• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It's gone under the radar how good Eriksen was in this match.

Really good energy, pressing, physical bustle, even spots of aggression (not Rose/Walker/Victor level of aggression, but for Eriksen, very good level!).

But more importantly, he ran long sections of this game - he's the glue behind all our combinations. Moved round the pitch intelligently, popping off little gives and go's, and always playing neat 'little touch' through the lines passes. He's critical to our transition and pattern of play game - linked up intelligently and fluidly with all of our attacking units.

When Eriksen plays well, Spurs play well.

Was he playing in Dembele's position yesterday? I.e., a box-to-box midfielder.

To be honest it was hard to tell as he was literally covering the whole pitch. Never seen him tackle, slide to intercept balls with such aggression. His touch in tight areas in the middle of the pitch allowed Emirates Marketing Project's attempt at pressure to be instantly relieved.

Really good energy, pressing, physical bustle, even spots of aggression (not Rose/Walker/Victor level of aggression, but for Eriksen, very good level!).

But more importantly, he ran long sections of this game - he's the glue behind all our combinations. Moved round the pitch intelligently, popping off little gives and go's, and always playing neat 'little touch' through the lines passes. He's critical to our transition and pattern of play game - linked up intelligently and fluidly with all of our attacking units.

It seems certain fans struggle to appreciate what Eriksen's all about but that's an excellent insight. Hasn't helped that he's been through a patch of poor form recently so it's great to see he's now coming back into his own. The only thing he's still struggling with is hitting the target, once that returns - as it surely will - even his harshest critics will be purring. :cool:

Could not agree more, its amazing that some fans think he is a passenger in most games.

He runs the games when he wants to in a way that Silva used to when he was younger

A very very important player for us

Oh, he also showed plenty of steel in the game winning the ball and winning plenty of challenges

He runs the games when he wants to in a way that Silva used to when he was younger

A very very important player for us

Oh, he also showed plenty of steel in the game winning the ball and winning plenty of challenges

I would say he is our most influential offensive midfielder - irreplaceable.

Mind I can now say this about Hugo, Danny, Jan, Toby and Kyle

Last edited:
It seems certain fans struggle to appreciate what Eriksen's all about
Indeed, he's the thinking woman's crumpet. I mean, thinking football fans' favourite. He knits so much together with intelligence, he passes 27 yards to take out 2 men, rather than sprinting 27 yards to try to beat a man; brilliant player.

I'm struggling to make sense of this

'He could become the cog in the midfield because of his lack of pressing in games ..'

I think he means that by standing off the press he is in a good position to intercept hurried passes and have the view of all the play in front of him to then play a telling pass.
But who nows, and tbh I don't see poch allowing any player not to work his ass off.

Last edited:
Back