• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I already posted some of those stats. Didn't look like anyone cared or thought they meant anything. People aren't interested in evidence that contradicts their views.

Sorry, didn't see that you had posted it!

I found myself a little surprised at the stats, because I also thought Eriksen has had a sub par season by his standards. Shows how much I know, I guess. Probably has something to do with his lack of goals.

That said, I still think he looks a bit rusty on the ball, but not at all as catastrophically poor as someone makes him out to be this season.

Weak link in terms of end product? Perhaps...

But he's still working hard, he's still looking useful on the ball. Played several very nice passes against Everton for example... No one has really managed to stake a claim for his place in the team with both Chadli and Son looking a bit average recently when given the chance (Son's goal against Watford obviously the exception).

Another way to get his spark back is to play though this little drop in form. People were wishing for a striker to play instead of Kane when he wasn't scoring earlier this season, people were wishing for Lamela to be sold when he wasn't on form. Both were given more game time instead of less and both have found their form.

You keep defending Eriksen and yet say Son is "a bit average recently". The key difference is that Eriksen has played most of every game yet Son is given bit parts at the end of games.

While I accept Son has not been as good as before his injury, if you look at respective Key Contributions per minutes on the park, I think you will find Son has been extremely effective and deserves a run in the side to find his form just as much.

If he had scored a couple of more goals, there would not have been any noise. His overall play is on par with last season, it just that he hasn't scored as many goals this season, and that alerts the haters.

If he had scored a couple of more goals, there would not have been any noise. His overall play is on par with last season, it just that he hasn't scored as many goals this season, and that alerts the haters.

Who is hating Eriksen? Certainly not me. He was (and is) one of my favourite Spurs players. I am just concerned about him this season. He doesnt look happy and his game at the moment is like one that is sadly distracted. As I keep saying, if he gets his sh!t together, it could make all the difference from us having a good season and a great one.

Who is hating Eriksen? Certainly not me. He was (and is) one of my favourite Spurs players. I am just concerned about him this season. He doesnt look happy and his game at the moment is like one that is sadly distracted. As I keep saying, if he gets his sh!t together, it could make all the difference from us having a good season and a great one.
Is one the cause of the other? What I mean is, is his demeanour just really a result of his poor end product this season compared to last? It might be nothing more than that or at least I hope so.

When you look at the players in our squad, Eriksen is one of those who should be doing better given his raw natural ability. Don't get me wrong, I think he is an absolutely fantastic player and is (still) worth his place in the starting lineup but I honestly think there is so much more to come from him. He is falling a little short of where his natural ability dictates he should be IMO. He does so much really good stuff, but then there is quite a lot that nearly comes off but doesn't quite make it. I often find myself thinking that 'Silva would have made that pass' or 'Fabregas would have made that assist'. I know this is not entirely fair and I'm setting a very high bar for him by comparing him to those players but I certainly think he has the ability to be spoken of in those circles. At the moment he is falling short but not by much. It is tantilisingly just in reach.

If it clicks for him, as we all hope it will, we'll win the league. There I said it.

If it clicks for him, as we all hope it will, we'll win the league. There I said it.
Steady! I get what your saying but several other key players will also need to stay fit and continue their good form, not least Harry Kane.

And a bit of lady luck (remember Lasagne-gate, Cheatski's CL win, Gooner's incredible run-in).

Steady! I get what your saying but several other key players will also need to stay fit and continue their good form, not least Harry Kane.

And a bit of lady luck (remember Lasagne-gate, Cheatski's CL win, Gooner's incredible run-in).
Ha. I was a bit drunk when I posted that but yes all those caveats apply. A gooner implosion around March would go down well.

