• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

More ammunition for those who claim Eriksen is a pussy: Guardian article claims the Dane has committed only three fouls all season. Wow.

Fortunately he has the likes of Lamela, Dier and Dembele to do the ball-winning so he can concentrate on doing something useful with it once they get it to him, eg score against City.

Dembélé, Dier and Lamela have all fouled far more than they have been fouled themselves, with Lamela, the Premier League’s secret clogger, leading the way with an astonishing 47 fouls committed to 20 suffered. If the fact Eriksen, by comparison, has committed only three fouls all season is startling, the implication is clear. This is a well-rehearsed tactic, an expertise in breaking play that both interrupts the opposition and offers Tottenham’s own ceaseless runners a series of tactical breaks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...tspur-power-game-premier-league-title-arsenal
Speaking of which, and I know this is the wrong thread, how are we on yellows? Anyone close to 5 or 10?

Dier on 8

Can't remember when the cut off is, normally its the last weekend of March when the 10 won't result in a suspension. Probably too much to expect he won't pick up 2 bookings so hopefully he keeps his nose clean against Palace and Swansea and at the very least if he gets booked against West Ham and Arsenal then he will miss Villa/FA Cup 6th and Bournemouth which isn't a complete disaster.

Can't remember when the cut off is, normally its the last weekend of March when the 10 won't result in a suspension. Probably too much to expect he won't pick up 2 bookings so hopefully he keeps his nose clean against Palace and Swansea and at the very least if he gets booked against West Ham and Arsenal then he will miss Villa/FA Cup 6th and Bournemouth which isn't a complete disaster.

I'd be inclined to rest Dier against Palace for that reason.

South American commentating is just beyond ridiculous. That stupid "gooool" cheer is supposed to be so engaging or whatever, yet you get tired of it after having heard it once. I lived in Buenos Aires for half a year and was following Spurs from there, had to mute the TV every time someone scored, just couldn't stand that ridiculous pointless "goooool"-bonanza. It kind of loses all its meaning when they do it every goddamn time.
They only do it to buy themselves time to work out who scored and what happened.

They only do it to buy themselves time to work out who scored and what happened.

My grandfather who's lived in Sao Paolo since the mid 50's has always told me that they do it so that the people not really paying attention to the telly (bars, etc) can know without a shaddow of a doubt that there's been a goal scored.

This isn't Wheelchair we're talking about here...

My grandfather who's lived in Sao Paolo since the mid 50's has always told me that they do it so that the people not really paying attention to the telly (bars, etc) can know without a shaddow of a doubt that there's been a goal scored.

Sounds like a reasonable consideration to take. Not! They could've done it 1/10th of the length that they usually do, and people would still know it's been a goal. As it is now it seems like there's a competition between commentators to have the longest most dramatic "goool" around, which of course inflates the whole thing.

There was a moment when a loose ball was behind their defender who was half as close to the ball as Eriksen, and I thought he'll get that and he bloody did. Some pace over a short distance.

He was a monster, ran, didn't back out of tackles, some great quick passes, really felt he deserved a goal.

Not sure how he didn't make the running for MOTM
Out of interest, which game were you referring to? My comment related to the first leg in Florence.

Was also full of running last night but looked totally wiped out by the final few minutes. Just hope he can recover fully in time for Sunday.

Out of interest, which game were you referring to? My comment related to the first leg in Florence.

Was also full of running last night but looked totally wiped out by the final few minutes. Just hope he can recover fully in time for Sunday.

I was referring to last night, not surprised he was tired at end ..

There is no tired...

Just take a bow Christian. Take a bow. What form. What ability. Wowser...
Key time of the season for us too.

I thought that was top drawer performance and he was everywhere

He even cleared up in defence behind Toby at one point

It's great to see him picking up form when we need it and he ran his socks off today

Bizarrely there are people who didn't think he had a good game on the OMT.

It was like Modric but with a credible goal threat

I thought that was top drawer performance and he was everywhere

He even cleared up in defence behind Toby at one point

It's great to see him picking up form when we need it and he ran his socks off today

Bizarrely there are people who didn't think he had a good game on the OMT.

It was like Modric but with a credible goal threat

Thought he was very good. Agreed that this was one of those times he actually looked a bit like Modric.

Never stopped running. And after a lot of time on the pitch for the 3 cup games that was really impressive. Even towards the end he didn't even look like he was going to get tired. Just kept going.

Unlucky not to get a goal.

Back