• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Mason has better vision, while Eriksen has better execution. But I don't think there's much between them.

Eriksen's extra 190 career games, due to coming through at a lower level, is what is helping him edge it I think.

I have only just read this one, it deserves a bump, hell it deserves framing and putting up on the wall in the GG hall of fame.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Literally WTF?

Mason has better vision, while Eriksen has better execution. But I don't think there's much between them.

Eriksen's extra 190 career games, due to coming through at a lower level, is what is helping him edge it I think.
Eriksen is a player that would be coveted by some (or even many) of the best 10 teams in the World..... Mason isn't even coveted by the best 10 teams in England. The extra 190 games that Eriksen has had are due to the fact that he is a better player than Mason, you have to be good enough to earn the right to play the games in the first place.

Having watched a lot of both players for Spurs over the past couple of years something that is instantly evident is how much better than Mason's Eriksen's first touch is. It doesn't matter whether he receives the ball on his right or left side Eriksen will always either play an excellent first time pass or control it so that he can play a perfect pass with his next touch without even looking, unfortunately Mason does not have anything like that same sort of ability, that makes the game much harder for Mason.

Mason is a decent squad option. Somebody who can fill in as 2nd (or better still 3rd) choice for a few different positions on the pitch. He works hard, puts himself about, is pretty good on the ball and occasionally gets himself into the box into goal scoring positions (although his finishing is then reasonably poor). He would be a decent, starting option for a team at the level of Sunderland/Bournemouth/Hull. The fact that you rate him as being close to Eriksen in terms of ability absolutely staggers me.

Also you claim that Eriksen has had 190 more appearances than Mason because he came through at a lower level…. Eriksen came through at Ajax, Mason came through at Yeovil Town, Doncaster Rovers, Milwall, L’Orient, L’Orient B and Swindon Town.

Last edited:
Let's face it anyone who cannot immediately see the gulf between Eriksen and Mason talent-wise is never going to.

Point is they each bring much needed assets to the squad and both should be valued for what they contribute without the need to constantly justify one against the other.

But (sigh) I suppose that's the way it has to be on forums like this.

This has to be the WORST post of the year.
There is NO way you can compare Mason & Eriksen. Mason can't even get into our first 11.
He might do well for a mid table side.

Complete gonads. Even if you dismiss assists, a statistic in which Eriksen was only bettered by Ozil last season IIRC, he was right at the top in terms of chances created. Mason is a utility player.

There is not one shred of evidence to say that Mason has better vision. I don't even think Mason's Dad would argue that.

Just need the Danish dude to sign a contract. Playing CL and contesting the title, we have more weight now. Only the elite Spanish clubs are significantly above us in stature. A few clubs could pay more but hope he sees sense and puts pen to paper.

Last edited:
£150K is double our current highest earner, he is having a laugh. Heck I would flog him before the end of the month, he is good but he ain't that good

It's probably just a case of us offering to little and he responds by demanding to much and we'll meet in the middle somewhere.

Whatever it is, it is gonads. Sorry, he simply hasn't done enough to justify being our highest earner!!!!!! Kane, Alli, Lloris, Dier, Dembele, Toby and Verts are ALL more important than he is. Erik probably too. Don't get me wrong, he is a very important player, but not themes important. Seriously, if there is any truth to this 'story' then I would have a hard time not thinking 'clam'...let me say, I actually do not believe it!!!!!...well, I am choosing not to...

Back