• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Aside from his free kicks yesterday he made a few fantastic passes that got us away on the break. He is a joy to watch sometimes.

My thoughts as well, I think a lot of fans think because he has been around a long time he is a lot older then he is. He is only 23 and has not reached his peak yet.

Really hope this is him getting back to last years form.
If Harry can come back from the England camp a bit more confident we will be flying.

I've been slagging him off the past few months and, although defensively he's still a bit light, if he continues playing like he did yesterday, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

He's a match winner, and we don't have a lot of those, hence he pretty much is nailed on as a first name on team sheet.

I was at the team training in Monaco and he was hitting the ball really well in shooting practice, hitting the corners time and time again.

I know it's just a crossbar challenge for fun but it does show quite how accurate young Eriksen is with a dead ball that he only missed when the ball was rolling, in stark contrast to those old gilts Rose and Mason!

I'm sure he'll start chipping in with some goals from open play once his match sharpness returns and believe that alongside the likes of Son, Lamela and Kane we have the makings of one heck of an attacking unit.

It was nice to see Eriksen getting back his goal scoring boot, albeit via free kicks ! After the first goal, he looked full of confidence like early last season. But too bad he couldn't score from open play.

We need to extend his contract. Has off days, but he can win points by himself. He gives another means of winning games, with free kicks or shots around the box. If we can develop our attacking play to stretch teams more, we should create more space for Eriksen to do damage.

Do you mean Fernandez their centre back?

Yeah.

I thought it at the time and on second viewing I'll say the same again. Eriksen presses Fernandez but after Fernandez releases the ball to their RB, Eriksen stops and doesn't track. Subsequently Fernandez is able to receive the ball back and pick out a pass to Ayew on halfway. Dier was already tracking the run of another midfielder dropping deep so he then moves over to try to cut out Fernandez' next pass.

Perhaps Davies is more at fault and should've moved infield with Ayew, but Eriksen did switch off earlier in the move.

Yeah.

I thought it at the time and on second viewing I'll say the same again. Eriksen presses Fernandez but after Fernandez releases the ball to their RB, Eriksen stops and doesn't track. Subsequently Fernandez is able to receive the ball back and pick out a pass to Ayew on halfway. Dier was already tracking the run of another midfielder dropping deep so he then moves over to try to cut out Fernandez' next pass.

Perhaps Davies is more at fault and should've moved infield with Ayew, but Eriksen did switch off earlier in the move.

Had another look also and now understand why Dier was too knackered to chase after Ayew (can just see Eric jogging into the box when the ball is being headed into the net) as he had dashed up the pitch to close down Shelvey, only to see Eriksen + Chadli allowing Fernandez + Rangel to pass the ball around them.

Alli is then left alone on the halfway line with Ayew + Siggy + Ki in a triangle around him.

Davies, as you say, probably should've pushed up to deny Ayew the time and space to turn and pick a pass (the only Swansea player within 20 yards of Davies was Gomis and he already had Vertonghen + Alderweireld for company) and is just as culpable as Eriksen imho.

Although still have to give Swansea credit for a very slick end-to-end attack.

Good reminder. With his thinning hair I keep thinking he is a lot older than the other kids in the team. Such potential in this group if they stay at Spurs.

Well his hair has been sorted out (wig not transplant) and he still looks older so it must be his face not the hair.

Eriksen is the elephant in the room. Looked like a superstar last season but is he eriksen going backwards under poch? the only thing he seems to do better now is scoring from free kicks, which is down to the player's talent more than coaching. DISCUSS.

Eriksen is the elephant in the room. Looked like a superstar last season but is he eriksen going backwards under poch? the only thing he seems to do better now is scoring from free kicks, which is down to the player's talent more than coaching. DISCUSS.

Has Eriksen ever been dominant for us in open play? To me his biggest conttibution has always been goals and assists. Impact in key moments in and around the box.

Iirc he had one of the best pass completion and possibly assists stats too..

Has his pass completion dropped then

I asked about him dominating... Do you disagree?

Assist numbers will fluctuate naturally over small and moderate sample sizes imo. Trying to draw conclusions based on Eriksen's recent numbers is to me comparable to doing so about Kane's recent goal drought.

To answer the question about pass completion. According to whoscored it was essentially unchanged at 82ish % from his first to his second season. A drop to 76% this season, but over a very small sample of 5 starts and 1 sub I really think that's non-significant.

Interestingly his number of passes increased from 44 to 52 passes from his first to his second season. Indicating that if anything he's more involved under Poch. Again a small drop to 48 this season, again I think the sample size makes it irrelevant. About the sample size his games this season have been against relatively tough opposition...

As was pointed out last season he didn't get enough assists. Him already matching his total of 2 league assists this season to me points towards normal variance rather than some systematic problem with Poch/Eriksen.

So there were moaners who said we were to reliant on one man (bale) to now moaners saying we aren't relying on one man enough! We are a team now, every pundit, from the sensible like Neville to the utter clams like merson are saying we are looking good and are turning into challengers. That won't be down to one man dominating, that down to a team.

So there were moaners who said we were to reliant on one man (bale) to now moaners saying we aren't relying on one man enough! We are a team now, every pundit, from the sensible like Neville to the utter clams like merson are saying we are looking good and are turning into challengers. That won't be down to one man dominating, that down to a team.

Nail on head glasgow.

Back