• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

If we lose Eriksen, we lose our bid for the title, it's as simple as that.

I agree with some that it is criminal the amount we pay in comparison to other CL clubs but it's also criminal the amount some of those clubs pay their prized assets, Emirates Marketing Project alone have a wage budget more than double that of ours, infact it's more than our yearly turnover.

Sadly though, despite how good our players are and how much imo they deserve £100k+ a week, we are building the most expensive stadium in European club football history. On ťhe one hand we need to give our players better wages but on the other we really can't risk another Scholar style financial meltdown with the refurbishment of the East Stand and strange 'loans' (no terms agreed before money given) to keep players sweet playing a significant role in our very near demise 25 years ago.

The stadium isn't an excuse. Anyone that knows anything about these builds will tell you it's a true test of financial, mental and physical capacity. Added to that our build has a hat trick unwanted by anyone building a new ground:

• Partial build
  • Partial demolition
  • Site limitations (the pitch splits into 3 for a reason)

Puts us on a knife at bare minimum.

Give Eriksen what he wants, give the players much better wages, I'd rather did that than bring someone in for the sake of it. But even that might wreck our build, yes on the pitch matters are far more important but we're already too far into it to consider that.

Here we go again.

Another Berbatov/Modric/Bale saga just as the season starts.

Don't care what anyone says, this is bound to have an effect on the good harmony we appear to have built within the squad. Perfect timing by the media on the morning of the first match.

Eriksen is now where near that vital to us. Those teams were built around those 3 individuals. Now we have 20 great players and Eriksen is probably about halfway down the list of them

So you go in to your bosses office and he says "we'll more than double your wages" your response is "nah, I want five times"

Either flimflam reporting or Eriksen lives in cloud cuckoo land.

I am disappointed in Eriksen. He knows exactly what he is doing.
It's his agent that's trying it on, that's what they do. Eriksen will not get more than a five-figure sum at Tottenham but his agent knows he probably can elsewhere, hence the stand off. Chances are he'll settle for around half the £150k being quoted, which in today's market is about right for a player of his calibre.

I see nothing wrong in a player pushing hard for what he think's he's worth. Let's not kid ourselves, anyone with even half a brain would do the same.

Hes going to have to up his game big style to encourage any suitors to pay him that on top of a levy transfer fee. Short term benefit for us. Still not convinced it's true though.

Hes going to have to up his game big style to encourage any suitors to pay him that on top of a levy transfer fee. Short term benefit for us. Still not convinced it's true though.

Losing a key player is never a 'short term benefit'. Also The Telegraph are as reliable, if more reliable than any other media source.

Eriksen is now where near that vital to us. Those teams were built around those 3 individuals. Now we have 20 great players and Eriksen is probably about halfway down the list of them

Poch loves him and relies on him. Halfway down the list? what a load of cobblers

The main issue here is that if he does not sign a new contract this month in January he will have just 18 months left on his contract and cup tied in the CL so he will probably not be sold then. We are then left with him having just a year left on his contract next summer. Which reminds me the same applies to Verts and Lamela

Back