• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

Well...did the fatal thing and watched a bunch of youtube of him...frankly, as youtube can do, he looks like a potential worldy?!

Really? i thought his highlight clips expose him as nothing but a 100 m sprinter and that's about it. His first touch looks jammy as does his finishing.

I think I can safely say no one on here has much of an informed opinion on how good this guy is or could be for us. This is the kind of deal which will demonstrate how good Mitchell and his fancy analysis is....

Good point. Algorithms in day to day football. I just hope they all have faith in the system, and play to their analysed strengths..

good point. Harry had problems with the ball getting stuck under his feet, looked clumsy as fcuk at times

Difference is that kane can still pick out a pass and is a work horse.

Don't know much about this guy and I'm not knocking him but in my opinion his youtube vids do not seem to indicate that he is much of a footballer, rather someone getting by due to athletic ability. Not always a bad thing but I've seen this type of player being most frustrating.

Don't know much about this guy and I'm not knocking him but in my opinion his youtube vids do not seem to indicate that he is much of a footballer, rather someone getting by due to athletic ability. Not always a bad thing but I've seen this type of player being most frustrating.

bit unfair i think. He has shown some nice ability in the way he finishes, and some of his assists have been smart and unselfish. For a 20-21 year old breaking into the team I dont think you could expect much more

I believe the raw ingredients are there but of course he has big challenges ahead, new league, country, culture, demanding coaches, very critical and hard to please fans;)

In the same respect that you don't know Clinton N'Jie?
It's a classic line from a vice presidential debate. Folks in the U.S. would probably understand the reference. And you're right, I don't know N'jie, but if someone does, I'd be interested to hear what they see in him that I don't.

bit unfair i think. He has shown some nice ability in the way he finishes, and some of his assists have been smart and unselfish. For a 20-21 year old breaking into the team I dont think you could expect much more

I believe the raw ingredients are there but of course he has big challenges ahead, new league, country, culture, demanding coaches, very critical fans;)
You really have to watch the match vids and not the compilations. If he's a raw talent, he's a bit too raw for my taste and at 22 I would expect someone who's a bit more the finished article. Add the whole adjustment to the PL thing and it just makes the likelihood of him being a success even more unlikely. Hope to be proven wrong, since it seems this one is all but sealed.

You really have to watch the match vids and not the compilations. If he's a raw talent, he's a bit too raw for my taste and at 22 I would expect someone who's a bit more the finished article. Add the whole adjustment to the PL thing and it just makes the likelihood of him being a success even more unlikely. Hope to be proven wrong, since it seems this one is all but sealed.

my GHod if back in the day match vids and compilation highlights were available someone like Gary Lineker would have been written off hundreds of times based on his match vids;)

for 10 mill he is a cheap gamble, this years Stambouli. If he flops we can sell him to PSG next summer for 12 mill

If one bases their opinion of a player solely on some 5 minute utube clip then it is not really going to be an informed view methinks

Not nearly as frustrating as players with tons of ability but no commitment or work rate. We've had a few of those. Gio, Taarabt, Ade to name a few... I'd rather have a hungry, committed and hard working guy that can work on and improve his abilities.

If one bases their opinion of a player solely on some 5 minute utube clip then it is not really going to be an informed view methinks

tickle my balls with a feather, personally I never get to excited about players and their youtube highlights ( as I think its can mislead) but ( again personally) I think its just as stupid to write players off as well.

Err...........yes, you are!

Back