• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

IMO, Eriksen is capable of playing much much better. He has all the quality to become a world class player. But if you look at his performances, it will seem like he is a bit lazy to force himself to do much better. Even the Denmark manager has come out and criticized Eriksen for his below par performances for Denmark. Pochettino too has replaced Eriksen so early in many matches. Players with the quality of Eriksen really should be the "untouchables" in any team.
I am a bit puzzled by your post.... Pochettino will often replace Eriksen in matches because his work rate is so high and it's nigh on impossible to maintain that over a full 90 minutes. He is anything but lazy.

I think he perhaps has the ability to impose himself on games more than he does currently, but that it just the difference between him being a very good player and an outstanding one, it is also something that will probably come as he gets even more experienced and confident in his ability.

Never thought I would say this... but at the moment, Eriksen seems to be the one at most risk to losing his place from the first choice eleven. Alli is providing more incisive passing and link up with Kane as the most advanced central midfielder and poses a much greater threat with superior mobility, physicality, and goal scoring potential. Not inconceivable to see Carroll being given a couple of games in his position; pity Pritchard got that injury as he would have been an interesting option...

He had a good game against Southampton.
Ultimately he doesn't suit Poch's gameplan because he's not built like a rugby player.
But you cant argue with the assists he's got this season - 6th highest assists per minute in the Premier League when everyone reckons he's out of form.

Agree with Modric's comment about, and I think he's the sort of player who you just don't notice but would notice if he wasn't there (is that makes sense?)

He still is important for us, but have to agree he could be the first losing his place in the starting 11.
Drifting out of matches all the time nowadays unfortunately.

As long as he gets a good number of goals and assists and works hard defensively, then we're fine with him. I don't think he has to be a player who runs the game, just one that makes an impact on it with some moments of quality.

He had a good game against Southampton.
Ultimately he doesn't suit Poch's gameplan because he's not built like a rugby player.
But you cant argue with the assists he's got this season - 6th highest assists per minute in the Premier League when everyone reckons he's out of form.

Lamela, Alli, Rose?

I agree with your overall point though, even though I think he needs to 'up' his game...

IMO, Eriksen is capable of playing much much better. He has all the quality to become a world class player. But if you look at his performances, it will seem like he is a bit lazy to force himself to do much better. Even the Denmark manager has come out and criticized Eriksen for his below par performances for Denmark. Pochettino too has replaced Eriksen so early in many matches. Players with the quality of Eriksen really should be the "untouchables" in any team.

Yes Eriksen SEEMS to disappear at times, yes he makes mistakes and yes he can be brushed aside rather too easily.

But try watching him more closely, you might be in for a surprise. Might open your eyes, the number of intiticrate and intelligent passes he makes, the number of subtle touches he produces, the number of shots he gets on target or close, and more recently - since Lamela has threatened to take over from him that is - the number of excellent corners he's been putting over.

It's always easy to recall a player's less effective moments, less so the better ones - unless they end up producing a goal.

I think he just flies under the radar a bit - rather than being out of form. Watching games back/highlights often show him more involved than initial though in the moment...

I do wonder though, if he was at another club, whether he's the type of player we would target for the current setup...I'm not so sure we would

Never thought I would say this... but at the moment, Eriksen seems to be the one at most risk to losing his place from the first choice eleven. Alli is providing more incisive passing and link up with Kane as the most advanced central midfielder and poses a much greater threat with superior mobility, physicality, and goal scoring potential. Not inconceivable to see Carroll being given a couple of games in his position; pity Pritchard got that injury as he would have been an interesting option...

How prophetic was that????

I think he just flies under the radar a bit - rather than being out of form. Watching games back/highlights often show him more involved than initial though in the moment...

I do wonder though, if he was at another club, whether he's the type of player we would target for the current setup...I'm not so sure we would

I think expectations are swaying opinions quite a bit. I mean people have actually argued that he's similar to Modric.

I still think what he does well he primarily does near the box. Get him the ball in a bit of space in the final third and magic happens at a great frequency. But he needs that bit of service. Even when he was at his best last season I thought he drifted in and out of games. He wasn't dominating our possession game, he wasn't dictating play or coming deep. Lamela seems much more effective at that.

His game is very much built around chance creating and goal scoring. When he keeps getting assists and goals people will rate his performances, when he hits a bit of a dry spell him drifting in and out of games will be judged much more harshly it seems.

Bit out of form, as can expected. But nothing serious. For the first time in a long time we have enough competition for places where we can actually consider resting a player of his quality when only this slightly off form.

I really believe he is our best creative player, his problem is that he is not a flash player and a lot of his good work goes unnoticed by some fans ( hence the comments about him not being involved in the game). IMO he would always be in my best team.

Ridiculous to say his problem is that he is not flash, remind me, who in our first team is flash? The simple truth is compared to what he has done in the past he has been very average the best part of the last 2 months

Ridiculous to say his problem is that he is not flash, remind me, who in our first team is flash? The simple truth is compared to what he has done in the past he has been very average the best part of the last 2 months
Alli. Lamela. Which is two more than most teams have.

Alli. Lamela. Which is two more than most teams have.

Interesting, because you have just named 2 very hard working players whose major part of both of their game is their workrate and the way they battle, tackle and track back, which further supports my argument that it is ridiculous to suggest the problem with Eriksen is that he is not flash.

Back