• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

All of our attacking players are young, and lacking confidence at the moment, and injuries have disrupted Poch's work. Son, Mason, Bentaleb, Chadli all key players for us previously. Eriksen is part of that reality.

1. I would like to see us drag defences out of shape and create more space for him (teams know not to give him any room around the box). 2. For Eriksen to get more rotation to keep him fresher. Same for Kane.

Its a shame we didn't sign Dimitri Payet who's 28 and ripping it up. We could have done with one older player in there to bind the team.

Last edited:
Eriksen is the elephant in the room. Looked like a superstar last season but is he eriksen going backwards under poch? the only thing he seems to do better now is scoring from free kicks, which is down to the player's talent more than coaching. DISCUSS.

Yet another post which questions Poch, no surprise to see who made it.

yet another guy that defends poch, no surprise to see ..... just answer the point or ignore it, don't have to get personal

According to you Townsend and now Eriksen have gone backwards under Poch ( who will you mentioned next?) you are begining to sound like a broken record, sorry if you think that is being personal I would hate to hurt your feelings.

Eriksen is the elephant in the room. Looked like a superstar last season but is he eriksen going backwards under poch? the only thing he seems to do better now is scoring from free kicks, which is down to the player's talent more than coaching. DISCUSS.

Always looked like a player who needed to show up more in big games, always looked like a great talent developing further. No, he isn't going backwards at all, he's still moving forwards but we need to give him another 2 years to fully realize what he can be.I'd be far more interested to read why you think Poch's coaching might've impacted his development, given the fact that front three/four have license to switch off and rotate...

Always looked like a player who needed to show up more in big games, always looked like a great talent developing further. No, he isn't going backwards at all, he's still moving forwards but we need to give him another 2 years to fully realize what he can be.I'd be far more interested to read why you think Poch's coaching might've impacted his development, given the fact that front three/four have license to switch off and rotate...

Right on. Except my money is on that happening much sooner.

I seem to remember Modric having a bit of a nothing spell before suddenly blossoming under Harry.

According to you Townsend and now Eriksen have gone backwards under Poch ( who will you mentioned next?) you are begining to sound like a broken record, sorry if you think that is being personal I would hate to hurt your feelings.

Maybe i do sound like a broken record to you but its only because i persist with the idea that things arent as great with poch as they seem to be with the majority of posters on here. Ever consider that thd diversity of views could could even be refreshibg to others lol?

And why yes, accordi g to me its entirely posdible that coaches with strict footballing philospohies affect player development negatively. I am not so much for stylized philosophies as much as squeezing out the best from each and every player individually and the team.

Maybe i do sound like a broken record to you but its only because i persist with the idea that things arent as great with poch as they seem to be with the majority of posters on here. Ever consider that thd diversity of views could could even be refreshibg to others lol?

And why yes, accordi g to me its entirely posdible that coaches with strict footballing philospohies affect player development negatively. I am not so much for stylized philosophies as much as squeezing out the best from each and every player individually and the team.

...and it's also possible that those same type of coaches can also affect player development POSITIVELY.

Out of interest who do you believe (other than Eriksen, clearly) do you think has developed negatively under Poch? (list players still with us please)

Eriksen was noted on here for his pass completion stats and vision on top of free kicks, last season. To me it looks like we are undermining ourselves by crowding eriksen out of the game. Re: rotation - i think we have gone too far that we dont have a reliable structure or stability to execute drills, or in-gamr set pieces.

Maybe with time some understanding between players might prevail, however there is also a risk that it won't, with expected injuries and suspensions part of an epl and european campaign. And eriksens game will suffer as he struggles physically in tight situations, and gets no time to exercise his creative muscle.

Eriksen was noted on here for his pass completion stats and vision on top of free kicks, last season. To me it looks like we are undermining ourselves by crowding eriksen out of the game. Re: rotation - i think we have gone too far that we dont have a reliable structure or stability to execute drills, or in-gamr set pieces.

Maybe with time some understanding between players might prevail, however there is also a risk that it won't, with expected injuries and suspensions part of an epl and european campaign. And eriksens game will suffer as he struggles physically in tight situations, and gets no time to exercise his creative muscle.

