• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

You may have a point, however he is still only 24 and has not reached his peak yet.

time is on his side, but having plateaued for three years i wonder how likely it is we'll see him kick on - i wouldn't normally expect a young player to standstill for such a long time (at least not until they've reached their peak) - maybe the fact he has played regular first team football from such an early age means he is now in his peak years?

time is on his side, but having plateaued for three years i wonder how likely it is we'll see him kick on - i wouldn't normally expect a young player to standstill for such a long time (at least not until they've reached their peak) - maybe the fact he has played regular first team football from such an early age means he is now in his peak years?

I think he has improved since he has been here, could he do better? yes of course he could but then again i think that about every player. However Stop! Hammer time and for me he is one of the first names to go on the team sheet.

The contract discussions may be a distraction to him at the moment, but assuming any issues get resolved amicably soon (fingers crossed) then I'm sure we'll see him back to his best in the next few weeks. I'd certainly still include him in the starting lineup as frankly we don't have anyone better and this dip in form can't last forever.

atlanta yid on eriksen: His contract is signed sealed and delivered
It was signed yesterday

If true then good, now I hope he starts to perform more consistently. Erikson has all the ingredients, I just question whether he has the right type of personality to reach the very top.

Not enough value is placed on his discipline.
How many stupid free kicks does he concede?
How many times has he been mired in the red mist.

This is not 1983 and beef is not the only source of protein.

If true then good, now I hope he starts to perform more consistently. Erikson has all the ingredients, I just question whether he has the right type of personality to reach the very top.

He's up for it, not worried about that, he's had expectations of country and club on his shoulders since he was 17/18.

Funny how everyone is willing to have a go at Eriksen but not Alli/Kane. When our midfield works best is when Ekrisen/Lamela move, and the players in front of them make runs, the fullbacks overlap to allow Eriksen (& Lamela) to have options to either make the pass or move with the ball.

I do think Erisken has been off form, but I also think the players in front and behind (no Dembele) aren't helping him.

Hope the news about the contract is true.

He's up for it, not worried about that, he's had expectations of country and club on his shoulders since he was 17/18.

Funny how everyone is willing to have a go at Eriksen but not Alli/Kane. When our midfield works best is when Ekrisen/Lamela move, and the players in front of them make runs, the fullbacks overlap to allow Eriksen (& Lamela) to have options to either make the pass or move with the ball.

I do think Erisken has been off form, but I also think the players in front and behind (no Dembele) aren't helping him.

I don't think anyone is really having a go at him. It's not in him to run about mad like Lamella, so this dip in form looks worse because he seems half arsed. It's just the way he is.
i think he could be a superstar but he wants the plaudits before he performs, he needs the hype to live up to. I think he fades if someone else is in the limelight, and last year Kane and alli hogged most of it. And rightly so.
Harry and alli have also been poor but have at least looked like they try and it's annoying them that they aren't quite firing yet. No doubt if their form also doesn't pick up soon they will get their share of stick.
Hopefully they will come back from big SAMs tactical master class and seeing everything clearly and be a revelation to us all.

• Second highest assists in the league last season.
  • Eriksen was no worse than all other attacking players imo.
  • Yes he is inconsistent, but even when not playing well he's a good player. Is there more to come? At 24 for sure! Competition would be ideal, but would have to be a player like Isco, as there are not much better than Eriksen imo.
Contract stuff is agents etc. nothing to do with him. The whole team need to improve in an attacking sense. No point singling out one player.

You know the funny thing? We are closer to agreeing than you might think. The main difference seems to be I am extra-critical/expect more of a mercurial talent whereas you are less critical/expect what you're getting of this mercurial talent.

The way his negotations played out are not necessarily his fault, however the club tried several times last season to negotiate and his people played hardball; as they say, you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Whatever happens I, like all of us, hope he comes back firing on all cylindars and then some..:

What is frustrating me in this thread are the 'why him not Kane/Alli?' comments mate. For my part I feel I have offered at least a decent point of discussion on this precise topic. Did anyone take it on board or should I shrink it to 'tweet' size? Serious question. Maybe my posts are too long?

I don't think anyone is really having a go at him. It's not in him to run about mad like Lamella, so this dip in form looks worse because he seems half arsed. It's just the way he is.
i think he could be a superstar but he wants the plaudits before he performs, he needs the hype to live up to. I think he fades if someone else is in the limelight, and last year Kane and alli hogged most of it. And rightly so.
Harry and alli have also been poor but have at least looked like they try and it's annoying them that they aren't quite firing yet. No doubt if their form also doesn't pick up soon they will get their share of stick.
Hopefully they will come back from big SAMs tactical master class and seeing everything clearly and be a revelation to us all.

Agreed and critically, Kane and Alli are playing DIFFERENT roles. They started in last seasons places against the Dippers, and for 15-20 we battered then. Walker went off, the shuffle came about and there we were...

You know the funny thing? We are closer to agreeing than you might think. The main difference seems to be I am extra-critical/expect more of a mercurial talent whereas you are less critical/expect what you're getting of this mercurial talent.

The way his negotations played out are not necessarily his fault, however the club tried several times last season to negotiate and his people played hardball; as they say, you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Whatever happens I, like all of us, hope he comes back firing on all cylindars and then some..:
Ok mr vernon

Eriksen's problem was how good he was in the first half of 2014/15. He really was our best attacking player back then.
He has turned into a more of a team player, much better without the ball.

He was terrible on Saturday though.

Eriksen's problem was how good he was in the first half of 2014/15. He really was our best attacking player back then.

That he was. And the frustrating thing is that he was not alone. Unfortunately, the international 'break' means that a load of our squad will be traveling and training/playing with their respective nations so there will not be mich opportunity to sort our slow start out.

What is frustrating me in this thread are the 'why him not Kane/Alli?' comments mate. For my part I feel I have offered at least a decent point of discussion on this precise topic. Did anyone take it on board or should I shrink it to 'tweet' size? Serious question. Maybe my posts are too long?

Mate, not sure what you were trying to get across, my response was to another post.

Why I said the not Kane/Alli bit is for a couple of reasons

- Eriksen gets a lot of stick and people don't seem to realize how critical he is to us, or how much of a potential WC talent he is
- people continuously say he needs to step up, ye he has carried this team for 3-4 month periods in both of the last two seasons (1 player with more assists in the league last season, what more do you want from your CM?).
- Poch asks a lot of him, and he puts in the effort (stats on his distance covered show it).
- Classic Spurs fans, other players on team get a bye for a off day, poor form, but one or two never do (Erisken is just the latest)

Poch to me has a complicated system, when it clicks, it looks amazing with movement, passing, possession, when its off, players can look very poor.

This is a fair observation for sure, it is part of the picture...

Alli, Kane and Lamela were also dire on Sat though

Back