• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He's not playing badly. Not at his best, but certainly not as bad as some here are suggesting! It's just that we haven't scored as much as we'd like. If he had put a couple in the top corner, and others had scored from the chances he's created, he'd be our hero.

Reactions: DTA
He's not playing badly. Not at his best, but certainly not as bad as some here are suggesting! It's just that we haven't scored as much as we'd like. If he had put a couple in the top corner, and others had scored from the chances he's created, he'd be our hero.
I have to disagree, I don't think anyone is creating chances atm. Half chances at best.

Worst form of his career at Spurs clearly. My over-riding concern in those three positions behind the CF though is that we have 6 senior players (Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Sissoko and GKN) and none are really in the class of Sanchez, Ozil, Hazard, Mahrez, de Bryuyne, perhaps Coutinho etc....ie someone who has the sort of x-factor which can create something out of nothing. Even someone like Payet would be extremely valuable as one of our options

Signings like Mahrez and Payet show that you don't have to pay £50m and £200k per week in order to get them. Perhaps we're just waiting for Marcus Edwards to develop further and be that player for us. Attackers can suddenly come out of nowhere and become top PL players, so its not impossible that Edwards could be that man (boy?) for us next year, but we really are weaker than our competitors in that regard at the moment

He needs to keep Lamela company on the bench. In fact, I would shop him around in January and see if we can get a decent price for him, to subsidise a better option, Lamela too if we can get a goal scorer in. I don't rate either of them.

On a side note, does anyone think that his new position in the middle is because of his contract talks??

During the summer the story was that he was stalling over money. That proved to be unfounded, however there was also talk at the time that Eriksen wasn't happy with his role in the team. Not long after that Eriksen signed a new contract and we adopted this new system with him part of the central midfield. Are we now suffering in this new system that has been designed to keep Eriksen happy?

Worst form of his career at Spurs clearly. My over-riding concern in those three positions behind the CF though is that we have 6 senior players (Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Sissoko and GKN) and none are really in the class of Sanchez, Ozil, Hazard, Mahrez, de Bryuyne, perhaps Coutinho etc....ie someone who has the sort of x-factor which can create something out of nothing. Even someone like Payet would be extremely valuable as one of our options

Signings like Mahrez and Payet show that you don't have to pay £50m and £200k per week in order to get them. Perhaps we're just waiting for Marcus Edwards to develop further and be that player for us. Attackers can suddenly come out of nowhere and become top PL players, so its not impossible that Edwards could be that man (boy?) for us next year, but we really are weaker than our competitors in that regard at the moment

i think Mahrez is average personally and not especially great. He does have more confidence though. I wonder, too, about Edwards...

The probelm is he is a bit flaky and picks his games

That's great when we're flying but when we need his brains to kick in like today it's a pain

On a side note, does anyone think that his new position in the middle is because of his contract talks??

During the summer the story was that he was stalling over money. That proved to be unfounded, however there was also talk at the time that Eriksen wasn't happy with his role in the team. Not long after that Eriksen signed a new contract and we adopted this new system with him part of the central midfield. Are we now suffering in this new system that has been designed to keep Eriksen happy?

I would be extremely disappointed to hear this confirmed personally...

How about this guy learn how to take a corner and actually beat the first defender as his corners were shocking today?

Back