• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I hadn't realised that his 2 goals against Swansea are his only goals in the EPL this season. So I see why people are questioning him. But for me his general play had been fine but without the end product. As the team is doing well and he is part of that I'm not too concerned.

Overall this season he has 3 goals in 22 games, so a 'regression to mean' means he's due a stonking 2nd half to the season!
he seems to be having a more subdued season, but that's got to do with how he was quickly an instant hit when he arrived. he is young so its potential and progress that people are looking out for, that said judging him at the end of NEXT season would be more realistic to give the player room to "consolidate" and to take off in another trajectory.

Christian Eriksen enjoying his time at Tottenham – but admits English football is ruining his social life

The Danish midfielder says he can handle the pressure, but admits things have been tricky for his girlfriend

Christian Eriksen is so smitten with Spurs that his girlfriend is having to play gooseberry.

The Danish attacking midfielder has been in such scintillating form as Mauricio Pochettino’s men have pushed themselves towards the top of the Premier League that Barcelona are now on high alert.

But Eriksen is putting so much of his heart into Tottenham that he admits he struggles to find the time to go out with partner Sabrina Kvist Jensen.

He said: “I see so many players arrive in the Premier League with big ambitions, but this is the toughest competition in the world.

“You have to learn how to cope physically and mentally, but I can handle the pressure and the demands because I live seven days a week for my job.

“That is very tough for my girlfriend. Of course I would like to go out in the city with her and friends, but it just doesn’t fit in with playing in England.

“Every three or four days I have to perform at the highest level and I have big ambitions and dreams to be a success here.”

Eriksen added: “People think professional players have an easy job, that we train for two hours and then go home.

“It does not work like that. To gear yourself up for the next match, you need to rest, sleep, eat really well, and look after your body.

“Some players need a sports psychologist, but I don’t because I do everything by myself.

“I was a young boy when I signed for Ajax and I lived on my own in Amsterdam, so I can handle a lot on my own.

“I have my dreams, but I keep them to myself, although of course I am always curious to know what the future holds.

“But life at Spurs is fantastic. I love it here.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-enjoying-time-tottenham-7147071

And there we have the answer to Eriksens form. A nagging girlfriend! I just knew something was holding him back. Mystery solved!!!

I hadn't realised that his 2 goals against Swansea are his only goals in the EPL this season. So I see why people are questioning him. But for me his general play had been fine but without the end product. As the team is doing well and he is part of that I'm not too concerned.

Overall this season he has 3 goals in 22 games, so a 'regression to mean' means he's due a stonking 2nd half to the season!

I hope so because if he does and the rest of the team stays playing pretty much the same we can win the title. Things arnt so simple though are they.

And there we have the answer to Eriksens form. A nagging girlfriend! I just knew something was holding him back. Mystery solved!!!

Not sure why Eriksen cannot enjoy day out with his girl friend when others like Lamela can. I do get the feeling that Eriksen is physically and mentally tired after being in top league football since young. Afterall, he has played 5 years for Ajax before joining us and is a veteran in football despite being only 23.

Decent game today, was surprised he & Carroll in midfield worked, quite dominant in first half.

Good to see him score, he hustled back a bit, actually outmuscled a Leicester player.

Anyone got a pic of his missus?

Christian-Eriksen-WAG.jpg

78e66228-95e0-4be0-a4ec-669abcdc0379.jpg

Apparently a hairdresser by profession.

Decent game today, was surprised he & Carroll in midfield worked, quite dominant in first half.

Good to see him score, he hustled back a bit, actually outmuscled a Leicester player.

You and I must have been watching a very different game then!! Sat in Row 1 of East Upper, from there he looked his usual self…a few nice touches but didn't want to put his foot into anything remotely 50-50. Infact, there were times the tackle was in his favour until he backed down at last minute then pulled out. He was infuriating me. I've had this debate before on here and whilst i'm cert no Eriksen hater, I can't understand how people can defend his shocking inability to get stuck in on the basis of "he's not a tackling midfielder"!!!?? WTF?!? Tackling in one of the fundamentals of the game. It might not be his forte but at the moment he doesn't even bother to try!!!

