• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

According to one website...

Christian Eriksen is close to agreeing a new £22.9million Tottenham contract...

The attacking midfielder is ready to commit to a deal that will lift his salary to £80,000-a-week and run until 2021. Eriksen’s current £60,000-a-week agreement has two-and-a-half years left but Spurs are keen to reward his status as one of the team’s most important players.

I think that would make him our highest paid player. If memory serves me correctly, our current highest are Lloris and Vertonghen on a little less than that. Presumably we can expect to see Kane and a couple of others offered something similar.

According to one website...

Christian Eriksen is close to agreeing a new £22.9million Tottenham contract...

The attacking midfielder is ready to commit to a deal that will lift his salary to £80,000-a-week and run until 2021. Eriksen’s current £60,000-a-week agreement has two-and-a-half years left but Spurs are keen to reward his status as one of the team’s most important players.

I do hope this is true, he is a class player and one of the first names on the team sheet for me and still only 23( just).

Well, assuming the quote can be believed, The Daily Express claims that Eriksen himself stated (in an interview with Danish TV)...

"We are talking [about a contract], so it is coming, yes. Well, it looks positive."

Sounds good. Both that there are talks, but him being hopeful about seeing the talks ending up with a contract.

If the rumours about a £80k p/w 5 year deal are accurate I think it would be a great deal for the club. Probably would include significant bonuses for CL participation and such so could end being significantly more if we succeed, but this would make him our highest paid player and we're competing with teams that pay their squad players that much. Apart from Leicester of course...

Yeah would love that. I still do not think we have seen everything he is capable of yet.
I'm with you on this. I think he has a few more levels to go up.

His form seems to have turned a corner there around Christmas. Lets hope he keeps it up for the next few months.

Still not sure why Eriksen's freekicks have become shyte this season. He again hit the defensive wall during his freekicks against Watford. Wonder if he is being affected due to high level of expectations on his freekicks.

Still not sure why Eriksen's freekicks have become shyte this season. He again hit the defensive wall during his freekicks against Watford. Wonder if he is being affected due to high level of expectations on his freekicks.

Normal variance in free kicks. Didn't Ronaldo go a year without scoring from a fee kick?

Normal variance in free kicks. Didn't Ronaldo go a year without scoring from a fee kick?

Even the (supposedly) greatest free kick taker in the world doesn't score more than about 5 every season on average.

This graphic was produced towards the end of last season:

free-kick-whoscored-football_3290309.jpg

Well done Eriksen. He was off the pace in the first half, but was better in the second and deserved his goal.

He's not there yet, but I think Eriksen is looking much more urgent, quicker and confident now than earlier this season. And he's starting to score again.

I've said it before, an in form Eriksen could be decisive for us in the run in - he's so important to us when he's playing well.

Back