• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Only player who could possibly deserve to earn as much as Eriksen is Lloris. Both have been through some utter brick in their time here but have stayed loyal, worked hard and their good performances have finally been rewarded with us qualifying for the Champions League and now finally having a half-decent team.

If he's willing to sign an extension but only if he becomes top earner then we shouldn't hesitate to give it to him. Any replacement of his age that's got anywhere near the same combo of work rate and technical ability will cost £35m+

Only player who could possibly deserve to earn as much as Eriksen is Lloris. Both have been through some utter brick in their time here but have stayed loyal, worked hard and their good performances have finally been rewarded with us qualifying for the Champions League and now finally having a half-decent team.

If he's willing to sign an extension but only if he becomes top earner then we shouldn't hesitate to give it to him. Any replacement of his age that's got anywhere near the same combo of work rate and technical ability will cost £35m+

that was definitely last season's prices, a like for like Eriksen replacement in today's market? don't even want to guess ...

By the sounds of it this is just standard negotiation, we don't want him to go and he doesn't want to leave, we'll reach an agreement and if he's a top 5 earner then it will be deserved.

Ugh this is all about money, and it underlines the fact that the players wearing the shirt are just doing a job and there should not be an assumption that tgey are lifelong fans ( though affinity with an employer usually correlates to one's career success there)

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Still... £30k a week is peanuts for a player like Eriksen.

If I were him, even if I could never see myself leaving the club under any circumstances, I would still be asking for considerably more than that. He deserves it.

How many years left on his current contract?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Think he is under contract until end of next season.

He played some sublime stuff yesterday, the reverse pass to the overlapping Rose run was stupid good.

He is one of the reasons I think Spurs could still surprise other teams this season, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Alli still have another level in them.

Think he is under contract until end of next season.

He played some sublime stuff yesterday, the reverse pass to the overlapping Rose run was stupid good.

He is one of the reasons I think Spurs could still surprise other teams this season, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Alli still have another level in them.
I assume by end of next season you mean until the end of the 2017/18 season?

For some reason I have a horrible feeling about Eriksen. IMO he is our best player and if he was at Barcelona then he would be a first choice player for them (IMO he is the only player in our side who you could say that about).

I think my horrible feeling comes from the fact that just about every time in the past few years that we have threatened to build something our best player/players have been poached against our wishes - Carrick, Berbatov/Keane, Modric, Bale....

Eriksen would be a £100,000 a week player for a dozen clubs across Europe. We need to ensure we pay him what he is worth to give him a new 4 or 5 year contract to ensure that he stays at least another 2 years at our club.

Now Pogba has gone to UTD, can anyone else see Juventus coming in for Eriksen?? There were a lot of links last summer and what with his contract not being sorted out yet, they may feel they can tempt him away and put us in a position of having to sell.

I assume by end of next season you mean until the end of the 2017/18 season?

For some reason I have a horrible feeling about Eriksen. IMO he is our best player and if he was at Barcelona then he would be a first choice player for them (IMO he is the only player in our side who you could say that about).

I think my horrible feeling comes from the fact that just about every time in the past few years that we have threatened to build something our best player/players have been poached against our wishes - Carrick, Berbatov/Keane, Modric, Bale....

Eriksen would be a £100,000 a week player for a dozen clubs across Europe. We need to ensure we pay him what he is worth to give him a new 4 or 5 year contract to ensure that he stays at least another 2 years at our club.

Personally I view him as a bit overrated and someone we could upgrade on. If Juve slap £70-80m of their Pogba dosh on the table, and we can get say Isco, I'd probably twist.

What? My opinion of your judgment just took another lurch downwards.

He's a very tidy player, but I've never seen him dominate a game and he does tend to go missing in the biggest matches. I think it's a mental barrier, rather than a technical one.

The ease with which Alli ousted him from his favoured ACM position was quite telling too I feel.

Essentially I'd put him at Carrick level rather than Modric level

He's a very tidy player, but I've never seen him dominate a game and he does tend to go missing in the biggest matches. I think it's a mental barrier, rather than a technical one.

The ease with which Alli ousted him from his favoured ACM position was quite telling too I feel.

So you mean a guy that the best manager in the league (Sir Alex) would make a vital cog in his midfield machine? A guy capable of being an important part of a team that wins multiple titles? That sounds like a good player.

