• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

We're in the top five clubs in the league for goals from direct free kicks so far this season and also in the top five for indirect free kicks, so I don't think that we have too much to worry about there.

Remind me, how many goals have we scored from direct free kicks this season?

Yes. I think that there is a tendency to think that other clubs score more than they do because we do not pay as much attention to them as we do Spurs.

Exactly and other than Willian and Payet there is no else who takes decent free kicks

Erisken as are very good generally but as he hasn't scored as many this season people think it's a weakness of sorts

Exactly and other than Willian and Payet there is no else who takes decent free kicks

Erisken as are very good generally but as he hasn't scored as many this season people think it's a weakness of sorts

You have a point but in all honesty most free kicks do not get scored from, there used to be a big myth about " Goldenballs" being a ace dead ball man but he missed many more then he scored ( like most players do)

You have a point but in all honesty most free kicks do not get scored from, there used to be a big myth about " Goldenballs" being a ace dead ball man but he missed many more then he scored ( like most players do)

That's my point

Eriksen has had the highest number of free kicks scored for the last two seasons IIRC but there still low numbers

I don't see why people think Ronaldo is good at freekicks? he rarely scores them and is probably not even in the top 20 in Europe.
Well, percentage-wise he stood at 6th best in Europe according to the article linked above and has since scored at least a couple more, so probably leapfrogged ahead of Eriksen by now.

across domestic and international games he scored 65 free kicks in 638 games, which is more than half of his 114 senior goals tally

thats better than a one in ten rate which compares very favourably with anyone else, as you say, he missed more than he scored, but he is still one of the all time great FK goal scorers

across domestic and international games he scored 65 free kicks in 638 games, which is more than half of his 114 senior goals tally

thats better than a one in ten rate which compares very favourably with anyone else, as you say, he missed more than he scored, but he is still one of the all time great FK goal scorers

Well we will have to disagree as I do not know what others average, but his actual taking of them was no where near as good as the hysteria that surrounded his ability at hitting the target.

Well we will have to disagree as I do not know what others average, but his actual taking of them was no where near as good as the hysteria that surrounded his ability at hitting the target.
According to this Mailonline article in January 2015.Beckham was placed fourth best this century:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Premier-League-s-deadly-free-kick-taker.html

But whatever you think of Beckham's fk prowess it's worth recalling just how godawful we used to be before the likes of VdV, Bale and Eriksen. One goal every ten kicks may not sound much but it can make one hell of a difference to where you finish up come the end of the season.

One of our seven or eight key players who is having an excellent season. Started slowly but since Xmas has been in true playmaker form. Excellent vision, work rate and passing. Lucky to have him flying under the radar because he's literally one of the players we could have massive clubs sniffing around for.

Back