• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Erm...the Association of School and College Leaders have said they can support the government’s plan to return. Academy heads have said they will open. All unions represented at a meeting with the government on Friday afternoon. Hardly ‘refusing to talk’.

I’m cautious about a return at the minute (we are told ‘the science’ supports a return - so let’s see it) but I can’t wait to get back when we are shown it’s safe. Trying to teach and and do the other work from home is far more time consuming than being at school - I’m certainly working harder than ever. Like most teachers, I worked right through the Easter holidays to prepare online lessons and help design a new daily timetable for our pupils for online learning.

None of that’s a complaint - but hopefully helps to show that everything you read in The Daily Mail isn’t accurate.

Remember when medical staff “weren’t using PPE properly”? Now it’s teachers “not wanting to teach.” Classic distraction techniques.

Mate, some people have got no clue about teaching. All they know is that they're sick to death of having their own at home all day and want them off hand and they want it now! They swallow the government line all the time. "Oh look over there! That's it, stop paying attention to our incompetence."

Last edited:
Mate, some people have got no clue about teaching. All they know is that they're sick to death of having their own at home all day and want them off hand and they want it now! They swallow the government line all the time. "Oh look over there! That's it, stop paying attention to our competence."

The line about refusing to speak to schools came directly from the union and not the government.

Think it actually said 'additional £84m' :eek:

Isn't this a vaccine production factory that was planned anyway but they've invested more money to bring it forward and have it ready a year early. This seems smart to me - imagine if a vaccine became available but we hadn't bother to invest in infrastructure to produce it in the quantities needed. It sounds like this place can also produce other vaccines as well that the UK needs to it's not a waste.

I just hope alongside it they also develop a plan to roll a vaccine out, must be big logistics in identifying those who need it first, producing it, storing it, transporting it to places, mobile vaccination trucks, access to medical records etc.

I pay tax. So yeah I am paying it.

Depends if your employed by the state. If you are the money is recycled and not worth as much as a revenue creators tax.

Read a fascinating essay on this subject years ago by an economist. Anyone who is employed by the state the money they pay in tax over a lifetime is literally worth less then someone in the private sector.

Will try and find it later, was a really interesting read.

Isn't this a vaccine production factory that was planned anyway but they've invested more money to bring it forward and have it ready a year early. This seems smart to me - imagine if a vaccine became available but we hadn't bother to invest in infrastructure to produce it in the quantities needed. It sounds like this place can also produce other vaccines as well that the UK needs to it's not a waste.

I just hope alongside it they also develop a plan to roll a vaccine out, must be big logistics in identifying those who need it first, producing it, storing it, transporting it to places, mobile vaccination trucks, access to medical records etc.
If they can develop other vaccines then it's a very good idea.

Picking a winner and betting the bank on them isn't - I hope that's not what they've done.

If they can develop other vaccines then it's a very good idea.

Picking a winner and betting the bank on them isn't - I hope that's not what they've done.

I believe they are spending £38m getting doses of the Oxford vaccine made on the off chance it works but not sure on the exact details.

Depends if your employed by the state. If you are the money is recycled and not worth as much as a revenue creators tax.

Read a fascinating essay on this subject years ago by an economist. Anyone who is employed by the state the money they pay in tax over a lifetime is literally worth less then someone in the private sector.

Hmm. Of course most of the work us state workers carry out contributes directly to society and the economy which more than compensates for any perceived revenue deficit. When I was a police officer for example, I am sure I saved the arse of many “revenue creators.” Equally my parents as NHS nurses have both done the same.

Yeah but working for the state means that the work they do often has more societal value then selling rhubarb flavoured condoms.

Ps I dont work for the state or sell Rhubarb flavoured condoms

Back