• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He doesn't dominate matches in the same way as a Willian does or some of the really good midfielders. He is effective when on song, but not brilliant.

He doesn't dominate matches in the same way as a Willian does or some of the really good midfielders. He is effective when on song, but not brilliant.

Willian didn't stand out last year did he when they were doing well??

He stands out this year as they have been poor and he has worked hard.

After the success Carroll has had alongside Dier, does anyone else think that Eriksen could do the same job? I have this idea in my mind that with the movement of Alli, Lamela, Kane and Son up ahead, Eriksen could really find a lot of space and dictate things for us back there. The problem being that defensively he might struggle, but then again Carroll does at times to so it might not be such a big deal.

After the success Carroll has had alongside Dier, does anyone else think that Eriksen could do the same job? I have this idea in my mind that with the movement of Alli, Lamela, Kane and Son up ahead, Eriksen could really find a lot of space and dictate things for us back there. The problem being that defensively he might struggle, but then again Carroll does at times to so it might not be such a big deal.

I always saw him as that player but clearly no manager has so far
He has the brains and with the brawn alongside him who knows.
He also has the fitness for the hard miles and also makes more interceptions than his peers so maybe

We seem to be playing with more of a direct presence at #10 these days which is Alli and on occasion Son. Dropping the creator into a deeper role like we had with Modric tucked deep in behind van der Vaart is a good comparison. VdV was so clever at finding space that the defenders and midfield had to keep an eye on him and that coupled with Modric's natural ability to pick out those beautiful passes allowed us to play some lovely football. For me Eriksen can hit those passes.

This couple with Lamela, who is more of a creator, would probably leave the person on the left flank needing to be more of a goal scorer. Something which Son, Chadli and N'jie can do.

We seem to be playing with more of a direct presence at #10 these days which is Alli and on occasion Son. Dropping the creator into a deeper role like we had with Modric tucked deep in behind van der Vaart is a good comparison. VdV was so clever at finding space that the defenders and midfield had to keep an eye on him and that coupled with Modric's natural ability to pick out those beautiful passes allowed us to play some lovely football. For me Eriksen can hit those passes.

This couple with Lamela, who is more of a creator, would probably leave the person on the left flank needing to be more of a goal scorer. Something which Son, Chadli and N'jie can do.

I agree with that hence why I'm such a big advocate of playing eriksen. It's easy for people to highlight the perceived negatives and miss the positives

If we had lamella, Alli and eriksen getting booked at the rate the first two are we would need a lot more players. If Alli or lamella wins the ball we need someone to receive it and that has been eriksen a lot

I would add though that I'd like to see Son get a few more starts but it's hard when your playing well

Not sure what has happened with Eriksen's great freekicks. Nowadays he can't even lift the ball over the defensive wall anymore. Pochettino should force him to practice freekicks continuously until he can score again !

Most of our good play yesterday was instigated by eriksen. The quick passing and one touch stuff in the first half was from eriksen and Carroll keeping the ball moving and switching it around

We lost ground and possession when he went off.

He also spent a big chunk of the first half swapped with Carroll.

I thought lamella was great but eriksen was good too. Alli wasn't great unfortunately

Poch should drop him for not being upto the standard. Stick Song on 1 of the wings.

Son hasn't exactly been excellent either when given the chance. Close between him and Eriksen at the moment for me. Either decision is fine as far as I can tell. Though with the Sunderland game coming quickly and Eriksen starting against Leicester in the cup this might be the time to give him a game on the bench.

Son hasn't exactly been excellent either when given the chance. Close between him and Eriksen at the moment for me. Either decision is fine as far as I can tell. Though with the Sunderland game coming quickly and Eriksen starting against Leicester in the cup this might be the time to give him a game on the bench.

We need more goalscorers in the team at the moment. With Carroll, Eriksen and Lamella all playing, we have a surfeit of "creatives" and not enough goal power IMO. Son needs a run of games alongside Kane instead of one of these.

We need more goalscorers in the team at the moment. With Carroll, Eriksen and Lamella all playing, we have a surfeit of "creatives" and not enough goal power IMO. Son needs a run of games alongside Kane instead of one of these.

How many goals are you excepting from the player in Carroll's role? (The one Mason, Dembele and Alli have played previously this season). The only player looking a real goal threat from that position has been Alli imo. But that came at a defensive cost. I'm not sure it's fair to expect a lot of goals from that role.

Eriksen is potentially a 10-15 goals a season player. I think Lamela can be too. With Alli and Kane we have a front 4 with a ton of potential in terms of goal scoring. Though we're missing a bit of form from Eriksen, and Lamela is yet to step it up in terms of Pl goal scoring.

How many goals are you excepting from the player in Carroll's role? (The one Mason, Dembele and Alli have played previously this season). The only player looking a real goal threat from that position has been Alli imo. But that came at a defensive cost. I'm not sure it's fair to expect a lot of goals from that role.

Eriksen is potentially a 10-15 goals a season player. I think Lamela can be too. With Alli and Kane we have a front 4 with a ton of potential in terms of goal scoring. Though we're missing a bit of form from Eriksen, and Lamela is yet to step it up in terms of Pl goal scoring.

Frankly, I don't think we have enough goalscorers in the team. Kane obviously yes, and Alli is likely to make a significant contribution, but Lamela and Eriksen have both failed to step up this season. I think Son is much more likely to be a 10-15 goal a season man given a run in the side instead of either Eriksen and definitely more likely than Lamela. Lamela has been given two and a half seasons to settle and while his performances have improved, he isn't a patch on the early form we saw from Son as a potential goalscorer.

Frankly, I don't think we have enough goalscorers in the team. Kane obviously yes, and Alli is likely to make a significant contribution, but Lamela and Eriksen have both failed to step up this season. I think Son is much more likely to be a 10-15 goal a season man given a run in the side instead of either Eriksen and definitely more likely than Lamela. Lamela has been given two and a half seasons to settle and while his performances have improved, he isn't a patch on the early form we saw from Son as a potential goalscorer.

Completely agree with you. Lamela is playing better and works hard. But he is not the player we thought we had signed or really what we needed. Our Three behind the main main have to get in or around 12 goals a season ish. Lamela never looks like he can slot you the winner against a good team. He really seems to snatch at chances. Eriksen has gone seriously off the boil goals wise. He may well still be contributing to overall team pattern play but he needs to do way way more.

All is still learning the game and now we are relying on him to get goals other than Kane. I was hoping to see Son start last night, in place of Eriksen or Lameal. We simply need more threat for goals, and he looks like he can get them.

The lack of goals is an interesting one as I was told we had more goal scorers than any side but if also argue that we don't have enough scoring...

Alli is making up the numbers now but we need that but more form the other 2 alongside him to support Kane goal wise

I'd like son to be given a chance and I still think than alli playing midfield instead of Carroll when Mousa was out would have been good IMO but we still got some results

Despite this lack of goals and goal scorers, we have somehow scored 34 goals. Just 5 fewer than top scorers City.

Our problem is we don't kill teams off when we are on top. You have to be ruthless, 1 goal leads are never safe. More often than not, you get 2nd or 3rd goal and the opposition's heads drop.

Back