficacy and the ability for it to be easily mass produced (ingredients available etc..) will hit jackpot.

yep, whoever gets their first with safety, efficacy and the ability for it to be easily mass produced (ingredients available etc..) will hit jackpot.
But, importantly, there won't be any barriers to others doing the same thing.

It's just that the first one across the line stands to (deservedly) do very well from it.

Hmm. Of course most of the work us state workers carry out contributes directly to society and the economy which more than compensates for any perceived revenue deficit. When I was a police officer for example, I am sure I saved the arse of many “revenue creators.” Equally my parents as NHS nurses have both done the same.

Dont get me wrong the plenty of social benefits to having state workers. I would increase police officers numbers and also prison and prison officers as crime is a big bug bear of mine. But the is a cost to the economy in pure financial terms.

I would pay over market price. We have a big holiday in November which we might still get to go on if the is a vaccine.

That would be silly as you've had the virus!

I guess people may be able to buy anti-body tests and vaccines privately if available. However, most will wait for the NHS?

Maybe just as important is what occurs in the rest of the world. We may need other (poor) nations to clean the virus out too, so infections don't mutate or get us again in a number of years' time if the vaccine doesn't last.

So you don't think people should pay for a vaccine, and agree with a more Corbyn-like approach? Make your mind up!

I wasn't expressing an opinion on the price of a vaccine. I was pointing out (in a mostly lighthearted way) how the inappropriate use of a term like 'people's'-anything can serve to devalue it later on down the line, when it might actually have had some power.

But then you already knew that, didn't you?

I guess people may be able to buy anti-body tests and vaccines privately if available. However, most will wait for the NHS?

Maybe just as important is what occurs in the rest of the world. We may need other (poor) nations to clean the virus out too, so infections don't mutate or get us again in a number of years' time if the vaccine doesn't last.

The wife would kick off if i did not take her.

I wasn't expressing an opinion on the price of a vaccine. I was pointing out (in a mostly lighthearted way) how the inappropriate use of a term like 'people's'-anything can serve to devalue it later on down the line, when it might actually have had some power.

But then you already knew that, didn't you?

No I didn't understand. You're way ahead.

The country that develops the vaccine first is critically important IMO. The vaccine could be a significant geopolitical weapon to be used as leverage in a lot of nefarious ways.

Especially as symptoms don't appear to be evident in most cases for a few days.

Perfect example of the media and the scaremongering at the moment

Georgia haven’t seen much of a spike “just wait another week”

France open schools less than a week ago “well there you go, it’s corona second wave”

Back