• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

IMG-20200517-132514.jpg
The furry cup?

I haven't read the paper yet, but this is the only article describing it in this way. Have you seen anything else like this?

It's also a very good example of why these things shouldn't be rushed. Who is investing the "make it just in case" money? I sincerely hope it's not the taxpayer.
Didn't we drop £84m on it today?

Jesus Wept, absolute fudgewits

About 30 people attended an outdoor baby shower - complete with "a bouncy castle full of children" - despite lockdown rules, police have said.

They were sitting in a communal play area outside their homes in Morecambe on Saturday, officers said on Facebook.

When asked to leave by police community support officers (PCSOs), three partygoers "became abusive and stated that it didn't matter because the schools were going back in June".

They ran away when police were called.

Lancashire Police said: "One particularly uncaring individual stated, 'Well we're all going to get it, so what's the point?' and refused to follow the PCSOs' advice."

Police said the three people who fled were "presumably more concerned about receiving a fine than giving someone else a potentially fatal disease"

Jesus Wept, absolute fudgewits

About 30 people attended an outdoor baby shower - complete with "a bouncy castle full of children" - despite lockdown rules, police have said.

They were sitting in a communal play area outside their homes in Morecambe on Saturday, officers said on Facebook.

When asked to leave by police community support officers (PCSOs), three partygoers "became abusive and stated that it didn't matter because the schools were going back in June".

They ran away when police were called.

Lancashire Police said: "One particularly uncaring individual stated, 'Well we're all going to get it, so what's the point?' and refused to follow the PCSOs' advice."

Police said the three people who fled were "presumably more concerned about receiving a fine than giving someone else a potentially fatal disease"

Heavy fines or lock the fudgers up, better yet get child services involved and take their children. fudging negligent pricks.

Teachers still refusing to engage on talks whilst picking up full pay for doing less work from home.

Erm...the Association of School and College Leaders have said they can support the government’s plan to return. Academy heads have said they will open. All unions represented at a meeting with the government on Friday afternoon. Hardly ‘refusing to talk’.

I’m cautious about a return at the minute (we are told ‘the science’ supports a return - so let’s see it) but I can’t wait to get back when we are shown it’s safe. Trying to teach and and do the other work from home is far more time consuming than being at school - I’m certainly working harder than ever. Like most teachers, I worked right through the Easter holidays to prepare online lessons and help design a new daily timetable for our pupils for online learning.

None of that’s a complaint - but hopefully helps to show that everything you read in The Daily Mail isn’t accurate.

Remember when medical staff “weren’t using PPE properly”? Now it’s teachers “not wanting to teach.” Classic distraction techniques.

I haven't read the paper yet, but this is the only article describing it in this way. Have you seen anything else like this?

It's also a very good example of why these things shouldn't be rushed. Who is investing the "make it just in case" money? I sincerely hope it's not the taxpayer.

my worry

He focuses on issues with the Oxford one, which are all stated in their paper. In contrast he isn't critical of the Sinovac study at all. The Science commentary he links to has some comments from people critical of the Sinovac study, so neither seem perfect, which is not surprising for vaccines being produced and tested so quickly. The article seems peculiarly one sided. It could just be that he only likes the one-fashioned types of vaccines or perhaps he has a personal interest.

He focuses on issues with the Oxford one, which are all stated in their paper. In contrast he isn't critical of the Sinovac study at all. The Science commentary he links to has some comments from people critical of the Sinovac study, so neither seem perfect, which is not surprising for vaccines being produced and tested so quickly. The article seems peculiarly one sided. It could just be that he only likes the one-fashioned types of vaccines or perhaps he has a personal interest.
Personal interest was my immediate assumption - sounded a lot like someone doing down a competitor.

Back