• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

i feel that eriksen is just being crowded out by the attributes that alli, dembele, and lamela and dier bring to the midfield this season.

in other words, mason, chadli and bentaleb just didn't do that much last season, so eriksen could take centrestage.

Bar a few misplaced passes, which happens to everyone , I thought he was excellent yesterday. Certainly the best of the trio behind Kane IMO

Bar a few misplaced passes, which happens to everyone , I thought he was excellent yesterday. Certainly the best of the trip behind Kane IMO

I thought he had an awful first half but did the key thing in scoring. He misplaced plenty and waited for the ball to bounce a few times.

Erisken thrives on pass and Move quick football and when we do that he looks the player that we all know he can be. When we play static slow football he doesnt get the movement needed for him to excel

i feel that eriksen is just being crowded out by the attributes that alli, dembele, and lamela and dier bring to the midfield this season.

in other words, mason, chadli and bentaleb just didn't do that much last season, so eriksen could take centrestage.

I think you've hit the tickle my balls with a feather there.

Lamela likes to come inside on his left bringing a defender with him. Dembele and Alli are both central players who burst from midfield/come inside when playing on the left.
It's up to Eriksen to make his own space but he is our best attacking player

I think natural fluctuations in form and the normal variance of goal scoring from someone not playing as a striker is a more likely explanation.

Thanks Robbo, that is interesting.

You can tell he is a fairly passive, non-alpha male, slightly pensive, a thinker rather than aggressive.

On the hattrick issue someone just raised, he says:
Eriksen was chasing a hat-trick when Spurs won a penalty on Saturday, but Harry Kane took the spot-kick instead and completed the scoring.
“I did think about it but I think Harry really wanted it and for him, as a striker, I get the need to score goals,” said Eriksen. “For me, if it’s two goals or a hat-trick it doesn’t really matter. I’ve still never had a hat-trick, I’ll do it on a special day.”

I found this interesting
“At the moment, against us, every team is just waiting and playing a long ball and fighting for it so of course we need to do better and need to be able to play against teams that only play long balls.

“It’s difficult to train [and practise that] really when you have so many games so close to each other. Of course we did look before the Leicester games at how they played. We didn’t really have time to do it before Sunderland but it’s a bit of the same – not as good as Leicester does it, but again we know what to expect on Wednesday for example [in the FA Cup replay against Leicester].

And this
I’ll play left. If the ball is on the right I’ll play right, or in the middle. “For me it really doesn’t matter what position [I play in]. Of course I prefer to be where something happens and that’s normally where the ball is.”

Asked to reflect on his season so far, Eriksen said: “Ups and downs. There have been some games that have been alright and some games have been pretty poor – a lot of mistakes, and again on Saturday. There were a few stupid mistakes in the first half where there was no need for it. Luckily I got the goal and afterwards I felt confident to do what I’m normally used to.

I think natural fluctuations in form and the normal variance of goal scoring from someone not playing as a striker is a more likely explanation.
it doesn't have to be exclusive. eriksen could be suffering some loss of form, and it could be compounded by having other players crowding him out.

One thing we can all agree on, is that Poch has the players believing in each other and him. Thus they show great strength and fortitude to fight their way through whatever is thrown at them. Good for Eriksen, he seems determined to keep digging his way to top form, and in fairness, if he were to hit that in late March/early April it would be epic.

Haven't seen anyone comment yet, but I thought he was very influential yesterday. His movement all around the pitch and passing were good and he looked far more involved than in previous matches. Perhaps a return to his favoured #10 position was good for him.

He and Carroll combined well all night.

Yeah, he had a good game alright. I felt he'd lost a bit of form this season. I've heard the argument that it's more about the players around him being better, so he doesn't stand out as much; but in truth I just think his level dropped 5 or 10% this season.

It happens to most good players periodically. I fully expected him to recover and continue to improve. And of course, last season that kind of slump wouldn't have put his position under threat. A 90% Eriksen was still a better option than a 100% Paulinho. Over the past few weeks though, I've been leaning towards giving Son a run ahead of Eriksen.

Now though... that suddenly seems like a counter-productive thing to do just when Eriksen might be recovering some of his form (his last two performances have been quality). A good dilemma for the team.

Haven't seen anyone comment yet, but I thought he was very influential yesterday. His movement all around the pitch and passing were good and he looked far more involved than in previous matches. Perhaps a return to his favoured #10 position was good for him.

He and Carroll combined well all night.

I agree

An in form Eriksen would be massive for us. Could be the difference between fifth and third, or even better league positions.

Great too see him play well again, maybe it was his two goals last weekend that gave him a confidence boost?

Great too see him play well again, maybe it was his two goals last weekend that gave him a confidence boost?
Yes it was, he said he had been playing with a slight lack of confidence but the goals gave him his confidence back (or words to that effect)

Bumping this thread because Eriksen got 2 against Sunderland, was praised (above) for his Leicester performance, and yesterday he had some key moments that didn't quite come off so could be forgotten.

He flicked a lovely pass over the top for Alli, but the defender tracked it.
He crossed deep from the right to Rose who was 6 yards out but the keeper caught it.
He shot beautifully at the top corner, it just dipped afterwards, keeper nowhere.
His cushioned header to Alli for THAT GOAL was very clever and typical of him.
Probably some other stuff... just thought I would mention it, as he was being criticised for being a bit lightweight in general and around their goal (which was more Verts' mistake)

Bumping this thread because Eriksen got 2 against Sunderland, was praised (above) for his Leicester performance, and yesterday he had some key moments that didn't quite come off so could be forgotten.

He flicked a lovely pass over the top for Alli, but the defender tracked it.
He crossed deep from the right to Rose who was 6 yards out but the keeper caught it.
He shot beautifully at the top corner, it just dipped afterwards, keeper nowhere.
His cushioned header to Alli for THAT GOAL was very clever and typical of him.
Probably some other stuff... just thought I would mention it, as he was being criticised for being a bit lightweight in general and around their goal (which was more Verts' mistake)

It was 100% Verts mistake but Eriksen is a "defensive" spacegoat to suit some people. That was a 3 yard pass laid onto him which should simply have been cleared.

Erisken showed loads of variety yesterday which is something we all know he has in his locker and he is stepping up a lot now.

He's been returning to form the last few and has been crucial to our good results, but he still has to take SOME of the blame for the goal. If that had been chadli then there would be lynch mobs.

Back