Personally I view him as a bit overrated and someone we could upgrade on. If Juve slap £70-80m of their Pogba dosh on the table, and we can get say Isco, I'd probably twist.
1. They won't slap anything like that much money on the table.
2. Isco would probably want bigger wages than we could get Eriksen to re-sign for
3. Just as with any new player, Isco would be a gamble in terms of how well he would cope with football in England whereas Eriksen has already proven himself.
4. Losing a key component of our team is likely to disrupt us for a period while we/the new player adjusts.
5. I actually think that Eriksen is underrated as opposed to overrated. IMO he is probably the hardest player to upgrade in our team.

6. Just to get this right GB.... You rate Ryan Mason highly as a player but think Eriksen could be upgraded upon?... I am beginning to wonder whether you actually ARE Ryan Mason?

Last edited:

Mate, I very rarely comment against you (each of us have their own opinions), but to say you have never seen Eriksen dominate a game? in the same thread you are voting for his replacement to be Isco?

Statements like that are why people dismiss a lot of what you have to say.

Re Alli, Eriksen has never been given the freedom (by Poch or fans) to play as responsibility free or as attacking as Alli, and Alli isn't played as a creative midfielder (which is what Eriksen is), Alli is played as a AM that runs beyond the main striker (completely different position, style of play, only similarity is they start in a CM position).

Now for my hyperbole statement, I think Eriksen is a better player than Carrick (but different role), I also think he's as important to us as Modric was, he has a few years to reach Modric's level (if he can), but I would bet he would have a bigger impact on Madrid than Isco did.

1. They won't slap anything like that much money on the table.
2. Isco would probably want bigger wages than we could get Eriksen for
3. Just as with any new player, Isco would be a gamble in terms of how well he would cope with football in England whereas Eriksen has already proven himself.
4. Losing a key component of our team is likely to disrupt us for a period while we/the new player adjusts.
5. I actually think that Eriksen is underrated as opposed to overrated. IMO he is probably the hardest player to upgrade in our team.

6. Just to get this right GB.... You rate Ryan Mason highly as a player but think Eriksen could be upgraded upon?... I am beginning to wonder whether you actually ARE Ryan Mason?

Mason has better vision, while Eriksen has better execution. But I don't think there's much between them.

Eriksen's extra 190 career games, due to coming through at a lower level, is what is helping him edge it I think.

Mason has better vision, while Eriksen has better execution. But I don't think there's much between them.

Eriksen's extra 190 career games, due to coming through at a lower level, is what is helping him edge it I think.

No its Eriksens performance in our shirt that is the differentiator

Eriksen is borderline world class - his stats show that. Mason is a squad player for us and will have a role to play but isn't at the level of anyone in the first 11

You have never rated Eriksen which is your call but honestly its delusional to compare him and Mason as Mason has never been at his level and ultimately plays for us in a different role

Do you even watch games or are you too busy spouting your half-baked opinions to your mates to notice what's actually happening on the pitch?

Last season he consistently featured among the top three or four attacking midfielders in a whole raft of performance stats. There are stats out there demonstrating that he covers more ground than most on the park.

For sure he can look a bit of a pussy in the tackle, but if you watched with even half-an-eye you'll have noticed that's not the way he goes about winning back possession. He's more artful than that. He harries, he hassles, he chases, but instead of putting his foot in he uses his nous to anticipate what his opponent is going to do next so he can nick the ball off him. Not sexy but every bit as effective.

And once in possession he's one of the best at seeing a pass and instantly executing it. Here's a reminder of last season's assists table.

http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-premier-league-2015-2016/

Mate, I very rarely comment against you (each of us have their own opinions), but to say you have never seen Eriksen dominate a game? in the same thread you are voting for his replacement to be Isco?

Statements like that are why people dismiss a lot of what you have to say.

Re Alli, Eriksen has never been given the freedom (by Poch or fans) to play as responsibility free or as attacking as Alli, and Alli isn't played as a creative midfielder (which is what Eriksen is), Alli is played as a AM that runs beyond the main striker (completely different position, style of play, only similarity is they start in a CM position).

Now for my hyperbole statement, I think Eriksen is a better player than Carrick (but different role), I also think he's as important to us as Modric was, he has a few years to reach Modric's level (if he can), but I would bet he would have a bigger impact on Madrid than Isco did.
I agree 100% here.... I started to type something along similar lines before I got rudely interrupted by that nasty thing called work... I think you put it far better that I would've anyway.

Back