• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Well if he knows he can get something approaching that figure elsewhere his agent is obviously going to push the envelope to its limit.

However Christian has recently been quoted saying he is very settled at Tottenham and wants to stay and achieve big things with us. Not only that, when his agent claimed that Brexit might mean he'd have to leave, Eriksen came out and flatly denied it. So his agent is obviously playing games big-time.

Doubtless Daniel is aware of this and is pushing back equally strongly.

If it came to losing Eriksen of course it would be a big setback but like all players no matter how big, he is expendable and the fee he'd command would be more than enough to bring in a like-for-like.

Disappointing to read that. Under the assumption that it is not complete hogwash I think Eriksen's future at the club must now be in doubt. I never thought of him as the money motivated type. I can understand players that have greater ambitions than playing for Spurs but I didn't see him in that bracket. Those players as motivated by success and glory first and foremost, and the money is a byproduct. Maybe he knows we won't pay it and is using this as his exit strategy.

Last edited:
150k a week? Bye bye Christian then.

I don't blame him, he works his nuts off every game, scores and assists, sees much less talented players elsewhere earn over 100k a week.

Hopefully Mitchell and his black box can find a cheap replacement.......

Oh:oops:

It's unbelievable that its 2016, all this money swirling around, and our top earners are on 70-80k a week. I wonder how long the club can get away with it especially considering how highly rated and sought after 4 or 5 of our players are.

I don't see anyone paying him that. If true, and I have my doubts, then I can only see it as him having his eye on a move.

If we want to be a champions league team I guess at some point we need to start paying champions league wages.

An exceptional scouting system would allow us to bring in new players just in time to replace those that have gotten too big. We just need them on contracts long enough to allow some bedding in and development. Personally I think we are offering too much in the new deals to some of our current players. We don't have to pay anyone 100k or 150k a week just because we can afford to.

150k a week? Bye bye Christian then.

I don't blame him, he works his nuts off every game, scores and assists, sees much less talented players elsewhere earn over 100k a week.

Hopefully Mitchell and his black box can find a cheap replacement.......

Oh:oops:

How many of those players earning over 100K a week are currently playing for a club that are in the process of building one of the best stadiums in Europe worth a few hundred million pounds?

It's unbelievable that its 2016, all this money swirling around, and our top earners are on 70-80k a week. I wonder how long the club can get away with it especially considering how highly rated and sought after 4 or 5 of our players are.

Unlike West Ham we were not gifted a 60,000 seater we have to build our own and it is costing us a lot of money. Maybe that is why Payet is being paid about £120K a week

If true and we have to sell, how much would you realistically be looking to get? Bearing in mind the 2 years left and the need to sell.

It is one thing to reject a low ball offer from Daniel Levy but if he wants £150K he needs to take a reality check or we need to get rid. I would not pay him that even if we could afford to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...tuns-tottenham-by-demanding-150000-per-week/?

Definitely not worth it

But in today's market I'd value him at about £60m

I imagine we have a 1 or 2 year extension on the current 2 years, and can enforce that if need be (like we did with Verts under Timmeh).

Back