And as for his corner taking…….!!?? Jeez how can a guy who can strike a dead ball so well fail so many times to beat the first man from a corner.

I thought after his early goal (which was typically well-taken, granted), he was going to push on and really run that game. But it escaped him and he lost his way for me.

Let's end on this note...With who else we have in the midfield, assuming full fitness, I actually wouldn't be that upset anymore to see him left out for a few games in favour of the likes of Alli, Lamela, Dembele etc. That's how far his performances have fallen for me!

While watching other ties this weekend, it struck me how good corners can be taken by those in the lower leagues.

One chap (maybe Exeter) caused big problems with every one. That was the only other live tie I watched, so if someone impressed me in BBC highlights they must have been quite something.

Should CE stick to free kicks and leave someone else to do corners?. A case of different strokes, perhaps ?.

While watching other ties this weekend, it struck me how good corners can be taken by those in the lower leagues.

One chap (maybe Exeter) caused big problems with every one. That was the only other live tie I watched, so if someone impressed me in BBC highlights they must have been quite something.

Should CE stick to free kicks and leave someone else to do corners?. A case of different strokes, perhaps ?.
I thought Lamella was better at taking corners....

You and I must have been watching a very different game then!! Sat in Row 1 of East Upper, from there he looked his usual self…a few nice touches but didn't want to put his foot into anything remotely 50-50. Infact, there were times the tackle was in his favour until he backed down at last minute then pulled out. He was infuriating me. I've had this debate before on here and whilst i'm cert no Eriksen hater, I can't understand how people can defend his shocking inability to get stuck in on the basis of "he's not a tackling midfielder"!!!?? WTF?!? Tackling in one of the fundamentals of the game. It might not be his forte but at the moment he doesn't even bother to try!!!

And as for his corner taking…….!!?? Jeez how can a guy who can strike a dead ball so well fail so many times to beat the first man from a corner.

I thought after his early goal (which was typically well-taken, granted), he was going to push on and really run that game. But it escaped him and he lost his way for me.

Let's end on this note...With who else we have in the midfield, assuming full fitness, I actually wouldn't be that upset anymore to see him left out for a few games in favour of the likes of Alli, Lamela, Dembele etc. That's how far his performances have fallen for me!

What you see on tv and live can be different, as based on what you look for. My comments (and not looking to cause issue/provoke)

- Eriksen re corners, it's hit and miss, yesterday he put a few in that caused absolute chaos/panic, but we didn't have people attacking the ball. Specific to hitting the first man, it seems very annoying but remember the corners we do score from, a lot of them are from near post flick ons (all the way from Bale -> Dier/Toby), so perhaps that was what was being aimed for.
- Re his shocking inability to defend, lets agree to disagree, Eriksen does not defend bravely (not trying to go there), but he did run with his man yesterday and what most people miss is he intercepts quite a few balls, especially higher up pitch.
- Re him sitting out a few, two comments, I think he's not built to play every game of 50/60 game season, he probably could do with a rest. However, Alli & Lamela get a lot more forgiveness these days for off days and poor passes than Eriksen (as seen by your comments)

My view is the guy is extremely talented, his career challenge has always been consistency, he doesn't have a ready like for like replacement (Pritchard/Carroll closest, but neither anywhere near Eriksen's level at this point). Valuable part of the team, maybe not someone Poch would have bought, but not sure that's a bad thing.

How many goals have we scored from Eriksen corners this season quite a few isn't it?

I think it's just the type of ball that he puts in - when it's hit well we have an increased chance of getting a header on target, but it's a delivery which is easily miss hit

Nothing wrong with his perfomances really its that he is not scoring as often that has caused some fans to get on his back, his all round games is still good and it seems there are some who just have to find fault.

Although it's a bit off topic, why doesn't Trippier take the corners when he is playing? He's obviously got the best cross in the squad from open play (Dier also has a great one) and I would have thought this would have translated a little better.

Nothing wrong with his perfomances really its that he is not scoring as often that has caused some fans to get on his back, his all round games is still good and it seems there are some who just have to find fault.

No, it's just that his scoring overshadowed the faults in his overall game. He's not bad, he's just very average.

Back