I still think people are forgetting Delli Alli now playing at 10 rather than Christian. It's not a like for like comparing last season to this as Alli has steppe into his shoes

We won't have everyone scoring all the time but if Alli and Kane are with the odd goal from others

It's the same as what eriksen did last year with Kane

I agree eriksen looks like his performances aren't as good but we look better as a team and maybe the whole team has stepped up so eriksen isn't the highlight anymore

Could it be that his role in the team has changed slightly? He isn't as penetrating because he is slightly deeper and with half an eye on defence. Reminds me of Lamella last year, he couldn't get forward properly because he was tracking back, is eriksen now being told to cover for alli with his lack of experience?

Erickson is part of the machine and keep the ball moving well. He is no longer the only focal point as last season, so he tends not to be noticeable.

For me he is wasted tracking back, but 'everybody' tracks back so he 'tows the line' and does his best.

Could it be that his role in the team has changed slightly? He isn't as penetrating because he is slightly deeper and with half an eye on defence. Reminds me of Lamella last year, he couldn't get forward properly because he was tracking back, is eriksen now being told to cover for alli with his lack of experience?
What are his running stats like this season

Erickson is part of the machine and keep the ball moving well. He is no longer the only focal point as last season, so he tends not to be noticeable.

For me he is wasted tracking back, but 'everybody' tracks back so he 'tows the line' and does his best.

No i dont agree at all. Hes not as noticeable because hes not playing as well and isnt scoring any goals. Also his corners and free kicks have been fudging awful this season, last season they were great.
Im surprised how much his bad form is being downplayed on here, if it was the Eriksen of last season we would have at least 6-8 points more than we currently do.

No i dont agree at all. Hes not as noticeable because hes not playing as well and isnt scoring any goals. Also his corners and free kicks have been fudgeing awful this season, last season they were great.
Im surprised how much his bad form is being downplayed on here, if it was the Eriksen of last season we would have at least 6-8 points more than we currently do.

Again his stats day he opposite

He still ha she highest amount of assists for us

Has scored a few free kicks iirc

And has assisted form corners

I think the problem is the extremes he can go to

From very good like Toby's header against City to the other 8 that don't beat the first man

Also would Alli have the goals and assists that he has if eriksen was playing the same game/position/role that he did last year... I don't think so and would love to see a counter argument

Christian Eriksen enjoying his time at Tottenham – but admits English football is ruining his social life

The Danish midfielder says he can handle the pressure, but admits things have been tricky for his girlfriend

Christian Eriksen is so smitten with Spurs that his girlfriend is having to play gooseberry.

The Danish attacking midfielder has been in such scintillating form as Mauricio Pochettino’s men have pushed themselves towards the top of the Premier League that Barcelona are now on high alert.

But Eriksen is putting so much of his heart into Tottenham that he admits he struggles to find the time to go out with partner Sabrina Kvist Jensen.

He said: “I see so many players arrive in the Premier League with big ambitions, but this is the toughest competition in the world.

“You have to learn how to cope physically and mentally, but I can handle the pressure and the demands because I live seven days a week for my job.

“That is very tough for my girlfriend. Of course I would like to go out in the city with her and friends, but it just doesn’t fit in with playing in England.

“Every three or four days I have to perform at the highest level and I have big ambitions and dreams to be a success here.”

Eriksen added: “People think professional players have an easy job, that we train for two hours and then go home.

“It does not work like that. To gear yourself up for the next match, you need to rest, sleep, eat really well, and look after your body.

“Some players need a sports psychologist, but I don’t because I do everything by myself.

“I was a young boy when I signed for Ajax and I lived on my own in Amsterdam, so I can handle a lot on my own.

“I have my dreams, but I keep them to myself, although of course I am always curious to know what the future holds.

“But life at Spurs is fantastic. I love it here.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-enjoying-time-tottenham-7147071

I hadn't realised that his 2 goals against Swansea are his only goals in the EPL this season. So I see why people are questioning him. But for me his general play had been fine but without the end product. As the team is doing well and he is part of that I'm not too concerned.

Overall this season he has 3 goals in 22 games, so a 'regression to mean' means he's due a stonking 2nd half to the season!

Back