• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I don't think you can make a straight comparison across clubs for wages as the pots are of different sizes

West Ham are reportedly playing Payet 125k a week, if we suddenly bumped the pay of all our players who are superior to Payet we'd be bankrupt in a fortnight

a players value is relative to so many other things, we have a wage structure and a strong enough recruiting network to not need to pay silly money

it doesn't matter if it's Eriksen, Kane, Alli, Lloris, we can go a buy a comparable player who is happy with the structure

we've seen a lot of players come and go, some real superstars, yet the squad continues to improve, we didn't break the bank for Bale, we don't need a change of attitude

I don't think you can make a straight comparison across clubs for wages as the pots are of different sizes

West Ham are reportedly playing Payet 125k a week, if we suddenly bumped the pay of all our players who are superior to Payet we'd be bankrupt in a fortnight

a players value is relative to so many other things, we have a wage structure and a strong enough recruiting network to not need to pay silly money

it doesn't matter if it's Eriksen, Kane, Alli, Lloris, we can go a buy a comparable player who is happy with the structure

we've seen a lot of players come and go, some real superstars, yet the squad continues to improve, we didn't break the bank for Bale, we don't need a change of attitude

We do need a change of attitude if the player is worth it. Eriksen on this account is not.

they should be on the lowest amount we can get them to agree to - it's not a charity

It's not, but they are rivals out there who will pay a lot more than we currently pay and it will turn players' heads. I remember Cantona being on 30k a week, that was 20 years ago! The game and wages have moved on from those days.

It's not, but they are rivals out there who will pay a lot more than we currently pay and it will turn players' heads. I remember Cantona being on 30k a week, that was 20 years ago! The game and wages have moved on from those days.

we have a position in the hierarchy, we need to have a bigger dingdong before we start swinging it around

I accept we can't afford United or Chelsea type wages, but we can go a little bit higher than what we pay now.

I've already said I don't believe this story to be true, if it were, it's not just going a little bit higher, it's a player wanting 100% more than his position in our structure currently pays, if we push it for one then we have 7/8 other players demanding the same

the only way the system works is for the structure to be set and players to fit into it, anyone not happy with it can leave, as good as our squad is we don't have a Bale or a Carrick, they could all be replaced for a reasonable price

I've already said I don't believe this story to be true, if it were, it's not just going a little bit higher, it's a player wanting 100% more than his position in our structure currently pays, if we push it for one then we have 7/8 other players demanding the same

the only way the system works is for the structure to be set and players to fit into it, anyone not happy with it can leave, as good as our squad is we don't have a Bale or a Carrick, they could all be replaced for a reasonable price

Every club has the same problem of players wanting the same money as the top earners. You pay the top players the highest wage, and everyone else gets less, they just have to deal with it.

We are working towards a system that doesn't rely on individual players as much, but at the same time, turnover in any walk of life should be kept to a minimum as much as possible IMO. You get instances where it is unavoidable of course but companies should do their best to kept it as low as possible.

Every club has the same problem of players wanting the same money as the top earners. You pay the top players the highest wage, and everyone else gets less, they just have to deal with it.

We are working towards a system that doesn't rely on individual players as much, but at the same time, turnover in any walk of life should be kept to a minimum as much as possible IMO. You get instances where it is unavoidable of course but companies should do their best to kept it as low as possible.

I agree, my opinion is we don't have "top players" at the minute relatively speaking, we have a squad full of solid 7 or 8 out of 10 players

Because it doesn't give people another stick to beat Eriksen with. Not saying he isn't frustrating at times, but people give Lamela for example FAR more slack than they do Eriksen. Lamela only came good in his 3rd season. Eriksen covers more ground than any other midfielder, including Lamela but people always say he's lazy or doesn't try as hard whereas people always praise Lamela for his work rate, even if his end product on the day equates to a 2 out of 10.

Wouldn't surprise me if the contract talk is effecting him a little. Even though it's clear he wants to stay, to be on 30k a week is ridiculous for a player of his standard and age, I'd expect Bournemouth to be paying those kind of wages, not a consistent top 6 side and now a CL side.

You are choosing to ignore the fact that the club repeatedly tried to increase/cut a new deal from early last season. It was Eriksen's people who stopped it. I would out him on par with our best but not a penny more. Sorry. If he wants a deal which states should we win a trophy/achieve CL again then he gets his biggest player packet, then all good. But IMO, he needs to take games like yesterday and take them. I know Coutinho is a slightly different type of player, but he is a 'creative' who absolutely grabs games and makes them his. When Eriksen does that then he will be up there with the very best.

Well said. He should be on 100k a week at the minimum. Alli, Dier and Lamela have had one stellar season for Spurs as you say, Eriksen has had two and a half at the least. Our wage structure doesn't need to be completely restructured, but it does need to be amended in line with the current going rate for players of his ability otherwise players not as loyal as him will be off without a 2nd thought.

I'm sorry, he is a really really good player but he has not had two and a half stellar seasons. He has blown away everyone for passages of the last two and a half seasons, and equally hit poor patches of form too. I want more consistency before he gets paid as much as Kane!

Good to see the BHS Financial Director is taking an interest in Spurs' affairs.

Yeah I'm such a radical for wanting our very best players to get paid the going rate for players of their stature and age. In fact, it isn't even the going rate, 100k a week is the standard for borderline average players, not just players who have topped the goalscoring charts for two years in a row. But let's just keep paying them 30-50k a week forever.

You are choosing to ignore the fact that the club repeatedly tried to increase/cut a new deal from early last season. It was Eriksen's people who stopped it. I would out him on par with our best but not a penny more. Sorry. If he wants a deal which states should we win a trophy/achieve CL again then he gets his biggest player packet, then all good. But IMO, he needs to take games like yesterday and take them. I know Coutinho is a slightly different type of player, but he is a 'creative' who absolutely grabs games and makes them his. When Eriksen does that then he will be up there with the very best.

He's not as good as Coutinho, but he is one of our best players and should be paid as such.

I'm sorry, he is a really really good player but he has not had two and a half stellar seasons. He has blown away everyone for passages of the last two and a half seasons, and equally hit poor patches of form too. I want more consistency before he gets paid as much as Kane!

I would say he was our best player during the season we signed him in 13/14. The following season he scored double figures in league goals and again was one of our top 2-3 players in the team. Last year I don't think he had a great year overall, but he definitely improved from the turn of the year and was only bettered by Ozil in terms of chances created and assists IIRC.

Jesus Murphy. Just getting caught up on this issue after a weekend of hard drinking and nude, co-ed croquet. Or was it nude, co-ed drinking and hard croquet?

Saw the link to the original short work of fiction written by The Goonergraph's fable spinner Mutt Law. Such a flabby, tawdry piece that not even the Daily Mail have stooped to scalp it or try to match it.

Nor is it on the Guardian. Or even The Shinguardian.

It's not like any of these entities held back when the story of Mitchell's departure broke. Maybe there staying out of it because it reeks like catfood?

Yeah I'm such a radical for wanting our very best players to get paid the going rate for players of their stature and age. In fact, it isn't even the going rate, 100k a week is the standard for borderline average players, not just players who have topped the goalscoring charts for two years in a row. But let's just keep paying them 30-50k a week forever.

Why should we give someone who's already making obscene amounts of money a wage increase just because another club are giving their players more? Makes no sense.

Let's forget about building a new stadium or having any money at all available for new signings. Poor souls can barely get by on their current salary.

Back