• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Only 5.5 years contract though, I wonder whether that was a mistake and it should have been 15.5 ??

total-contract-years-remaining-of-epl-clubs-v0-l1q25nb5etjd1.jpeg

25 years ago or so, on Championship Manager 3, I had great fun on a save where I took over as Arsenal manager, bought loads of players and put them and the players already at the club on massive contracts. Then I mutually terminated all of them (the contracts, not the players) placing the club in huge debt and watched them slide down the divisions

I'm beginning to seriously think this is exactly what Todd Boehly is doing and if so I'm 100% behind him

I still don't understand how they will make money long term? Yeah you can buy young players with potential and sell them for profit when they reach their peak but about 15 of these signings will never get near the squad will they, So surely a whole bunch of players will leave for less than they were bought for??

Someone make it make sense...

PS. Please, PLEASE don't let him stumble upon a decent, settled first 11 and make the top 4!!

I still don't understand how they will make money long term? Yeah you can buy young players with potential and sell them for profit when they reach their peak but about 15 of these signings will never get near the squad will they, So surely a whole bunch of players will leave for less than they were bought for??

Someone make it make sense...

PS. Please, PLEASE don't let him stumble upon a decent, settled first 11 and make the top 4!!
Or the loyalty bonus payoffs to the players if they don't ask to leave for a lot of their 7+ year contracts will almost negate the fees they could get

Ipswich buying Broja is annoying. Good player but they seemed to have caved into having a loan with an obligation instead of an option for 30m if they stay up.

Just looking at two players that are not seemingly in the plans at Chelsea. Lukaku has about £30m book value to Chelsea and Sterling about the same. So both players would need someone to pay £30m for Chelsea to not to make a loss on them. Also their wages combine to about £25m for a season. If neither left the cost to chelsea for the year would be about £50m! For two players they don’t want or just shy of 10% of their revenues based on 22/23 season. Obviously I expect at least on to leave.
I think I’ve got my sums roughly correct from what I can see online.

Just looking at two players that are not seemingly in the plans at Chelsea. Lukaku has about £30m book value to Chelsea and Sterling about the same. So both players would need someone to pay £30m for Chelsea to not to make a loss on them. Also their wages combine to about £25m for a season. If neither left the cost to chelsea for the year would be about £50m! For two players they don’t want or just shy of 10% of their revenues based on 22/23 season. Obviously I expect at least on to leave.
I think I’ve got my sums roughly correct from what I can see online.
I think Lukaku is going to Napoli. Playing under Conte was the last time he looked fit and happy. Will probably bring another 40 odd million in :(

I think Lukaku is going to Napoli. Playing under Conte was the last time he looked fit and happy. Will probably bring another 40 odd million in :(
I fullly expect him to leave, just interesting to looks at the numbers behind a few players if things don’t pan out how Chelsea will obviously want them to go.

I fullly expect him to leave, just interesting to looks at the numbers behind a few players if things don’t pan out how Chelsea will obviously want them to go.
Chelsea don't seem concerned about their finances, so why are we bothering?

Napoli want a loan with an obligation and he would have own year left in his contract so it would be a cheap obligation
The kind that Chelsea wouldn’t want public

Exactly. I’m sure there is a plan. Bohely is not stupid. Whilst it’s fun hoping it will all come crashing down, I suspect it won’t.
He isn’t stupid
But he may have been lucky in the past
I’ve met a lot do wealthy self made men, and behind a lot of them are smart people who had the “in” to the market or the product, but not the cash or the way to sell.
He and his other owners have tried to bring in football people but if we’re being they aren’t guys that anyone knew. They all came via Brighton where the stability and leadership was excellent
Chelsea appear to be lacking those things
I also believe Boehly has much much less of a role now

Back