• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

You know the funny thing? We are closer to agreeing than you might think. The main difference seems to be I am extra-critical/expect more of a mercurial talent whereas you are less critical/expect what you're getting of this mercurial talent.

The way his negotations played out are not necessarily his fault, however the club tried several times last season to negotiate and his people played hardball; as they say, you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Whatever happens I, like all of us, hope he comes back firing on all cylindars and then some..:

...and I do agree Eriksen can do more. Considering his technical skill, and that run he was on with free kicks 2-3 years ago, you'd expect him to score more goals. He's a player that goes in phases - but then Kane and Lamela seem to as well. We're quite a mercurial team, when on form extremely hard to beat, when not we can look inexperienced and lacking. Thankfully, is more of the former and less of the latter. But Eriksen is part of the team. The whole team need to improve, and Poch would love us to be more consistent. See out games, play in a set way that sees us win. Ultimately, the lad's 24. He's playing with other attackers who are between 20 and 24. He finds himself the senior player, but he's not a leader, never will be. Poch will get him back to his best, it may take some time, but even when he's not kocking the ball into the net, he tends to keep us ticking in attack.

It has been a good discussion generally IMO, so I'm going to bow out with the same wish we all have which is for the Christian to become a mighty LION in our midfield again very very soon!

It has been a good discussion generally IMO, so I'm going to bow out with the same wish we all have which is for the Christian to become a mighty LION in our midfield again very very soon!
I see what you're doing. I think. Hoping that the lions don't eat Christian and that he becomes a lion instead? Therefore he would eat himself?? He'd have to be damn flexible to do that.

The noises over the past week or so have been a lot more positive and it sounds like things are being worked out (and better still, may already be in place, just not announced during the run-in of the transfer window). Not sure I like the thought of Sissoko coming in on more however (although the 80k mentioned for Sissoko may be wide of the mark or may include various targets being met).
After a successful transfer window a few contract announcements would now be welcome.

The noises over the past week or so have been a lot more positive and it sounds like things are being worked out (and better still, may already be in place, just not announced during the run-in of the transfer window). Not sure I like the thought of Sissoko coming in on more however (although the 80k mentioned for Sissoko may be wide of the mark or may include various targets being met).
After a successful transfer window a few contract announcements would now be welcome.
Let's face it none of us knows the true earnings of these star players. Figures are bandied about like confetti but the likelihood is they earn a chunk less than what is reported in the media.

It's done.

Now he needs to kick on and become a better player. Take that next step. If he can add a few more goals, he will be awesome.

Back