• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Well done Eriksen. He was off the pace in the first half, but was better in the second and deserved his goal.

Definitely. At half time I was thinking whether he should come off. By full time, I was happy to be proved wrong. I thought that Eriksen helped out more defensively today too.

He and run 5k before the end of the first half

I thought he had a poor game personally but he was always involved in the stuff that mattered. Strange one to watch but he took his goal so well

Really such a good goal. Made by Lamela, but Eriksen does several awesome things:

- desire and a bit of pace to make that run
- keeps himself onside well, great timing
- outstanding first touch to take it into his stride and open up the angle
- composure, calm mofo, slides it in

Class class CLASS goal. Love to win a big match with moments like that. Eriksen is getting closer and closer to his best, his second half was excellent in particular.

In the split second he received that pass from Lamela, I had zero doubt he would miss, can't believe he's just 24, as we know players peak around 26-28, just think how he could yet improve.

Great goal, this boy is class and he is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. I am looking forward to how the guy is really going to be a top player over the next few years.

Definitely. At half time I was thinking whether he should come off. By full time, I was happy to be proved wrong. I thought that Eriksen helped out more defensively today too.

I know defensive work isn't perfectly correlated with distance covered, but Eriksen has been consistently up there at the top of our players in terms of covering ground for quite a long time.

His combination of work rate and skill really is rare. Perhaps not super rare for us as we also have Kane, Alli and Lamela putting in similar shifts. But in terms of English or even world football that combination really is special.

He doesn't get stuck in as much defensively as Lamela, but that distance covered still has huge value. As it did for his run against City leading to the goal. That attacking work rate is just as important.

More ammunition for those who claim Eriksen is a pussy: Guardian article claims the Dane has committed only three fouls all season. Wow.

Fortunately he has the likes of Lamela, Dier and Dembele to do the ball-winning so he can concentrate on doing something useful with it once they get it to him, eg score against City.

Dembélé, Dier and Lamela have all fouled far more than they have been fouled themselves, with Lamela, the Premier League’s secret clogger, leading the way with an astonishing 47 fouls committed to 20 suffered. If the fact Eriksen, by comparison, has committed only three fouls all season is startling, the implication is clear. This is a well-rehearsed tactic, an expertise in breaking play that both interrupts the opposition and offers Tottenham’s own ceaseless runners a series of tactical breaks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...tspur-power-game-premier-league-title-arsenal

More ammunition for those who claim Eriksen is a pussy: Guardian article claims the Dane has committed only three fouls all season. Wow.

Fortunately he has the likes of Lamela, Dier and Dembele to do the ball-winning so he can concentrate on doing something useful with it once they get it to him, eg score against City.

Dembélé, Dier and Lamela have all fouled far more than they have been fouled themselves, with Lamela, the Premier League’s secret clogger, leading the way with an astonishing 47 fouls committed to 20 suffered. If the fact Eriksen, by comparison, has committed only three fouls all season is startling, the implication is clear. This is a well-rehearsed tactic, an expertise in breaking play that both interrupts the opposition and offers Tottenham’s own ceaseless runners a series of tactical breaks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...tspur-power-game-premier-league-title-arsenal
Defending isn't about tackling, it combined with shape, pressing, closing and changing angles so you make the opposition go where you want them to.

Against City Eriksen did this excellently, as well as getting his toe on things to break down/slow down city attacking

He has a technic of stealing the ball rather than 'traditional' tackling, i personally think he is quite good at it.

eriksen.jpg

He has a technic of stealing the ball rather than 'traditional' tackling, i personally think he is quite good at it.
Absolutely. TBF I've made that very point myself to those who say he's a pussy in the tackle. More than one way to skin a cat and all that.

Reactions: DTA

South American commentating is just beyond ridiculous. That stupid "gooool" cheer is supposed to be so engaging or whatever, yet you get tired of it after having heard it once. I lived in Buenos Aires for half a year and was following Spurs from there, had to mute the TV every time someone scored, just couldn't stand that ridiculous pointless "goooool"-bonanza. It kind of loses all its meaning when they do it every goddamn time.

Back