• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

But you start with the weakest link in the 11. Which is him now.

You saying that if Bale came available but it meant we had to sell Kane you would pass on him until after you had upgraded Eriksen because he was a weaker link?

You upgrade where you can upgrade - doesn't have to be the weakest link although obviously that is useful but an upgrade in any position is, by definition, an improvement and a club would look to do that if it was feasible no matter what the position, surely?

Must not start next game. Needs to rediscover his mojo. Shame Pritch has gone but we desperately need a top quality playmaker in Asap.

I am willing to place a bet with you that the moment an upgrade can be found we will sell him. People bitched about Modric during his 'contract impasse' but he never let it show on the pitch. He needs to start delivering, but more importantly, he has to show COURAGE. For me he bottled it a few times today. I am not referring to the physical side of his game, I am referring to taking a few more chances/showing greater intent when he is on the ball. One moment screamed to me - he received the ball across him from right after about 75 mins, he took a touch to the left to get across the man and instead of then driving in behind and either drawing the foul or taking a pop, he simply laid off a short ball with no option for an incisive return. Again, I appreciate he was not the only one today, but every other player 'wanted' it, and to me, he looks scared and low on confidence. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I want him to rise, start taking games/trying to take them, and prove me wrong!

Spot on. It's up to him to raise his game. If he can't/won't , then we need a new playmaker Asap.

One point to remember though, as I have commented previously, he always seems to play better with Moussa on the pitch. Hopefully he will do so again.

Let me ask you this question.
Is this as good as you think he can be?
If it is, would you make him our highest paid player?
(That was two, sorry, I lied!!!!!)
No, I would not make him our highest paid because imo the likes of Kane, Dele and Lloris are probably ahead of him. But his creativity is nevertheless key to the way we play. His control, his intelligence, his deft touches, his ideas and his energy are all critical to linking our attacks and opening up tight defences.

As to whether he can get better, yes, because he's still only 24.

But for the moment no question he looks well off the pace. Maybe all the speculation about his future is getting to him, who knows? Indeed it would not surprise me if he were to be rested for a couple of games, but if as I expect he's still here after Wednesday then hopefully it won't be too long before we see him return to his pivotal best a-la Modric.

Not that Kane or Alli have excelled either. Our midfield and front quartet haven't got back from pre-season yet. Not having a settled CM pair is key, once we do, Kane, Eriksen, Alli will start to click.

Pre-match Poch said something like, we haven't had a chance to work on team setup, just fitness as we're late back. I thought that was ominous, and we've seen we're not setup and clicking yet. It will come.

I wouldn't mind Eriksen having a rest, and some perspective from the bench, but I think we need him too much. I would like to see him play deeper at times. Maybe starting in CM, with Eriksen able to get forward with the no 10 able to rotate with him. That is where we miss Dembele, he can drag people out of position, while he moves forward etc. Wanyama has it in him, but its his 3rd game and he's still way off offensively. 2 signs today of what Wanyama can do - the run and pass to Rose that he let go out of play, and a turn hold off players and pass forward first half - but most of the game he was passed by when we moved forward, his thing: screen and defend. But we missed a marauding midfielder who can transition into attack, creates room and allow Eriksen (and Alli and Kane) to play.

Last edited:
Not that Kane or Alli have excelled either. Our midfield and front quartet haven't got back from pre-season yet. Not having a settled CM pair is key, once we do, Kane, Eriksen, Alli will start to click.

Pre-match Poch said something like, we haven't had a chance to work on team setup, just fitness as we're late back. I thought that was ominous, and we've seen we're not setup and clicking yet. It will come.

I wouldn't mind Eriksen having a rest, and some perspective from the bench, but I think we need him too much. I would like to see him play deeper at times. Maybe starting in CM, with Eriksen able to get forward with the no 10 able to rotate with him. That is where we miss Dembele, he can drag people out of position, while he moves forward etc. Wanyama has it in him, but its his 3rd game and he's still way off offensively. 2 signs today of what Wanyama can do - the run and pass to Rose that he let go out of play, and a turn hold off players and pass forward first half - but most of the game he was passed by when we moved forward, his thing: screen and defend. But we missed a marauding midfielder who can transition into attack, creates room and allow Eriksen (and Alli and Kane) to play.

I think Walker going off threw Wanyama (and obviously the team) for a while as players had to shift/Dier went back. Different situation. At times like this, when you have the talent, when you are on the ball, you have to TRY to make things happen even if you are off form, your first movements have to be positive and attacking in nature. Without pace around him, he simply does not find a way in.

I think Walker going off threw Wanyama (and obviously the team) for a while as players had to shift/Dier went back. Different situation. At times like this, when you have the talent, when you are on the ball, you have to TRY to make things happen even if you are off form, your first movements have to be positive and attacking in nature. Without pace around him, he simply does not find a way in.

I thought we were lacking before walkers departure. Pool are a tough team to play. We will get better. Wanyama and Dier a positive as they both did well, yet I don't see room for both.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

At least when Lamela was crap and he was for long periods, he battled and fought. Eriksen is just gutless!
Something is not right but I seriously doubt it's a lack of guts. It looks like a lack of fitness and match sharpness to me. He has never been the strongest but when fully fit and up to match sharpness he has the energy to compete. It takes courage to go out there and face a team playing at the level of intensity Liverpool, more so when you are not fully up to speed and in front of a supercritical baying mob.

Something is not right but I seriously doubt it's a lack of guts. It looks like a lack of fitness and match sharpness to me. He has never been the strongest but when fully fit and up to match sharpness he has the energy to compete. It takes courage to go out there and face a team playing at the level of intensity Liverpool, more so when you are not fully up to speed and in front of a supercritical baying mob.

Watch him go half heartedly into 50-50 balls. He often almost ducks out when the ball is in the air. Watch him just jog along after losing possession, there is no second effort. He has been doing this for months. Weak!

I really do despair some time about our fanbase, Eriksen is not playing as well as he can but he is not the only one. Kane has been rubbish so far this season but i do not see him getting the same amount of stick, Eriksen has class but its obvious that there are some fans who have a problem with seeing this. As for GB he is still sulking about Mason so there is no surprise that he feels the way he does.

last i saw its the total of 38 games that counted. if this is what poch really said then we must contend that we have a very young coach who is still learning how to manage international players and games without giving up too much in the league and cup competitions.

Back