• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Oh FFS Christian, that freekick was hit so fast the ball disappeared on my screen.

Please kick it less hard next time, you idiot.

Thanks.

Another reminder today of why Eriksen must be the first outfield player on the team sheet. May have quiet spells, but he's so deadly and is our most "clutch" player to use an American sports term.

well we would have lost today without him...

especially with some of our players playing like burnt out spark plugs

I felt he was the catalyst for the first goal with him not picking up Fernandes. Aside from that though he grew into the game and started to own the midfield.

Looked more like his influential self.

Much, much better from Eriksen yesterday. To be fair, a good keeper probably would've saved both free kicks (at least the first one), but they went in which must've done wonders for his confidence. Thought his overall play improved after the first goal. Hopefully we'll see more of this, because when in form, he's absolutely vital to us.

The first one was saveable but the second wasn't as it was so quick and direct and the keeper was in a better position for that but didn't get near it

He has started hitting them like Ronaldo does with the contact on the top of the ball making it spin with power. That's a different style to how he used to hit them but with hiss accuracy that's a top weapon to have

Quite like what he has to say about taking freekicks.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/christian-on-his-free-kick-double-051015/

“When I went to the ball I saw he took a step (to his right) so I guessed for the second (far) post and I think it was almost in the middle of the goal when it went in, but he went so far behind the wall, luckily for me.

“The second one was a bit wider, a bit more difficult. If it’s going to the shorter corner it has to be really hard, hit with a lot of pace, so I went for the second post again and luckily enough it went in.

“I have my rituals and my way of knowing where the ball has to go. I know with the confidence I have that the ball can go well and if it hits the target then it’s either a save or a goal, so I’m going for it.”

I've been slagging him off the past few months and, although defensively he's still a bit light, if he continues playing like he did yesterday, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Honest of you to say that, I agree that he is a bit lightweight in the defense side of the game but for me what he adds to us In other areas is worth carrying that.

Back