• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I think we have two players in our squad who could start for Barcelona..... Eriksen and Alderweireld. There are probably only a couple of players across the rest of the Premier League that you could say this about.

That's the kind of comment I'd expect to read on RAWK.

@EuroSport_UK
Eriksen with his ninth assist of the season. Only Ozil (18) and Mahrez (11) have provided more this season.

He's started to peak at the business end of the season, which is great for us. Oh how I wish that freekick had flown in today.

We needed a goal from him today. He did everything else. Two season's ago he carried the team at points, scoring key goals. He will get his scoring mojo back. But even when not nailing his shots, he's one hell of a player.

Last edited:
I thought he had a woeful first half and looked injured to me

Second half was a polar opposite and he ran his socks off - particularly for the goal

I thought he had a woeful first half and looked injured to me

Second half was a polar opposite and he ran his socks off - particularly for the goal

liverpool are a lively bunch though and i did expect that both teams would nullify each other especially in the first half.
different in extra time - we had them pegged back and wishing for the final whistle

Oh how I wish that freekick had flown in today.
Yes indeed, 1 yard difference and EVERYBODY in UK football would be painting a very different picture of the game and our title chances... fine margins. Did you see Payet's freekick? Absolutely incredible bend, just put it bang in the top corner, more bend than Bananaman's Johnson.

Payet's freekick was postage stamp stuff. No keeper in the world would've got to that.
Great freekick but the keeper should have saved it given his starting position - the wall placement ment he didn't see the ball till it was too late

Great freekick but the keeper should have saved it given his starting position - the wall placement ment he didn't see the ball till it was too late

True, he also took a step to his right just before the kick was taken which left him off balance.

What has happened to Eriksen's free-kicks? Last season he had a good conversion rate. Apart from his two belters against Swansea away, he has been really poor this season. His radar seems off. Last season, I fully expected to see him at least hit the target. This season, he either hits the wall or fires over, rarely, if ever testing the keeper. Just one or two more goals from these positions could have made all the difference come the end of the seaso.

What has happened to Eriksen's free-kicks? Last season he had a good conversion rate. Apart from his two belters against Swansea away, he has been really poor this season. His radar seems off. Last season, I fully expected to see him at least hit the target. This season, he either hits the wall or fires over, rarely, if ever testing the keeper. Just one or two more goals from these positions could have made all the difference come the end of the seaso.

The Swansea ones should have both been saved if anything.

Natural variation. He was on a hot streak last season, this season he has returned to his mean level.

Natural variation. He was on a hot streak last season, this season he has returned to his mean level.

Well if that is the case, his mean level isn't good enough. Others should be tried out. Lamela, Kane and Son strike a decent dead ball.

Well if that is the case, his mean level isn't good enough. Others should be tried out. Lamela, Kane and Son strike a decent dead ball.

Out of interest, how many goals from set pieces would you expect from him or the alternatives each season?

We're in the top five clubs in the league for goals from direct free kicks so far this season and also in the top five for indirect free kicks, so I don't think that we have too much to worry about there.

Back