• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Am I the one tinkleed off about the number of times Eriksen seems to "bottle" challenges?
Always has done, that's not his game though. It's about cutting off passing lanes, but he's stopped even doing that.
Maybe a stats person can help out here but does he ever make a meaningful pass to anyone other than harry or dele? He seems to totally ignore people in good position to pass to either Harry or dele regardless of where they are.

Do you think our way of playing suffers on a bigger pitch against a team that are confident in passing and moving the passing lanes are wider and therefore easier for the opposition on the ball??

Are you winding me up or were you tinkleed out of your head last night? The team was poor but he was one of the worst.
As for being one "the worse" lets say other than Winks and George they all looked very off colour, and im being kind.
I just remember Eriksen had a couple of reasonable shots and ran forward with ever ball. I dont ever remember Christian getting 'stuck in' in his time at Spurs, it's not his game.
I could have done with 'tinkle' or three three last night, that was only marginally better/worst than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game last season.

There is something rotten in the state of Tottenham Hotspur FC.

As for being one "the worse" lets say other than Winks and George they all looked very off colour, and im being kind.
I just remember Eriksen had a couple of reasonable shots and ran forward with ever ball. I dont ever remember Christian getting 'stuck in' in his time at Spurs, it's not his game.
I could have done with 'tinkle' or three three last night, that was only marginally better/worst than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game last season.

Apparently the Bielsa approach starts to wear off after 3 season as players get bored.

Hopefully this is not a sign of that.

I would add verts and Hugo to the pass list, and Davies in the first half but thought he struggled second half.
Dele and Janssen tried but nothing happened, wanyama seemed all alone in midfield so willing to cut him some slack. The rest were awful, but credit needs to go to Leverkusen as well, they had a plan and it worked.

Apparently the Bielsa approach starts to wear off after 3 season as players get bored.

Hopefully this is not a sign of that.

This is now uncharted water for Pochettino, 3 years at Espanyol and 1 year at Southampton . The timing could not be worse if he is starting to struggle. Levy will be concerned and looking for improvement before Xmas.

I would add verts and Hugo to the pass list, and Davies in the first half but thought he struggled second half.
Dele and Janssen tried but nothing happened, wanyama seemed all alone in midfield so willing to cut him some slack. The rest were awful, but credit needs to go to Leverkusen as well, they had a plan and it worked.

This stood out for me.

If I'm being brutally honest we were a shower last night (not Winks and George) - I nearly turned over to watch Leicester or whatever after the schoolboy display in the first 20 mins. It was beyond a 'poor display' it was embarrassing.

While typing this Ive decided to watch Southampton to night to rekindle/reaffirm my enjoyment of the game!

I said he was one of the worst not the worst.

But he needs time on the bench

Actually I thought Walker was one of our best players, he was probably our best attacking threat and he is a fukking defender

Actually I thought Walker was one of our best players, he was probably our best attacking threat and he is a fukking defender

Could not agree more.

We are looking like a pale imitation of last years team. Which makes me look a what is different.

Our recruitment baffles me. What frightens the bejeebies out of me is we will be playing ALL our games at Wembley next season :eek:

Last edited:
Going forward yes, but his first job is to defend and he was terrible at the back last night. It happens though, one bad game in a while is no biggie really.
Also think we are doing Leverkusen a disservice, their press was very good. If some of the midfield had shown for the ball now and again then it could have been nullified.

Always has done, that's not his game though. It's about cutting off passing lanes, but he's stopped even doing that.
Maybe a stats person can help out here but does he ever make a meaningful pass to anyone other than harry or dele? He seems to totally ignore people in good position to pass to either Harry or dele regardless of where they are.

your right... he has been good at channel blocks or whatever you would call that

But lately he has offered so little in that way he is almost a passenger

Its isn't helping the pressing game

Was just so so bad again. We are carrying him so badly at the minute. I don't see how he can start on Sunday, he was been chronic all this year and for large parts of last season too.

Also goes to show how much we rely on him for creativity and linking our play. When he is poor we generally struggle going forward. We are also seeing that the golden boy alli is not the type of player we can rely on yet and also that LAmela currently is not there in terms of performance or impact (seems like he has regressed this year and has become a bit of a show pony again).

Eriksen is the symptom of all that is wrong with us right now

Back