• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

on viewing this guy's youtube video, I'm a fan. pace, uses his teammates, nice passes at speed off the outside of the boot at range, does stuff you can't see other people in our squad doing (if townsend had vision. we probably wouldn't need him..)i'm a big fan. at 12mil, we'll make a good bit of profit if he settles, and if he doesn't, he won't go for less than 8 even if he bombs. i'd go for it for sure.

7 in 30 league appearences but he only started 15 of those games - minutes wise he played 1519 which works out to just under 17 full 90 minutes - giving him a goal rate of 1 per 2.5 games

8 assists in the league as well which works out as a goal or assist every 100 minutes or so

I know it's only the French league and we all know stats only tell half the story, but for a youngster that's a hell of an impressive record. Let's hope, as he develops, he can replicate - and maybe even improve on - it in the Premier League (for us).

on viewing this guy's youtube video, I'm a fan. pace, uses his teammates, nice passes at speed off the outside of the boot at range, does stuff you can't see other people in our squad doing (if townsend had vision. we probably wouldn't need him..)i'm a big fan. at 12mil, we'll make a good bit of profit if he settles, and if he doesn't, he won't go for less than 8 even if he bombs. i'd go for it for sure.

Just so long as people remember this way of thinking and don't blame the Technical Director or Mitchell for "taking a punt" and making a loss if the player does not settle ;)

Just so long as people remember this way of thinking and don't blame the Technical Director or Mitchell for "taking a punt" and making a loss if the player does not settle ;)

We didn't technically make a loss on Stambouli, you know. At least financially, although I still bitterly count out the lost points that probably accrued because of the acquisition of Stambo over Schneiderlin. :p Point being, a punt's fine if it isn't in a position of pressing need, where better players are available for prices we can surely afford. If we make a punt to fill a gaping hole in the side, and that punt then doesn't work out, it's hardly fair to hold people to their views on that signing when they (possibly) still believed it to be only a secondary addition, with the primary one yet to come.

Is it not like 6 in 26 or something? not exactly prolific is it?

He is not a central striker dude, besides last season he only started 15 matches, and still managed 7 goals and 7 assists.

The guy is just 21 FFS

Probably more prolific than Kane was before last season :D

We didn't technically make a loss on Stambouli, you know. At least financially, although I still bitterly count out the lost points that probably accrued because of the acquisition of Stambo over Schneiderlin. :p Point being, a punt's fine if it isn't in a position of pressing need, where better players are available for prices we can surely afford. If we make a punt to fill a gaping hole in the side, and that punt then doesn't work out, it's hardly fair to hold people to their views on that signing when they (possibly) still believed it to be only a secondary addition, with the primary one yet to come.

Agreed. I was just saying that because it was a point made about signing Nijie for one of our forward positions. I was expecting more from Stambouli and people may say he wasn't given a fair chance, but I'd say Poch has shown himself to be quite fair to reward good performances in training. It may be something else such as him siding with Kaboul, Ade and BAE, but that is just idle speculation from myself with no knowledge! ;)

well Lyon look to have signed Njie's replacement. Valubena or whatever his name is

the latest is Njie has agreed terms with Spurs, thats according to EDS sports and a medical is pending

If he proves to be our only forward signing then we may as well give up this year. Fine if he's brought in to replace Townsend or Lamela and slowly worked into the squad and we sign Berahino to actually start as a 9 or LWF.

My fear is that we sign him and then Charlie Austin.

If he proves to be our only forward signing then we may as well give up this year. Fine if he's brought in to replace Townsend or Lamela and slowly worked into the squad and we sign Berahino to actually start as a 9 or LWF.

My fear is that we sign him and then Charlie Austin.

not Austin, apparently he has knee and shoulder issues which are putting off nearly all mildly interested clubs

Back