• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I thought that was top drawer performance and he was everywhere

He even cleared up in defence behind Toby at one point

It's great to see him picking up form when we need it and he ran his socks off today

Bizarrely there are people who didn't think he had a good game on the OMT.

It was like Modric but with a credible goal threat
This. He was my MOTM today. I too noticed him mopping up back in defence towards the end of the game and thinking 'what is Eriksen doing so far back'. He often seems under-appreciated by many but he is so, so important to the way we play.

I thought he started slowly and didn't get into the game. Once we conceded he really shone, but the concern for me would be that whilst Swansea were trying to score and hustle the midfield he was fairly anonymous. Once they sat back he dictated play and was good at snuffing out the odd counter, but the physical presence, the act of dominating the midfield was missing whilst things were 50/50.

I thought he started slowly and didn't get into the game. Once we conceded he really shone, but the concern for me would be that whilst Swansea were trying to score and hustle the midfield he was fairly anonymous. Once they sat back he dictated play and was good at snuffing out the odd counter, but the physical presence, the act of dominating the midfield was missing whilst things were 50/50.

That's Dier jobs first and foremost

The "other" midfielder is there to link up with the attack but he did make 5 interceptions for example and win half his duels

He was very dominant IMO and won a lot of ball

The counter attack run he did around 70 minutes was the kind of thing we used to purr about Bale making

Things were not 50/50 up until their goal imo. After their initial big chance we were dominant and they fluked a goal despite our dominance. We then fluked two goals in the second half, but we at least had the common decency to waste a gabzillion chances before fluking our goals.

Once they went one up they sat back and surrendered the central midfield to Dier and Eriksen. I would liked a bit more tempo from him like what Mason brings but he was surprising good defensively winning 5 interceptions. Look at his passing map only really losing the ball if he was trying to get it into the box.

cHw2P91.png

I think Mason will be back in the middle for the West Ham and Arsenal games. I think thats the way Poch planned it out that we could get away with Eriksen there against Swansea and Mason couldnt play 3 games in a week.

@Modric, I agree Mason will be back in there for the derby games, will need that tougher tackling and aggression. Eriksen moved further up the pitch again for those games.

^^Only concern is that Mason looked slow when he came on. However that could be due to the pace of the game and the time required to adjust to it.

has a sudden burst of speed - that he holds back in reserve... wish he'd hit that turbo button a couple of times every game
yup. so assured on the ball. great technique when he buzzes forward with the ball. a prettier modric.

Once they went one up they sat back and surrendered the central midfield to Dier and Eriksen. I would liked a bit more tempo from him like what Mason brings but he was surprising good defensively winning 5 interceptions. Look at his passing map only really losing the ball if he was trying to get it into the box.

cHw2P91.png

I think Mason will be back in the middle for the West Ham and Arsenal games. I think thats the way Poch planned it out that we could get away with Eriksen there against Swansea and Mason couldnt play 3 games in a week.

11 passes in/into his own half. 60 passes in the opponent's half.

Eriksen :cool:

^^Only concern is that Mason looked slow when he came on. However that could be due to the pace of the game and the time required to adjust to it.

Thought he looked fine. Remember we scored just after he came on too, so slightly slower play keeping possession and a bit of patience off the ball was probably what was called for.

Showed in the game against Fiorentina that he's back to decent match fitness at least after his injury. Absolutely no worries for me if he starts against West Ham.

has a sudden burst of speed - that he holds back in reserve... wish he'd hit that turbo button a couple of times every game

He might have gotten a bit quicker...

Might also be that he's fitter overall. So when others start to tire and their legs go slow Eriksen just keeps on ticking and his bursts of speed look quicker by comparison?

Eriksen is peaking at the right time for us now.. and he also know she has no Euros to worry about

He is relishing being more involved again as Alli is having slightly less impact in some games

They all compliment each other so well

Saw it when he was chasing a ball back to our Area, had to double check it was him as thought it must have been Dier (who again has spped when he gets going).

Yes he was and he was my MOM, to think he is only 24 and there is so much more to come from him. Class player.

Yeah has really pushed on in the second half of this season after being a bit more anonymous for the first half. Great to have him come into form for this key part of the season.

Playing his best football of his career right now I think.

I noticed that he switched positions with Alli about 30 minutes into the match. Alli started as CM and Eriksen AM. I think Eriksen is best cover for Dembele at CM when we play teams that sit deep.

He definitely is faster. The fitness work has given him an extra gear!? Great to see his turn of pace. Will be pleased when he signs a new contract. All things considered is he our best player? It would be hard to argue against imo.

Last edited:
He defiantly is faster! Its like the fitness work has given him an extra gear! Great to see his turn of pace. Will be pleased when he signs a new contract. All things considered is he our best player? It would be hard to argue against imo.

I'll start arguing! :D

I think there are other players who would be missed more. That said and it being a proper team, I just wanna luuuv em allll! :oops:

Back