• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

I think I can safely say no one on here has much of an informed opinion on how good this guy is or could be for us. This is the kind of deal which will demonstrate how good Mitchell and his fancy analysis is....

exactly, most of us haven't a clue about this player and yes it absolutely reeks of a Mitchell signing/recommendation.

In Simple terms we are in desperate need of some Pace up top at the moment, As Maverick says to mother goose 'I feel the need, the need for speed' even if its just an option to come off the Bench, or to make an opposition think twice before pushing their defence up high against us. I just hope he has some technical ability to go with his blistering pace.

This signing would address something that we are missing at the moment so I would be pleased with it and very interested to see whether Peggy Mitchell can spot a player.

You can either look at his best bits and hope that he will do that more consitently or look at his negatives and doubt he will move on from there. I'm going with the former and hoping that with work, Poch and his team can get more from him. Was it someone on here or elsewhere that had a Lyon fan saying that Lacazette flourished alongside N'jie because of the space N'jie was able to create?

Edit: I'm assuming that we will see him playing off of the front man, but that our next signing (Berahino??) will be first choice for that role.

Last edited:
You can either look at his best bits and hope that he will do that more consitently or look at his negatives and doubt he will move on from there. I'm going with the former and hoping that with work Poch and his team can get more from him. Was it someone on here or elsewhere that had a Lyon fan saying that Lacazette flourished alongside N'jie because of the space N'jie was able to create?

Edit: I'm assuming that we will see him playing off of the front man, but that our next signing (Berahino??) will be first choice for that role.

Exactly. This looks like a "one for the future" kind of signing. Someone they hope / expect to come good over the next couple of seasons. Not to say we won't see plenty of him as an impact sub, or starting in the early rounds of the cups; but I'm half-expecting us to sign Berahino for some reason (been suckered by the media and gossip!) and I'm guessing N'jie will be third-choice striker and back-up wing forward.

If we sign Berahino and N'jie, we would have three strikers all of whom are 22 years old. That's got to be the youngest strike-force in Premier League history, right?

Of course, N'jie is slightly younger than the other two (he won't be 22 until this weekend says Wikipedia) and doesn't have any experience in England. So he'll definitely be eased into the side while I imagine we'd dump Berahino in at the deep end.

exactly, most of us haven't a clue about this player and yes it absolutely reeks of a Mitchell signing/recommendation.

In Simple terms we are in desperate need of some Pace up top at the moment, As Maverick says to mother goose 'I feel the need, the need for speed' even if its just an option to come off the Bench, or to make an opposition think twice before pushing their defence up high against us. I just hope he has some technical ability to go with his blistering pace.

This signing would address something that we are missing at the moment so I would be pleased with it and very interested to see whether Peggy Mitchell can spot a player.

:eek:

I think Townsend will be sold. He has plenty of suitors like Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine , West Ham .
No harm if u ask me .. Decent lad in sure but offers no end product and just doesn't score no where near enough .. This time next year his price will be much lower as he wont get games esp if we bring in berahino

No harm if u ask me .. Decent lad in sure but offers no end product and just doesn't score no where near enough .. This time next year his price will be much lower as he wont get games esp if we bring in berahino

Yep agree with what you say and I'd think Townsend will want to make EURO 2016 so will be wanting PL game time. I've got a feeling he will end up a Spammer.

Exactly. This looks like a "one for the future" kind of signing. Someone they hope / expect to come good over the next couple of seasons. Not to say we won't see plenty of him as an impact sub, or starting in the early rounds of the cups; but I'm half-expecting us to sign Berahino for some reason (been suckered by the media and gossip!) and I'm guessing N'jie will be third-choice striker and back-up wing forward.

If we sign Berahino and N'jie, we would have three strikers all of whom are 22 years old. That's got to be the youngest strike-force in Premier League history, right?

Of course, N'jie is slightly younger than the other two (he won't be 22 until this weekend says Wikipedia) and doesn't have any experience in England. So he'll definitely be eased into the side while I imagine we'd dump Berahino in at the deep end.

Imagine playing all 3 upfront in a 433 formation

Hopefully he is the best option rather than the cheapest but with Levy you never really know.Seems to me that the Lyon chairman is putting it out there in the hope of getting a better offer.

He could be like Mane at Southampton and need a good 30 games to find his feet, I hope our fans let him have the time to do this.

Mane played against us in his first game IIRC and should ahem scored an equaliser

He looked clumsy but his pace was a threat

He has shown that raw pace combined with his flair/erratic ways makes him a genuine threat

Well...did the fatal thing and watched a bunch of youtube of him...frankly, as youtube can do, he looks like a potential worldy?!

I watched match YouTube videos of N'jie, not the compilation ones. He's terrible! I then watched some Yarmolenko match videos. Pure class. He sees the field, has great control, is tricky, and can create his own chances. His pace looks decent too. This should be a no-brainer. But what do I know...

Back