• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

How about this guy learn how to take a corner and actually beat the first defender as his corners were shocking today?
I hope he gets fined for failing to beat the first man at a set piece. It happens at a lot of clubs and the fines go to charity. Hopefully to a charity that can teach highly paid players to take a proper corner.

I do not care about other teams, I care that as we are struggling to score goals from open play our corners should be better utilised
I agree

I'm actually appalled that something as basic as a corner is no longer a basic skill

Look at liverpoo today with two goals from corners

Before today Leicetser had leg in 7 goals from corners I believe yet we take them like pussys

I hope he gets fined for failing to beat the first man at a set piece. It happens at a lot of clubs and the fines go to charity. Hopefully to a charity that can teach highly paid players to take a proper corner.

On the way home from the match I was thinking he should be fined as well. at the very least he needs to stay late after training and learn how to take a bloody corner, it is just embarrasing

I do not care about other teams, I care that as we are struggling to score goals from open play our corners should be better utilised

One point about this: aside from TA, we don't really have anyone at all who attacks corners or set pieces well. Dier, Wanyama, Verts, Dembele, Janssen are all 6 foot tall but none are dominant in the air and attack the ball well. That probably, no definitely, puts a huge amount of pressure on the delivery given that the only way you're going to score is if the ball is going at 1000 mph so a flick of the head, or ball just bouncing of someone's head, can beat the keeper. A ball hung into the box is pointless with the aerial ability in our team.

I'm not saying that it excuses Eriksen putting 0 decent corners out of 10 in well, but it does mean that he needs to try to play the perfect ball. With our aerial ability, unless Eriksen is firing we're better off playing a one-two in and creating an opening to play a low, hard cross in

I'm not saying that it excuses Eriksen putting 0 decent corners out of 10 in well, but it does mean that he needs to try to play the perfect ball. With our aerial ability, unless Eriksen is firing we're better off playing a one-two in and creating an opening to play a low, hard cross in

Playing the perfect ball, no, but beating the first man why the hell not?

Playing the perfect ball, no, but beating the first man why the hell not?

My point is that if you're trying to play the perfect ball, there is a much higher chance that it will fail. Eriksen does seem to hit the first man a lot I agree. Maybe its because the only way we score from corners is the near-post flick from TA? Not sure

My point is that if you're trying to play the perfect ball, there is a much higher chance that it will fail. Eriksen does seem to hit the first man a lot I agree. Maybe its because the only way we score from corners is the near-post flick from TA? Not sure

And my point is that it is a corner so there is no need to try and play a perfect ball, all you need to do is put in a dangerous part of the area for our players to attack. Maybe we win the ball or maybe the defending tea heads it away,but at least we have a chance, a chance we do not have if the corner taker cannot beat the first defender

Last edited:
He needs to step up his goal output. With the team struggling for goals we really need his set piece delivery to be better both at scoring and creating goals. 2 seasons ago his goal tally was in double figures. This season he hasn't really looped like scoring.

The team will struggle for goals when our 2 main attacking midfielders Lamela and eriksen are not scoring. Neither Son nor Alli, as good as they are, could be described as prolific.

I don't ever remember Eriksen's delivery from corners being great; isn't it normally Lamela and Son who take corners?

He needs to step up his goal output. With the team struggling for goals we really need his set piece delivery to be better both at scoring and creating goals. 2 seasons ago his goal tally was in double figures. This season he hasn't really looped like scoring.

The team will struggle for goals when our 2 main attacking midfielders Lamela and eriksen are not scoring. Neither Son nor Alli, as good as they are, could be described as prolific.

I don't ever remember Eriksen's delivery from corners being great; isn't it normally Lamela and Son who take corners?

Alli and son both a average double figures in their career

Lamella has done that once for us and so has eriksen IIRC. Neither of them two contribute as many goals as Alli or son IMO

And on the subject of set pieces, who actually scores them that often? Payet did for a bit... That's about it as its a very hard shot to make.

And today Jansenns one off was closer than all of eriksens so maybe we need to freshen that up

Needs a major kick up the bum. I would drop him against Bayer and relieve him of all dead ball situations for the foreseeable future. Get him on the training ground to practice shooting from all outside the box angles.

I am a big fan of Eriksen but he was poor yesterday, we have a problem at the moment as for the last few games none of our three behind the striker are playing at their best. Lamela, Eriksen and even Alii are not adding much to our game, even Son has failed to produce since his POM award.

It unusual for us to have so many players going through a flat patch ( you could even add Dembélé to that), however we are still hanging in there and i expect that when the above player regain their form we should be able to progress again. No team in the Prem is really playing that well on a consistent basis so its still all to play for.

“Eriksen needs to improve,” Pochettino said.

“He needs to be more determined to score. It’s belief. It happens in football. We are in a difficult period since the international break. Against Emirates Marketing Project we were very, very good. We were unlucky that the international break came. We lost lots of players. But we are unbeaten with two important games coming up: Leverkusen and and Arsenal.”

I don't understand the difficulty he seemingly have with taking corners. Seriously the easiest thing to do on a football pitch. Take your time and aim to hit a still lying ball into the box. Hit it so that it will dip down to head height at around the six yard box, preferably with some curl and aim for one of your own guys. It's easy. Really.

I don't understand why he's still taking our corners as he's so ineffective at it. I've seen both lamela and son hit some nice corners, they should do it.

I don't understand the difficulty he seemingly have with taking corners. Seriously the easiest thing to do on a football pitch. Take your time and aim to hit a still lying ball into the box. Hit it so that it will dip down to head height at around the six yard box, preferably with some curl and aim for one of your own guys. It's easy. Really.

I don't understand why he's still taking our corners as he's so ineffective at it. I've seen both lamela and son hit some nice corners, they should do it.

I agree with that but most teams are shocking at corners

Back