• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Poch may love him but he ain't worth anywhere near £150K a week

Dier has just signed a contract worth £75K a week and I know who is more valuable to this club

attackers always earn more than defensive mids and defenders.

With all the new tv money we are now in a position to offer our best players salary increases in order to keep them happy in their job and less tempted to leave to other clubs. We dont need to spend the new money on massive transfer fees to buy new players, all we have to do is keep the ones we have happy and to continue the policy of developing and promoting the kids.

considering we have got away with paying Eriksen 30k a week for the last 3 years which is peanuts, if Poch really wants to keep him then i think we are capable of going up to 100k a week for him.

it has to be inline with the rest of the squad, he certainly shouldn't be earning more than Lloris or Lamela for example

a player asking for parity is fine, 150k would be be taking the tinkle (like I said above, I don't believe the story)

And give our full backs 10k per goal? I'm not aware that Eriksen is in the team for his tackling ability

It would certainly help if he did more than just dangle a foot in the vicinity of opposition players. Especially if he's not contributing elsewhere.

Because we know that the contract haven't gone great and his agent has been making noises about Eriksen moving on over the summer. That and the interest from Juve, means that the fans are expecting to see him leave, knowing that wages are our biggest hurdle in keeping and attracting top players.

The story could be BS, but it is at least logical.

it has to be inline with the rest of the squad, he certainly shouldn't be earning more than Lloris or Lamela for example

a player asking for parity is fine, 150k would be be taking the tinkle (like I said above, I don't believe the story)

Well then we should also raise Lloris and Kane's wages, they should all be on 100k a week at least.

By point of comparison - how much are Fabregas, Coutinho, Mata, Cazorla, Oscar etc earning? Eriksen was better than all of them last season. Let's not even talk about Wayne Rooney who is earning about double what Eriksen is allegedly demanding. While I don't think anyone would argue that he's better than an an in-form Ozil or Silva, what you need to consider is market rate for a player of his ilk. When you've got Liverpool chucking £100k+ salaries to players like Jordan Henderson and James Milner...well, Eriksen and his agent will notice that.

6 goals + 16 assists = 22 league goals he had a hand in last season. Not even Modric or Van Der Vaart had that kind of output for us, and Rafa took our penalties which Eriksen doesn't. I don't have the "chances created" stat to hand but I believe he was second only to Ozil last season. The fact is, the guy is a proven Premier League performer, who at the age of 24 has more international caps than Paul Gascoigne or Glenn Hoddle ever got. I don't really see what justification you've got for paying some of the players I mentioned above £100k+ salaries whereas Eriksen apparently needs to be content with so much less even though we're in the Champions League (and we wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him). It's not just one or two rare exceptions, the going rate for a half-decent attacking midfielder in the Premier League seems to be around the £100k mark at least these days.

Dier and Alli could turn out to be one season wonders. Eriksen has completed three, each better than the last. He is probably our most gifted player technically. £150k perhaps seems a little excessive but if there's anyone in our squad who should be earning £100k+ at this moment in time then it's him.

View attachment 2872
Can't understand why all of you guys are sceptical to everything that is on internet, but the 150k story you didn't question..

Because it doesn't give people another stick to beat Eriksen with. Not saying he isn't frustrating at times, but people give Lamela for example FAR more slack than they do Eriksen. Lamela only came good in his 3rd season. Eriksen covers more ground than any other midfielder, including Lamela but people always say he's lazy or doesn't try as hard whereas people always praise Lamela for his work rate, even if his end product on the day equates to a 2 out of 10.

Wouldn't surprise me if the contract talk is effecting him a little. Even though it's clear he wants to stay, to be on 30k a week is ridiculous for a player of his standard and age, I'd expect Bournemouth to be paying those kind of wages, not a consistent top 6 side and now a CL side.

By point of comparison - how much are Fabregas, Coutinho, Mata, Cazorla, Oscar etc earning? Eriksen was better than all of them last season. Let's not even talk about Wayne Rooney who is earning about double what Eriksen is allegedly demanding. While I don't think anyone would argue that he's better than an an in-form Ozil or Silva, what you need to consider is market rate for a player of his ilk. When you've got Liverpool chucking £100k+ salaries to players like Jordan Henderson and James Milner...well, Eriksen and his agent will notice that.

6 goals + 16 assists = 22 league goals he had a hand in last season. Not even Modric or Van Der Vaart had that kind of output for us, and Rafa took our penalties which Eriksen doesn't. I don't have the "chances created" stat to hand but I believe he was second only to Ozil last season. The fact is, the guy is a proven Premier League performer, who at the age of 24 has more international caps than Paul Gascoigne or Glenn Hoddle ever got. I don't really see what justification you've got for paying some of the players I mentioned above £100k+ salaries whereas Eriksen apparently needs to be content with so much less even though we're in the Champions League (and we wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him). It's not just one or two rare exceptions, the going rate for a half-decent attacking midfielder in the Premier League seems to be around the £100k mark at least these days.

Dier and Alli could turn out to be one season wonders. Eriksen has completed three, each better than the last. He is probably our most gifted player technically. £150k perhaps seems a little excessive but if there's anyone in our squad who should be earning £100k+ at this moment in time then it's him.

Well said. He should be on 100k a week at the minimum. Alli, Dier and Lamela have had one stellar season for Spurs as you say, Eriksen has had two and a half at the least. Our wage structure doesn't need to be completely restructured, but it does need to be amended in line with the current going rate for players of his ability otherwise players not as loyal as him will be off without a 2nd thought.

Back