• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

Its a punt however you look at it.Anybody not truly proven is.Hopefully we have done better homework than on previous transfers.Does he take us nearer to 4th .Who knows?The French league is not as intense as the PL at all.

It's a reflection of who and where we are. We're not a CL team and don't pay crazy wages so we can't attract or buy the big names.
If it's true we're buying this kid it's in the hope he turns out to be something special. More hope than expectation.

@mattspiro: Lyon accept bid of €14m (+€3m in add-ons) from Tottenham for striker Clinton Njie. Player set for talks in London this week (L'Equipe).

It's a reflection of who and where we are. We're not a CL team and don't pay crazy wages so we can't attract or buy the big names.
If it's true we're buying this kid it's in the hope he turns out to be something special. More hope than expectation.

He doesn't have to turn out to be "something special".

Just something that makes us a better team will do.

Its a punt however you look at it.Anybody not truly proven is.Hopefully we have done better homework than on previous transfers.Does he take us nearer to 4th .Who knows?The French league is not as intense as the PL at all.

Calculated punt. Pace will get you pretty far as a player just on its own. Lennon never developed his game at all since being 18, but still managed to be a highly effective PL player. That's what makes me confident about this guy signing. Even if he doesn't turn out to be a world-beater, at the very least he'll be an outlet we badly need in the forward positions.

Calculated punt. Pace will get you pretty far as a player just on its own. Lennon never developed his game at all since being 18, but still managed to be a highly effective PL player. That's what makes me confident about this guy signing. Even if he doesn't turn out to be a world-beater, at the very least he'll be an outlet we badly need in the forward positions.

but we already have townsend for this non footballer role

He fits with what Levy said almost exactly. Young, 15-20 million and a good prospect. He is raw, he could turn out to be our next Bale/Modric r not. There are no guarantees but based on last season this kind of buy fits our model exactly.

He fits with what Levy said almost exactly. Young, 15-20 million and a good prospect. He is raw, he could turn out to be our next Bale/Modric r not. There are no guarantees but based on last season this kind of buy fits our model exactly.

i doubt it both bale and modric had good tekkers before joining us ... clinton looks like he has pace and that's about it.

i doubt it both bale and modric had good tekkers before joining us ... clinton looks like he has pace and that's about it.

magnum-force.png

In his YouTube vid, a vast majority of N'jie's goals/assists appear to be from a counter attack (or at least against a non-existent opposition defence!!).
I'm not suggesting we're after him purely for this, but it's def an area where we lack any penetration in recent seasons. At the moment it's a quick ball out to Chadli or Lamela who then take several touches just to get it out of their feet. Mason has the energy to support but is hardly cutting edge in a decisive pass or finish.
In fact, the only counter attack goal I can think off of top of my head last season was Saudi Sportswashing Machine away??

If either N'jie or Berahino can offer us adept pace and skill on the flank to give us this threat (amongst other traits) I think it's a good signing for Poch.

The only real pace we have in attack is Townsend. We are crying out for a player with pace and some end product. This kid is clearly not the finished article and he may never be but he may offer something for us in games where we have that first goal and teams do not sit back. He can transition to attack and help create those counter attacking chances to help finish off games.

He's less than that. The price being quoted is 15m euros, so £10.5m.

I think

Chadli Eriksen Lamela

As a three is let down by a lack of pace more than anything imv - signing N'jie and Berahino would allow us to setup :

Berahino Eriksen Lamela

And

Chadli Eriksen N'jie

the simple addition of pace, I think, would boost the output of the players around them.

Of course we live in hope we'll sign them both

i wonder if now that the deal is practically agreed, will Levy delay signing the documents for a couple of weeks in order to renegotiate a lower transfer fee ;)

images

Agree; the worst case is that he's primarily an option off the bench for league game and plays in Europe and cup games. At the moment, we have few few options on the bench who might be able to change the course of the game so I think he's a good addition, alongside a proper CF like Berahino

Back