• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

i don't think the hard work angle matters much in that instance, they'll be moving for more money and a better chance of silverware - would they also move if offered the same money as they get here by a club with a similar chance of success as ourselves? in that instance you could highlight the nature of our play/training to be a root cause

Same money, same living standards in a global city, the works. Not many comparable clubs out there that won't also be a red flag in terms of inciting the club if they do end up leaving to go to them (West Ham is a prime example).

It's more a question of asking if they'd be happy with staying three seasons at Spurs before moving on to trophies and silverware if they play in a system which doesn't ask much of them, or whether they'd only be willing to stay two if faced with the same choice but having to play in the system we presently ask of them. I.e, would they stay longer in Harry's 'train how you like, enjoy how you play' system, or would they stay longer under Poch's 'suffer like dogs in training, so the games aren't a hassle' system?

Same money, same living standards in a global city, the works. Not many comparable clubs out there that won't also be a red flag in terms of inciting the club if they do end up leaving to go to them (West Ham is a prime example).

It's more a question of asking if they'd be happy with staying three seasons at Spurs before moving on to trophies and silverware if they play in a system which doesn't ask much of them, or whether they'd only be willing to stay two if faced with the same choice but having to play in the system we presently ask of them. I.e, would they stay longer in Harry's 'train how you like, enjoy how you play' system, or would they stay longer under Poch's 'suffer like dogs in training, so the games aren't a hassle' system?

id expect any driven professional to want to move on after a certain period of time if they felt they didn't have much chance of success staying put (and they had the quality to be targets for more successful clubs) - my point was more that it would have little to nothing to do with how hard they are worked here, the bottom line would be whether they could earn/win more elsewhere

There's a new stadium to look forward to. I'm sure the better players are expecting an uplift in pay too. There will be the others who will be fearing competition, so another transition, but clearly this time a step up in quality if we can keep our place in champions league.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He was a bit rusty today but he's certainly worth the money. If we don't pay it someone else will. Levy, you have my permission to push to boat out on this one.

It sounds a bit of a non-story to me (in the sense that it is not new news). Wasn't there something from a few months ago that Eriksen had rejected our offer but wanted to stay and negotiate a new deal. Nothing in that article sounds like he has rejected yet another offer. Turning down the "most recent offer" is quite vague and could easily just be rehashing the old story. It might just be his agent trying to hurry things along.
As long as he wants to stay with us I can't imagine that we would shirk on offering him a very good salary.

He was a bit rusty today but he's certainly worth the money. If we don't pay it someone else will. Levy, you have my permission to push to boat out on this one.
He was a bit rusty although early first half he was more involved in things. Given that he was coming in off the back of a stomach bug which in itself was off the back of the long flight out, it's not surprising if he looked a bit off the pace.

Id be quite happy if we didn't sign anyone else this summer and instead used the money saved plus any income from sales to all go directly towards improved contracts for Eriksen, Lamela, Dier and Kane

Eriksen on 30k a week? for a top footballer that is very little.

I think we will get there with him and the others. Most crucial to us is getting our core players settled and on long term deals. Simple really...We keep hold of lloris, toby, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen and Kane and good things can happen to us in the near future.

He's entitled to ask for a better deal and we should try to settle that with him before the season starts. We don't need his head elsewhere.

Ugh this is all about money, and it underlines the fact that the players wearing the shirt are just doing a job and there should not be an assumption that tgey are lifelong fans ( though affinity with an employer usually correlates to one's career success there)

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Even if you love the club, seeing someone like Shelvey on more than you is enough to make you question your worth to the club.

Why would you assume otherwise?
I am normally quite rational about players so I don't.
But i know how easy it is to get caught up in that romantic notion, and sometimes I want to believe that it may come true. Bale going to Real is the right thing to do.

Back