• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

I gave up on this season years ago. When we didn't sign a world class striker in January 2003 it was obvious this season would be a complete write off.

no one is asking for world class players but at least spending up to get the actual targets the manager wants.

All the Levy apologists seem to think that once the stadium is built we will be in the promised land - errr no, we will be told that we have 10 years of debt to pay off and we must run a tight ship.

I gave up on this season years ago. When we didn't sign a world class striker in January 2003 it was obvious this season would be a complete write off.

Good idea, seem like a lot of the doom mongers and candy asses have done so already. ;)

no one is asking for world class players but at least spending up to get the actual targets the manager wants.

All the Levy apologists seem to think that once the stadium is built we will be in the promised land - errr no, we will be told that we have 10 years of debt to pay off and we must run a tight ship.

It took Arsenal 10 years. We could structure the debt pay off over the same time period but we will have more coming from broadcasting, and ticket prices have increased since those days. We won't have Champions League.

As for running a tight ship, Spurs live within their means. To ask the owners of the club to live beyond those means is just not right.

Wasn't that a pic earlier of him training today in Lyon ? Now I know he could have left after but why train on day and couple of hours later have a medical ? I dont know , sceptical as well !!

Do we have any faith at all in an article with no byline and no comments? I dont.

"Harry Kane is the only striker in the squad as Onomah, the teenager who has less than 10 appearances for U21s is second choice striker, and failed to make the team."

Given that A) Onomah isn't a striker and B) he made 16 appearances in the u21s last season then I'd have to side with no.

Agreed. I was just saying that because it was a point made about signing Nijie for one of our forward positions. I was expecting more from Stambouli and people may say he wasn't given a fair chance, but I'd say Poch has shown himself to be quite fair to reward good performances in training. It may be something else such as him siding with Kaboul, Ade and BAE, but that is just idle speculation from myself with no knowledge! ;)

Lloris came out and praised Stambouli for being a hard worker in training and a dedicated guy when it comes to improving his game: I don't really think he'd have opened up about him like that if he was part of that alleged cabal of Benny, Kaboul and Ade. I don't think it was Stambouli's performances in training that led to his sidelining: so it could only have been either his performance in games or a political reason. And he did fairly well in the games he played in, no?

Lloris came out and praised Stambouli for being a hard worker in training and a dedicated guy when it comes to improving his game: I don't really think he'd have opened up about him like that if he was part of that alleged cabal of Benny, Kaboul and Ade. I don't think it was Stambouli's performances in training that led to his sidelining: so it could only have been either his performance in games or a political reason. And he did fairly well in the games he played in, no?

Or he was signed as a squad player

Got to go with Clinton..

Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Yiddle-I-Po!

Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Yiddle-I-Po!

Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Yiddle-I-Po!

Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Clin-ton
Yiddle-I-Po!

Yiddle-I-Po!

It was idle speculation ;). Whichever way it is cut, we bought Stambouli as a member of the first team squad, Poch didn't rate him above Mason and Bentaleb and so when a good offer came in, it was accepted. We made some money on the deal, so no harm done. We're the ones that are speculating that Stambouli was bought as a Schneiderlin alternative.

For me this is starting to look like he will be bought instead of berahino as he is the cheaper option and they look like similar players.

My bet is we will still go after Austin at the end of the window as he is gettable.

However I will say I have major reservations about both and will be extremely disappointed if that's how we end up. This guy is very raw and seems another project - something that we dont need any more of.

Happy to have him as a back-up winger, 3rd choice striker behind berahino but I am starting to doubt we have he capabilities to get him.

Also slightly annoying that links to DMC have gone quiet as that is a real weak point

For me this is starting to look like he will be bought instead of berahino as he is the cheaper option and they look like similar players.

My bet is we will still go after Austin at the end of the window as he is gettable.

However I will say I have major reservations about both and will be extremely disappointed if that's how we end up. This guy is very raw and seems another project - something that we dont need any more of.

Happy to have him as a back-up winger, 3rd choice striker behind berahino but I am starting to doubt we have he capabilities to get him.

Also slightly annoying that links to DMC have gone quiet as that is a real weak point

How much have you seen of him?

Why is it starting to look as though he will be bought instead of Berahino? We are being linked with them both equally.

And besides, from what I can tell, N'jie is not really similar to Berahino at all. N'Jie seems to be primarily an asset because of his pace - usually out wide. Berahino, on the other hand, is primarily an asset because of his finishing skills.

Firstly, there has been plenty of talk of Bender over the past day or two. But as often as not, it's actually a good sign when things go quiet.

However I will say I have major reservations about both and will be extremely disappointed if that's how we end up.

Agree with that bit. Would feel like Everton or Villa type signings and more likely to drag us down than improve

Signing an exciting 21 year old prospect who will give us pace, width, goals and assists? Yeah I'm slitting my fudging wrists.

Back