• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

You'd think after the 'seven' from a couple of summers back, we'd be looking at a couple of proven premier league players to compliment our young players coming through. A Bolasie or Berahino for twice the price of N'jie, for me is a better investment. I just don't think this is the right kind of signing for us at this moment in time.

You'd think after the 'seven' from a couple of summers back, we'd be looking at a couple of proven premier league players to compliment our young players coming through. A Bolasie or Berahino for twice the price of N'jie, for me is a better investment. I just don't think this is the right kind of signing for us at this moment in time.

we've already made two premier league proven signings this window, and seem to be in talks with Berahino - that'd make it 3

He's frustratingly bad. He has no control of the ball, makes terrible passes, misses chances. And this is in the fudgeing french league!
He has pace but what good is that at whl against 10 ten men sitting deep?
His only use is away on the counter against a team pushed up against us. But we are never gonna play him against United or Ar5ena1. It would be like playing with ten men.
And he's 22 in a few days. Stop saying he's raw as if he can suddenly learn technique overnight.

that is one of the worst games i have seen in that style where they show all a players touches, hands down.

however, if that's one of the worst games, where everything he tries fails to come off - he still produced 2 assists (assuming the penalty was scored), got someone sent off, tested the keeper (finish should have not been at the perfect height, lol) and most importantly didn't hide and kept going. Shows a good bit about his personality, and that he can get results when things aren't going right at the office.

Notice at the start when he was on the right it was terrible. He moved to the left, and it was still pretty bad, but at least it was dangerous :)

we've already made two premier league proven signings this window, and seem to be in talks with Berahino - that'd make it 3

Yes I know and I'm very happy about their signings . I long wanted us to get Toby, and Trippier is going to be good for us too, I'm pretty sure of it . But they're both defenders and now I want to sign a couple of attacking players that I'm pretty sure about .

I have seen Njie once last season and he didnt really stand out.

I have just been watching a few Youtube clips. I know Youtube can make anyone look good but you can take a few things out of watching the clips;

positives;
pace
strength
can ride a tackle
intelligence ( he had some good assists)

Negatives;
He's not the tallest 5"8
Few times he kicked the ball in front and just ran after it
First touch looked poor

I will put my neck out and say I think he will be a success and will sign for Real Madrid for 37m in three seasons :)

Its not a youtube of his fudgeups. Its a video of all the touches he got in that game. There's an awful lot of fudgeups in there. This guy wont last 5 games at Spurs without getting dogs abuse.

Are you real? I know you love to be negative, but that is made by a liverpool site of all his mistakes; hence the ironic "Welcome to tottenham" title!!! Not all his touches, it's to make him look bad!!!

He's frustratingly bad. He has no control of the ball, makes terrible passes, misses chances. And this is in the fudgeing french league!
He has pace but what good is that at whl against 10 ten men sitting deep?
His only use is away on the counter against a team pushed up against us. But we are never gonna play him against United or Ar5ena1. It would be like playing with ten men.
And he's 22 in a few days. Stop saying he's raw as if he can suddenly learn technique overnight.

You are either on a wind up or should be a little embarrassed about this post.

I think this is good signing. He is direct, quick, has a good touch at pace, and is reasonably composed in front of goal. Interestingly, he looks quick from a standing start and that initial burst of pace will be useful if we play a high press.

I think this may mean we do go out and buy another forward/striker due to the ANC - Here's hoping anyway!

Are you real? I know you love to be negative, but that is made by a liverpool site of all his mistakes; hence the ironic "Welcome to tottenham" title!!! Not all his touches, it's to make him look bad!!!

There is absolutely no indication of that?
This guy makes loads of "welcome to" videos for lots of different players https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2J65sg4Wzoi3q2uMUsE2Tw/search?query=welcome+to
"welcome to" video based on transfer stories get youtube views. I see no indication that this guy is after anything other than views.
I dont see any link to any Liverpool site.
Looking at this twitter he seems to be one of those foreign fans that like players regardless of who they play for. Praising "the ox" and still supporting Sterling after he went to city and posting tweets like "Arsenal really are a joy to watch when in full flow."
I dont see any evidence of a tinkle take.

The other video of N'Jie is just more of the same. Really inconsistent first touch. Dont see why we are after him when we are all so keen to get rid of Townsend.

by way of comparison here's another, French made, video of all his touches in a game

I watched the same video on the previous page , Yoof put it up and Njie does look much better in yours than in Modric THFC's video.

I like his game , he seems to play it quick, with one touch or two touches when it's the right thing to do. At the moment I think our forwards are poor in this aspect, often ponderous with the ball. He's also fast and pace is something we lack in our front four and he also chases down so I can see why we're signing him from my quick look at the qualities he has.

But he's a player with no experience in our league, maybe does not know English , will have to settle into a new environment and he's young player, playing his football at one of France's top clubs so will expect to get game time over here.

If we sign him I will be okay with it but not if we have signed him instead of Bolasie or Berahino, but I get the impression that this will be the case as I can't see us spending upwards of 20 million for a player this summer.

There is absolutely no indication of that?
This guy makes loads of "welcome to" videos for lots of different players https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2J65sg4Wzoi3q2uMUsE2Tw/search?query=welcome+to
"welcome to" video based on transfer stories get youtube views. I see no indication that this guy is after anything other than views.
I dont see any link to any Liverpool site.
Looking at this twitter he seems to be one of those foreign fans that like players regardless of who they play for. Praising "the ox" and still supporting Sterling after he went to city and posting tweets like "Ar5ena1 really are a joy to watch when in full flow."
I dont see any evidence of a tinkle take.

The other video of N'Jie is just more of the same. Really inconsistent first touch. Dont see why we are after him when we are all so keen to get rid of Townsend.
Townsend isn't as direct I don't think. To be fair Townsend is a bit of an enigma. He looks like he has the tools to do well, but I think it's a mental thing. Most of his goals come from around the edge of the area or outside - but not so much from running into the area. I think Poch wants players that can get into the box -as Chadli does try to (and Lennon used to>).

I think Townsend will be sold. He has plenty of suitors like Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine , West Ham .

Back