• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

This from April. I have no idea how accurate these figures are. How can anyone possibly know?
I doubt he's asking for 150k if he's currently on 30k but who knows. Levy might have promised him something down the line.
And there's more to contracts than just basic wage. I wouldn't be surprised to his agent is trying to get a release fee in there in case everything goes to brick down the line.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ructure-following-spurs-success-a3233091.html

"One of Levy’s smartest tricks in his 15 years as Tottenham chairman has been to keep wages relatively low. Nobody at Spurs earns £100,000 a week, with the best-rewarded players — Hugo Lloris, Erik Lamela and Mousa Dembele — in the £70,000-£80,000 a week bracket.

If Spurs finish second — or even win the title — will it be possible for Levy to keep salaries at this level? Nobody is suggesting that Tottenham’s players are mercenaries. But if any worker, in any job, knows they are outperforming better-paid competitors, it is natural to ask questions of their employer.

Harry Kane, the top scorer in the League, earns about £50,000 per week. Dele Alli, the PFA Young Player of the Year, collects about half of that. Eric Dier and Christian Eriksen, key men this season, come in around the £30,000 mark, Jan Vertonghen closer to £40,000. Both Eriksen and Vertonghen are in talks over new deals.

These are tremendously wealthy young men but a glance around the Premier League is instructive.

Raheem Sterling’s wages at Emirates Marketing Project are £180,000 a week, while Theo Walcott is paid about £130,000 weekly by Arsenal. There are many more examples of footballers who do not provide the value for money that Tottenham’s have this season. "

I think Kane got a fat bump off that TBH...

Yet got 15 assists and 9 goals....

I think your confusing large parts with the odd game
So he was directly involved in 24 of our goals (and I think that doesn't include a couple of 'assists' where we scored directly after he had hit the woodwork or the GK had parried his shot?)

It would be good to see what other players in the PL had reasonably comparable output in terms of assists + goals and what salary they are on/being offered by their club.

Does anybody have the list of players with that sort of goal involvement?

I would imagine we have Ozil, Mahrez, Vardy, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku, Payet (perhaps?), Rooney (perhaps?), Sanchez (perhaps?) others?

So he was directly involved in 24 of our goals (and I think that doesn't include a couple of 'assists' where we scored directly after he had hit the woodwork or the GK had parried his shot?)

It would be good to see what other players in the PL had reasonably comparable output in terms of assists + goals and what salary they are on/being offered by their club.

Does anybody have the list of players with that sort of goal involvement?

I would imagine we have Ozil, Mahrez, Vardy, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku, Payet (perhaps?), Rooney (perhaps?), Sanchez (perhaps?) others?
People aren't interested in the good things someone like Eriksen does when they can say that he misplaces passes, drifts out of games, doesn't dominate games etc. He's still young and he's playing on a young squad that is evolving a new style.

They used to say the same about Hoddle. ( now before anyone jumps in i am not compering the players as Hoddle is the best). Eriksen closes down players nearly as much as Lamela does, you do not need to throw yourself into tackles to be doing a good job.
And Hoddle used to get kicked to pieces every game. Eriksen certainly does appear to shirk the odd tackle, but clearly that is not the main aspect of his role. And from the amount he is used I assume Poch is content with the character of his contribution.

They used to say the same about Hoddle. ( now before anyone jumps in i am not compering the players as Hoddle is the best). Eriksen closes down players nearly as much as Lamela does, you do not need to throw yourself into tackles to be doing a good job.

no, but he loses the ball everytime a player gets within a yard of him and hasn't challenged for a header in his three years at the club

it's infuriating, even more so because it's so easily fixed

no, but he loses the ball everytime a player gets within a yard of him and hasn't challenged for a header in his three years at the club

I did not see the likes of Hoddle, Ossie etc win/ challenge for headers, as for Eriksen losing the ball everytime a player gets near him i could not disagree more. We must be watching different games.

You could even say Lamela is a little wreckless at times. I think he gets it right most of the time, but he also picks up some needless bookings.

Eriksen covers as much ground as Lamela.

You could even say Lamela is a little wreckless at times. I think he gets it right most of the time, but he also picks up some needless bookings.

Eriksen covers as much ground as Lamela.

Yes he does, as for Lamela he does tend to be reckless in some tackles not sure he will change though.

I did not see the likes of Hoddle, Ossie etc win/ challenge for headers, as for Eriksen losing the ball everytime a player gets near him i could not disagree more. We must be watching different games.

you think I wouldn't be digging them out every week for it if they were still in the team?

Who doesn't agree with that?
We have been saying that mate.
Where I think the issues start is if we consider that this bloke deserves to be our highest-paid player...

Some have been intimating that if he doesn't accept what we offer him we should let him leave.

I wouldn't have a problem with making him our highest paid player if that's what it takes to keep him. Kane's deal could be restructured down the line to match Eriksen.

Bang on the money, and those who say he was poor against Everton have got that wrong, i was at the game and he was involved in most of our good play.

I have said it before but Eriksen is vital for us and he does so much good work of the ball that does not always get noticed.
Your second comment is bang on but he wasn't that good against Everton IMO, the 1st half in particular. He may have been involved in a lot of our good play but overall there wasn't a whole lot of that.

That game aside my own opinion on Eriksen is that he is vital to us, one of the top 5 performers in the team, but his potential to influence the game even more is just there bubbling under the surface. However good he is now he can certainly improve - the tools are all there. In saying that a marked improvement will not be easy as the next step up for him will be into that somewhat nebulous category of 'world class'. Eriksen has some amazing touches and vision, but also too much of what he tries just doesn't come off. The 1st half of the Everton match is a case in point. He had a little spell where his frustration was obvious after a series of misplaced passes one after the other. If he wants the big (big) bucks he needs to perform more consistently.

As for the tackling thing it is not a huge deal. The one thing I see missing is his reluctance to make the vital tackle (or tactical foul) when the time calls for it. You gotta do that. He also need to improve his free kicks which rarely hit the target any more.

Although I am a little critical of him above I know that selling him would be a monumental mistake for the club.

He rarely loses the ball at all.... My perception is that Eriksen probably turns over less possession than any player in our team.

To be honest I'm really not too bothered about him challenging for headers that he is very unlikely to win anyway due to his stature.

Back