• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

He's not wrong.

I disagree. Look at the quality of players on show for each team. Aguero, Yaya, Ozil, Koscielny, Van Persie, Rooney, Eriksen, Vertonghen, even Bony is a top striker for Swansea. Does anybody honestly believe that Olympiakos are a better team than United? Maybe it's a mentality thing, maybe teams are placing a higher priority on the league, but I think there are valid reasons why British teams are struggling in Europe.

I disagree. Look at the quality of players on show for each team. Aguero, Yaya, Ozil, Koscielny, Van Persie, Rooney, Eriksen, Vertonghen, even Bony is a top striker for Swansea. Does anybody honestly believe that Olympiakos are a better team than United? Maybe it's a mentality thing, maybe teams are placing a higher priority on the league, but I think there are valid reasons why British teams are struggling in Europe.

I believe olympiakos are a better team than united, but it's largely down to that man moyes.

If you gave united a decent manager, than I'd have to rethink it.

Man for man, no , but Olympiakos were better as a team. Also Olympiakos' midfield was superior to Man U's rabble. They were organized, had a proper formation and knew what they had to do.
Something I didn't see with this Man U team. Same actually applies to Sherwood's Spurs. One or two good individuals but we play without a plan.

yh, i'm with SWP29.

its blatantly obvious that the overall quality of the epl teams is significantly higher than any other league. players go where the money is, and the money is in england.
in spain, anyone who isnt wanted by real madrid or barcelona want a move to the premier league. the wages are just so much more greater in england.

I do think that Keane is correct to an extent. Andy Townsend was bullish throughout the match talking about Olympiakos like they were some plucky lower division team and as if Man UTD inherently deserved to beat them because of who they were. I do believe that had either Arsenal or Emirates Marketing Project played tonight they would've come away with a clean sheet and at least an away goal, heck even us or Liverpool would've done better tonight, Man UTD are that bad right now.

I think the draw has been very unkind to the English teams this year, with the two best teams in the tournament being drawn against arguably the two best English teams. That said I don't believe in this "the EPL is the best in the world thing". Technically Spanish football is better as is the Bundesliga imo. The overly physical approach of some teams and the way in which the referees in this country let certain challenges slide has diminished the technical side of our game and it's only now that we are seeing it.

The media are trying their best to help ManU nowadays. Look at this report in Soccernet. They intentionally mention the score in the report as Olympiakos-0 ManU-2.:lol:

snet.jpg

Cracking game between Schalke and Madrid, as I was expecting.

Max Meyer is ****ing immense, the guy is going to be a star. Germany just churning out ridiculously good youth like it's nothing. Casillas pulled off an outstanding save a minute ago from Draxler too!

I can only assume she enrolled into their version of our One Hotspur Platinum ST where you have to purchase all the home cup games.
If not, then thats outrageous
the Spurs one just charges you for the tickets as soon as they are available - if you don't have the money in your account you don't get suspended :lol:

Phenomenal. Just can't believe only a few years ago we had him and Modric at Spurs. How the hell did we not win a trophy

Drogba has the ball in the back of the net but it has been ruled out as there were two balls on the pitch. Harsh!

Back