• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

1372.jpg

That's why he will never be better than Fergie IMO. Fergie did it for so long consistently at one club at a success rate that hasn't been matched in any era.

I agree with you. But it could also be argued that Fergie only ever did it in one league. Fergie's achievements will never be replicated as managers just don't stick around as long.

I agree with you. But it could also be argued that Fergie only ever did it in one league. Fergie's achievements will never be replicated as managers just don't stick around as long.

Well, he was the last manager to break the old firm stranglehold GHod knows how many years ago so he has proved it in more than one league with nowhere near the budgets that Mourinho gets.

Well, he was the last manager to break the old firm stranglehold GHod knows how many years ago so he has proved it in more than one league with nowhere near the budgets that Mourinho gets.

Absolutely, and I think he won a european trophy with them as well. Mourinho's achievement at Porto is comparable even though Porto was a bigger club comparatively to Aberdeen. Although Mourinho had a comparatively bigger budget at Porto compared to the rest of the league, he did win the European Cup. Man United are and were also the biggest club in the world.

Anyway, I think we're splitting hairs. They're both ridiculously successful managers. One has done it at two clubs and internationally with Scotland, and the other has done it at 4 clubs in different countries. As much as I don't like Mourinho's style, winning the league with Real Madrid against a team like Barcelona and also winning the Champions League with Inter is a massive achievement. That Barcelona team has to be one of the best football sides I have ever seen.

Absolutely, and I think he won a european trophy with them as well. Mourinho's achievement at Porto is comparable even though Porto was a bigger club comparatively to Aberdeen. Although Mourinho had a comparatively bigger budget at Porto compared to the rest of the league, he did win the European Cup. Man United are and were also the biggest club in the world.

Anyway, I think we're splitting hairs. They're both ridiculously successful managers. One has done it at two clubs and internationally with Scotland, and the other has done it at 4 clubs in different countries. As much as I don't like Mourinho's style, winning the league with Real Madrid against a team like Barcelona and also winning the Champions League with Inter is a massive achievement. That Barcelona team has to be one of the best football sides I have ever seen.

I don't view his time at Madrid as a success at all, even with winning the league. It's hard to keep winning the title year after year even if you have the best team. Complacency kicks in, the other teams get hungrier. For example, I would fancy City to win the title this year based on the first few games, but I wouldn't put a penny on them winning it next year as I don't think Pelligrini is a good enough manager. Mourinho's objective was to win the CL. He failed to reach a final let alone win it. And the bloke who replaced him won it the very next season.

I don't view his time at Madrid as a success at all, even with winning the league. It's hard to keep winning the title year after year even if you have the best team. Complacency kicks in, the other teams get hungrier. For example, I would fancy City to win the title this year based on the first few games, but I wouldn't put a penny on them winning it next year as I don't think Pelligrini is a good enough manager. Mourinho's objective was to win the CL. He failed to reach a final let alone win it. And the bloke who replaced him won it the very next season.

I respect that. However, I wouldn't say it was not a success. When he won the league it was a record equalling point haul amongst other records. I think the manner with which he achieves his success is what turns people off and I can understand that.

Your point about retaining a title is a good one though. I think that is the mark of a really great manager and team. He did that with Chelsea and Inter (treble).

If Mourinho had continuing winning the league in the style he did in that first season, he wouldn't get the criticism he gets now.

underestimate mourinho at your peril, crazy that the favs had flip flopped after just 3 games, Chelsea will retain their title and city won't even get 2nd

underestimate mourinho at your peril, crazy that the favs had flip flopped after just 3 games, Chel53a will retain their title and city won't even get 2nd

I'm not doubting they could win the league again as I did pick them to retain it, I just don't view his time at Madrid as a success given how his remit was to win the CL and the manager who replaced him managed it with his first attempt.

I don't think they had been in the CL quarter-finals for five or six years before Mourinho became manager, so three semi-finals was an improvement and set the stage.

How is nothing being done to stop this!? 28 possibly 29 players out on loan!

Sign 'em up, loan 'em out!
Posted at10:21

Lucas Piazon's loan move to Reading takes the number of Chelsea players plying their trade elsewhere to a whopping 28. For now. Victor Moses's potential move to West Ham could increase the number before the day is out.

If you're interested, the loan list (via transfermarkt) in full is, deep breath,: Mohamed Salah (Roma), Juan Cuadrado (Juventus), Marko Marin (Trabzonspor), Marko van Ginkel (Stoke), Patrick Bamford (Crystal Palace), Nathaniel Chalobah (Napoli) Lucas Piazon (Reading), Jordan Houghton (Gillingham), Christian Atsu (Bournemouth), Wallace (Carpi), Danilo Pantic, Nathan, Dominic Solanke, Lewis Baker, Isaiah Brown (all Vitesse Arnhem), Nathan Ake (Watford), Mario Pasalic (Monaco), Alex Davey (Peterborough), Jeremie Boga (Rennes), Todd Kane (NEC), Tomas Kalas (Middlesbrough), Ulises Davila (Vitoria Setubal), Cristian Cueves and Victorien Angban (both Sint Truiden), Andreas Christensen (Borussia Mochengladbach), Cristian Manea (Mouscron), Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa), Matej Delac (FK Sarajevo).

Back