• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I don't normally throw a knee jerk post out there after a defeat, but feck me Chrissy Eriksen you a such a bottle job!

I lost count of the tackles he pulled out of, 50-50s he didn't commit to. I saw several players throwing themselves into challenges, fighting for the cause, but he is such a pussy and at best puts a mere toe into a tackle. If he bothered to fight for the ball whole-heartedly he might start retaining possession and giving us half a chance of putting an attack together.

I thought Lamela was weak, but at least he sticks a foot in there. Eriksen? What a wet cnut!! Grrrr

You think Eriksen was the issue in that game mate?

Try Poch > Vorm > Fazio > ... list goes on, Eriksen might be 8 or 9 down

I don't normally throw a knee jerk post out there after a defeat, but feck me Chrissy Eriksen you a such a bottle job!

I lost count of the tackles he pulled out of, 50-50s he didn't commit to. I saw several players throwing themselves into challenges, fighting for the cause, but he is such a pussy and at best puts a mere toe into a tackle. If he bothered to fight for the ball whole-heartedly he might start retaining possession and giving us half a chance of putting an attack together.

I thought Lamela was weak, but at least he sticks a foot in there. Eriksen? What a wet cnut!! Grrrr

Get off it, man! If you want 11 Kevin Nolans out there, you'd better go support Bolton or something.
He is not an enforcer, he is a friggin' playmaker. Your argument is as stupid as complaining that a quarterback doesn't weigh as much as a lineback.

4mkhCoL.png

Get off it, man! If you want 11 Kevin Nolans out there, you'd better go support Bolton or something.
He is not an enforcer, he is a friggin' playmaker. Your argument is as stupid as complaining that a quarterback doesn't weigh as much as a lineback.

Sorry all, perhaps I was just expecting a little more bite from the man given it was the friggin' NLD!! So he managed 3 tackles, i'd be keen to see the nature of those challenges as, for me, I'd hazard a guess they were scrappy, toe-in ones with a bouncing ball from a Gooners dodgy touch.

And Jnr19 - of course I know he's not an damned enforcer! So in your book that should excuse him from putting a foot in with a bit of oomph right??!!! Your Qtrback comment is ridiculous...Flamini isn't a bloody goalscorer last time I checked yet he managed to dump us out last night! Roles in football are entirely different to the differing weight(s) of an American Footballer!!

Harry Kane's tackle on the far side of the pitch where he slid in fully committed, taking ball and man, was a prime example. You would not catch Eriksen doing that.

Danny Rose flying in at full speed to challenge Ospina was another. Eriksen I believe would duck out. (and yes i know Rose is a bloody defender but he was in an attacking position at the time)

For the record, I don't dislike Eriksen. He is still our most creative player. And every player has a dip in form. Perhaps the return from injury was on his mind. But i've noticed it before in his game, he just does not tackle well. I just believe if he got his foot stuck in a bit more we would get a lot more possession in key areas in the opponents third. Call it a "turnover" if the comparison to American Football helps you understand it.

Only reason we lost last night was we rightly rested key players at the back.
It was a good to fair game as it happens. It was a little 'NLD light' due to the amount of fixtures coming along for both sides. Poch should have rested Dier and Kane IMHO also but we have too many midfielders out.

Harry Kane's tackle on the far side of the pitch where he slid in fully committed, taking ball and man, was a prime example. You would not catch Eriksen doing that.

Danny Rose flying in at full speed to challenge Ospina was another. Eriksen I believe would duck out. (and yes i know Rose is a bloody defender but he was in an attacking position at the time)

For the record, I don't dislike Eriksen. He is still our most creative player. And every player has a dip in form. Perhaps the return from injury was on his mind. But i've noticed it before in his game, he just does not tackle well. I just believe if he got his foot stuck in a bit more we would get a lot more possession in key areas in the opponents third. Call it a "turnover" if the comparison to American Football helps you understand it.

Remember in todays game tackles lead to card and it's totally arbitrary why they are given. Kane could have easily been booked last night.

C'mon people, I'm not blaming the defeat on Eriksen. I think it was clear for all that the back 5 selection would've had Arsenal licking their lips (though we effectively kept Giroud quiet). Fazio and Vorm could've done better with the resulting two goals.

My beef was more a nagging gripe that Eriksen doesn't seem to put as much fight in as others. Getting some key goals masks this. He's not known for his tackling abilities, fine. But this shouldn't excuse him from going into to one with a bit more effort and bite!!

C'mon people, I'm not blaming the defeat on Eriksen. I think it was clear for all that the back 5 selection would've had Ar5ena1 licking their lips (though we effectively kept Giroud quiet). Fazio and Vorm could've done better with the resulting two goals.

My beef was more a nagging gripe that Eriksen doesn't seem to put as much fight in as others. Getting some key goals masks this. He's not known for his tackling abilities, fine. But this shouldn't excuse him from going into to one with a bit more effort and bite!!

I agree with you. Even before the injury, my only real complaint about Eriksen was that he regularly pulls out of tackles. Paulinho was the same but he didn't have the other attributes to make up for it.

C'mon people, I'm not blaming the defeat on Eriksen. I think it was clear for all that the back 5 selection would've had Ar5ena1 licking their lips (though we effectively kept Giroud quiet). Fazio and Vorm could've done better with the resulting two goals.

Eriksen uses the Mesut Ozil tackling methodology it's far too cerebral for us mere mortals to grasp ;)

I dont think him and Chadli can play in the same team as present. Both offer nothing other than the odd goal and we need more than that overall. Eriksen probably gets in the team ahead of Chadli on the basis that he works harder.

Kane
Eriksen - Lamela - Njie​

for me.

I dont think him and Chadli can play in the same team as present. Both offer nothing other than the odd goal and we need more than that overall. Eriksen probably gets in the team ahead of Chadli on the basis that he works harder.

Kane
Eriksen - Lamela - Njie​

for me.
No Son?

Back