• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

What is the worse that could happen to him (Mourinho)? I want that of course, whatever it is.

mourinho is a disgrace. claiming a player who assaults an opponent multiple times is motm. absuing a fellow manager in the tunnel. reports of sexist comments too. all in a couple months period.

the guy has proved he is classless time and time again over the past few years. the way the british media and fans lap him up is embarrassing

mourinho is a disgrace. claiming a player who assaults an opponent multiple times is motm. absuing a fellow manager in the tunnel. reports of sexist comments too. all in a couple months period.

the guy has proved he is classless time and time again over the past few years. the way the british media and fans lap him up is embarrassing

I agree!

What Mourinho says about Wenger being under the least pressure is so true. The league is a less interesting place without Jose doesn't do cliched "he's a great manager blah blah."

get Mourinho out of the PL and bring back a true gent like Ancelotti...........cannot stand Moaninho

What Mourinho says about Wenger being under the least pressure is so true. The league is a less interesting place without Jose doesn't do cliched "he's a great manager blah blah."

i've been thinking about this (which manager is under the most pressure), and imo its brendan rodgers.

mourinho and pellegrini are challenging for the title but if they finish 2nd it will not be perceived as being that bad. if they finish 3rd, its definitely below expectations, but again it probably wont be a disaster. and barring some real bad luck, they cannot really fall out of the top 4.

for man utd, a 2nd place finish (this season) will probably be seen as a good level of progress. finishing 3rd or 4th again will be very satisfactory too. finishing outside of the top 4 would obviously be a big failure but that looks vewry unlikely now, given their start and the amounts they spent on players over the past 24 moths.

anything above 4 is the target for arsenal. its not impossible that they could fall out the top 4 but they are still big favourites to finish in the top 4 again. although finishing outside of the top 4 would be a big failure for them, you would expect wenger would still hold onto his job because the board pretty much know he is the best manager for them. one year outside the top 4 in 2 decades, would still be considered a masssive success overall.

in terms of us, i think the general consensus is that finishing top 4 will be very difficult. i think we would be satisfied with a 5th or 6th place finish. we would be a bit dissapointed to finish 7th. but if someone has a season like southampton, i think we would accept finishing 7th too.

however, brendan has come out with numerous braindead comments over the years. ie. southampton: no ambition selling players. and tottenham; 100m, should challenge title etc.
thus he has created ridiculous expectations for himself and the club. anything outside the top 4 would be seen as failure and will again place unreasonable amounts of pressure on him given that his team isnt a top 4 quality side, and they cant afford to buy enough top 4 standard players either lol.

re wenger, he probably is under the least amount of pressure of the top 5/6 managers, but that was the case with ferguson too. or guardiola at barca. guy roux at auxerre is another lesser known example too. when a manager proves over a long period, that he can provide exceptional results, its only natural that the level of trust that the owners have in that manager would be bigger than usual.

he does it all the time. just not with wenger.
think about how many brick epl managers he has said this for because they were probably his mates

Unlike Wenger, Ferguson could never have gone 10 seasons without winning a trophy at Utd he would have gone long before. Likewise Guardiola at Barca. Just finishing in the champions league places would never have been in itself enough. Mourinho is spot on. I don't get why so many fans defend Wenger. The man has no problems talking about other clubs either. Personally I love seeing His irritation when we get one over him and his team.

Unlike Wenger, Ferguson could never have gone 10 seasons without winning a trophy at Utd he would have gone long before. Likewise Guardiola at Barca. Just finishing in the champions league places would never have been in itself enough. Mourinho is spot on. I don't get why so many fans defend Wenger. The man has no problems talking about other clubs either. Personally I love seeing His irritation when we get one over him and his team.

its all relative. could ferguson have gone 10 years in in the transfer market with a net spend of zero?

wenger is one of the highest earning managers in the world for a reason. if the board felt they could get someone else in who could do a better job they would do. the fact is, the are desperate to hold onto wenger for as long as possible because it could prove almost impossible to replace him

Perhaps they should give him the "zero net spend" trophy then. I don't think the Arsenal board hold on to him solely for his brilliance either. He represents stability rather than success. The board have chosen stability over success.

CQAnwLHWIAAjH8W.jpg

Perhaps they should give him the "zero net spend" trophy then.

comments like this show why football fans are so bad at assessing wenger. wenger is judged on a different criterion than almost all other managers (by the arsenal board), but you guys are judging him the same way you would judge any other manager.

watch the matthew syed video on youtube.

"he was never in chelsea to make a profit. he wasnt investing in order to secure a return. which is the way most people
operate with commercial assets. he bought chelsea for protection...look at the money he is losing" - syed on abramovic.

mansour has also bought Emirates Marketing Project for non profit generating reasons.

its no surprise that arsenal have gone through a trohpy drought given they are a club who are operating under normal business practices in trying to secure a financial return. its also no surprise that clubs likes ours and liverpool have also gone through a very "bad" period when compared with our pasts.

the attitude of your average football fan is summed up in that video by cascarino and jim white. when it comes to football, all they can see is the on pitch results, and they are blinded by this. they have no ability to comprehend anything beyond what occurs on the football pitch

its all relative. could ferguson have gone 10 years in in the transfer market with a net spend of zero?

wenger is one of the highest earning managers in the world for a reason. if the board felt they could get someone else in who could do a better job they would do. the fact is, the are desperate to hold onto wenger for as long as possible because it could prove almost impossible to replace him

You've said yourself before that where you finish is largely determined by money - Arsenal under Wenger finish where they should according to the money they have, not as much as the top 3, way more than the rest...why do you think it would impossible for that to be replicated with another manager?

Back