• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I think Eriksen is deceptively quick - much faster than people give him credit for, especially over short distances (but over longer distances too))

Loved this last night. Eriksen still running when we are 2-0 up at 88 minutes, bullying his opponent off the ball.

Yeah, had the luxury of seeing this game re-broadcast and was totally tickled to see him work so hard off the ball, and not just in this particularly wonderful instance.

Best part of that clip is the backheel. He instinctively knows Walker can pick up the loose ball and stroll off with it unimpeded. Now THAT is Thinking Through The Possibilities.

Lord Pochettino is yet to call for my input (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk), so I'm guessing he's picked up on it too.

I was thinking the same thing watching him last night, has he got quicker?

I think he's always been deceptively quick - or at least I've thought that for a long while - but it could be that he's got a little extra pace under Poch's regime, who knows.

I think he's always been deceptively quick - or at least I've thought that for a long while - but it could be that he's got a little extra pace under Poch's regime, who knows.

don't think you can make a player significantly quicker, but you can work on the explosiveness/first reaction speed, Eriksen is one of a few in the club I feel has improved that (kudos to Poch) and as such, seems/appears quicker.

Most chances created in 2016:

Christian Eriksen: 28
Mesut Ozil: 18
Kevin De Bruyne: 15
David Silva: 15

I guess that move back into a more central area has really paid off for us.

Also makes the absence of De Bruyne more obvious for Emirates Marketing Project.

He is underrated (by Spurs fans even). Probably because he hasn't been scoring. But he is fundamental to us, and has been for sometime. That's not to say he can't improve. He will be 24 soon, which is still very young.

He is underrated (by Spurs fans even). Probably because he hasn't been scoring. But he is fundamental to us, and has been for sometime. That's not to say he can't improve. He will be 24 soon, which is still very young.

Would agree, he is class and one of our best players ( imo).

Reactions: DTA
Alli looks comfortable on the left too... More so than anyone else IMO

If it means we can get Eriksen playing to his ability and Alli flying still, with son on the right we have a genuine creative and goal threat behind Kane as well as able cover in Lamella

been some chatter about a new contract...hoping to see a pic of him and poch soon...both looking suave sitting at a table with the three year extension signed.

According to one website...

Christian Eriksen is close to agreeing a new £22.9million Tottenham contract...

The attacking midfielder is ready to commit to a deal that will lift his salary to £80,000-a-week and run until 2021. Eriksen’s current £60,000-a-week agreement has two-and-a-half years left but Spurs are keen to reward his status as one of the team’s most important players.

Back