• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He and Lamela run the game last night, there are both class players.

I actually think this is a hugely important point that can't be missed.

Last night we played a squad game with really only two "senior" (both under 25) first 11 players, and while a lot has been said about how well the young/academy/debut players did, Eriksen and Lamela had to lead, control the game and take some of the pressure off the less experienced players. And they did that extremely well.

Well done to both of them.

I actually think this is a hugely important point that can't be missed.

Last night we played a squad game with really only two "senior" (both under 25) first 11 players, and while a lot has been said about how well the young/academy/debut players did, Eriksen and Lamela had to lead, control the game and take some of the pressure off the less experienced players. And they did that extremely well.

Well done to both of them.
Can you remember when the press would fawn over "Wenger's magnificent Arsenal youngsters" in the League Cup? Well last night we made an entire team of changes and here are the ages of the outfield players who featured for us:

Trippier: 26
CCV: 18
Wimmer: 23
Davies: 22 (Walkes: 19)
Carroll: 24
Winks: 20
Lamela: 24
Eriksen: 24 (NKoudou: 21)
Onomah: 19
Janssen: 22 (Edwards: 17)

Starting average: 22.2
Ending average: 21.1
With 6 out of the 13 players who featured coming through the academy

I know Gillingham were poor last night, but I was still impressed at the way our completely changed 11 played in exactly the same way that the first team play. It was very encouraging to see.

I know Gillingham were poor last night, but I was still impressed at the way our completely changed 11 played in exactly the same way that the first team play. It was very encouraging to see.

couldn't ask for anymore than the performance last night - everyone played well and contributed to the overall performance.

too many times in the past games such as yesterday would end up being a damp squid with the players not really being up for it, the regular starters as well as the change/back up players not really giving it their all and there seemingly being no sense of direction or style of play from management, just playing the game to get it out of the way - total opposite last night and it was a joy to watch.

I think we should field a similar team away to Liverpool, i think the back up/youth players have earned the right to stay in the team and it would be useful to see how they perform against much stronger opposition.

couldn't ask for anymore than the performance last night - everyone played well and contributed to the overall performance.

too many times in the past games such as yesterday would end up being a damp squid with the players not really being up for it, the regular starters as well as the change/back up players not really giving it their all and there seemingly being no sense of direction or style of play from management, just playing the game to get it out of the way - total opposite last night and it was a joy to watch.

I think we should field a similar team away to Liverpool, i think the back up/youth players have earned the right to stay in the team and it would be useful to see how they perform against much stronger opposition.

This sums it up 100%, i was talking to the guys i go with after the game and said it was good to see the players up for the game. I have lost count over the years the number of times i have gone to see us play a team from a lower Div and we end up getting beat or struggling to win. Most of the lads said the same thing and it was good to see our players wanting it as badly as we fans did.

I know there was a lot of young players trying to make a impression but the team as a whole really looked up for the game, something we have lacked many times over the years in the so called " easy games".

Ah! Like I do often the Emoji was forgotten. Thank you. Sorry Whiffler, I'll tell Poch to ignore my voicemail.

No, we must lower our average age ... Poch simplay HAS to be told. Use all your influence to effect this.

PS - I don't do emoji

Had a very good game yesterday especially on the defensive side. I do wish he had bullied Lamela off the penalty tho.

Back