• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

@Papercut even when he's not have a good game (by his standards) he makes my pants sticky.

Kane is obviously more fundamental, but that's maybe because we have more cover in Eriksen's position.

Basically Kane and Eriksen have been our best players for 2 years. Toby, Dier, Lloris all vital though.

I thought he was excellent on Sunday
Yes, pot after pot. Feeding people in. Reverse spin cut back diagonal backward sly passes. Chasing back to save the day. Up and down. Great game. Perhaps the fastest Dane on the planet, likely to enter the Olympics soon

Yes, pot after pot. Feeding people in. Reverse spin cut back diagonal backward sly passes. Chasing back to save the day. Up and down. Great game. Perhaps the fastest Dane on the planet, likely to enter the Olympics soon

Joking aside he appeared to have a pace that I've never seen him show before. It was like he was in fast forward

You could argue we don't have any speedsters other than walker but seeing us counter in Sunday we regularly had players going forward at a hell of a pace

Thought he was excellent yesterday. His fitness has improved so much. He's now constantly making runs and looks quicker too.
A joy to watch yesterday.

Really glad he got a goal as well, he's been so close in last few weeks (post/saves).

Joking aside he appeared to have a pace that I've never seen him show before. It was like he was in fast forward

You could argue we don't have any speedsters other than walker but seeing us counter in Sunday we regularly had players going forward at a hell of a pace
Not just the pace, either, but the accurate, perfectly weighted passing and ball-control at speed that goes with it.

Not had the best season but I'd say he's improved since the turn of the year. The Eriksen from last season added to this current team would more than likely have us above Leicester.

Not had the best season but I'd say he's improved since the turn of the year. The Eriksen from last season added to this current team would more than likely have us above Leicester.

I agree with you in that this season has not been as strong as last season. I think him coming into some really strong performances will mean that we are in for one hell of an end to the season.

Agree he was excellent yesterday, possibly his best game this season, but here comes the but. I just feel he still has so much more in the locker, that one of these days he is going to ratchet it up to a very much higher level.

He already has the vision, the imagination, the flicks, the touches, but the execution is not always quite there. He's not had much luck with free kicks and shots from range recently but you just know it's coming, that once he eventually gets it fine-tuned he has it in him to wow us all on a regular basis. Same goes for his corners, you see the occasional peach but far too many find the first defender.

It feels to me like he is still on a journey, a long slow climb to heights as yet uncharted, but that once he manages to up it a notch or two he already has all the energy, the drive and staying power to go with it to make him unstoppable.

In short I think he still has it in him to become world class. I cannot wait!

I think Dier got in the way of his free kick yesterday, or it appeared that way. I really enjoyed watching his effortless flicks and one-touch passing. Our quick passes must give defenders nightmares.

I think we have two players in our squad who could start for Barcelona..... Eriksen and Alderweireld. There are probably only a couple of players across the rest of the Premier League that you could say this about.

Lloris and Alderweireld I'd say.

I think Eriksen isn't quite there.
I don't think that Lloris isn't anywhere near good enough with the ball at his feet for Barcelona.

Eriksen I think would fit into their system straight away. Look how comfortable he is receiving the ball on either foot, look how good his control is and how well he passes the ball. He also works incredibly hard off the ball. He is an ideal player for Barca - and I worry a little that he is a player they might look at to replace either of their two aging midfield geniuses.

I don't think that Lloris isn't anywhere near good enough with the ball at his feet for Barcelona.

Eriksen I think would fit into their system straight away. Look how comfortable he is receiving the ball on either foot, look how good his control is and how well he passes the ball. He also works incredibly hard off the ball. He is an ideal player for Barca - and I worry a little that he is a player they might look at to replace either of their two aging midfield geniuses.
I don't think lloris' kicking ability is so poor that he wouldn't make a good keeper for Barcelona. In comparison to Bravo, who I wouldnt say is supremely skilled (for a keeper) with the ball, Lloris doesn't fall too shy. I'd also say lloris is vastly better with other goal keeping attributes, despite his skills perhaps being a waste for a team who do not conceed many shots.

Eriksen is good enough to be in the squad and is undoubtedly imo, suited to play that style of football but, I don't think he is of such a quality that he'd be a first teamer yet.

If Barcelona were playing in a competitive league, then he would be a great signing for them

Back