I am astounded by these comments. Well, surprised perhaps ;-)...you think our rotation has gone too far? Reckons has largely operated with 3 of the same 4 every week. 'Execute drills' what do you mean? 'In-game set pieces?' Again, you'll have to explain further.

He hasn't played many games this season and has come back from an injury that interrupted his pre-season. He has also played his best football in a Spurs shirt under Poch. Given this, do you think that it is more likely that;

a) he is being ruined by a the coach,
b) he hasn't regained his peak form yet?

Eriksen has scored our last 3 goals in all competitions. It is good to see him getting back his goal scoring form after only scoring 1 goal in his previous 24 matches for us. Eriksen can really become a world class player if he really wants to. Despite being only 23, he is after all a veteran in football after playing for Ajax since 18. But for all his skills, he is a bit lazy and doesn't have the work rate like Dembele or even Lamela. He can be a top quality player if he can work hard more and step up his game in all the matches.

Eriksen has scored our last 3 goals in all competitions. It is good to see him getting back his goal scoring form after only scoring 1 goal in his previous 24 matches for us. Eriksen can really become a world class player if he really wants to. Despite being only 23, he is after all a veteran in football after playing for Ajax since 18. But for all his skills, he is a bit lazy and doesn't have the work rate like Dembele or even Lamela. He can be a top quality player if he can work hard more and step up his game in all the matches.

Staggering comment. He was third for distance covered in the whole of the Prem last season and has topped the distance-covered stats for Tottenham this. So if that makes him lazy, what the hell does it say for the rest of the squad, never mind the rest of the PL?

Staggering comment. He was third for distance covered in the whole of the Prem last season and has topped the distance-covered stats for Tottenham this. So if that makes him lazy, what the hell does it say for the rest of the squad, never mind the rest of the PL?

Usual silly not thought out comment ...

Last few games Eriksen starting to look like the player he was early last season, believe he has more assists already this season.

Good game from him today, he deserved a goal, the shot off the post was brilliant.

I think today's performance goes against your views. I'm sure you will agree that long may it continue!

In all seriousness, I think Eriksen will shine with an inform Lamela, Son, Alli and Kane playing. He was excellent today, and if he continues like this then he will be in for a big, big season.

IMO, Eriksen is capable of playing much much better. He has all the quality to become a world class player. But if you look at his performances, it will seem like he is a bit lazy to force himself to do much better. Even the Denmark manager has come out and criticized Eriksen for his below par performances for Denmark. Pochettino too has replaced Eriksen so early in many matches. Players with the quality of Eriksen really should be the "untouchables" in any team.

I think today's performance goes against your views. I'm sure you will agree that long may it continue!

In all seriousness, I think Eriksen will shine with an inform Lamela, Son, Alli and Kane playing. He was excellent today, and if he continues like this then he will be in for a big, big season.

but it was grandpa distain marking kane for that goal :)

in all seriousness it was a much better game from eriksen however i think it was because bournemouth gave us more time on the ball than usual - including that assist to Kane.

in all seriousness it was a much better game from eriksen however i think it was because bournemouth gave us more time on the ball than usual - including that assist to Kane.

You still have to create and take your chances and we did that

Eriksen is a classy classy player who would get into any team in the world if he put it in for the big games too

He makes it all look easy and he covers a hell of a lot of ground for his position

We're bloody lucky to have him and with Son to come back were looking sting for creativity again

Of course, Bournemouth were not the best of opposition, but as Bedford said, there is still a lot to do. At home, they have not lost this badly this season. Indeed Emirates Marketing Project are the only team to put 5 past them. I was a little bit worried after we went a goal down, but the team responded in exactly the way that we needed them to. They deserve their credit for that without the caveats, imho. ;)

We are far from a perfect team, but we are getting there by relying on youth. In 2-3 years time, just think how much experience this young group of players will have. We have to keep that sight in mind when we criticise performances from some very young players. Hazard is an example of a midfielder who is finding it tough now, and Eriksen's dip was no different. He's getting into form now and with the right options presenting themselves ahead of him, I am sure we will see more from him. Out of all of our players, it is only him and Lamela where I see the vision of picking out a pass.

Back