• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

BhVt44AIYAEfK8q.jpg

If we don't make top 4, which is quite likely to happen, it would be funny if Man U did win the CL, just **** off the bin dippers.

Would also keep Moyes in a job, and hopefully give us first dibs on a top draw manager/coach.
I wouldn't cry if the dippers had EL next season and we didn't..

If we don't make top 4, which is quite likely to happen, it would be funny if Man U did win the CL, just **** off the bin dippers.

Would also keep Moyes in a job, and hopefully give us first dibs on a top draw manager/coach.
I wouldn't cry if the dippers had EL next season and we didn't..[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling we will be in the EL no matter what, unless we finish 8th.

We will know more I suppose after Sunday, but the odds are that City will beat Sunderland on Sunday meaning 5th and 6th place will qualify for next seasons EL, but, there is a possibility we could have a really early start to next season.

There is a strong chance that two of Arsenal,CIty and Everton could contest the FA Cup final meaning even if we fell away and finished 7th we would still qualify, and could end up in the 3rd qualifying round, rather than the 4th, and have to play matches on 31st July and Aug 7th.

Its a lot of ifs, but it does look like we're stuck with the EL for next season.

I know a lot of fans dont like to see our rivals doing well in Europe, but the downside of these current results could have a big knock-on effect to England's coefficient points in a few seasons time.

CL Arsenal and City on the verge of going out in the Last 16, United now behind
EL Wigan out, Swansea not favourites to progress, while we still have a lot to do

Could be just Chelsea flying the flag, and thats not a gimme either. Might not even have any reps in the next round of either competiton.
First task is for one of us to actually score a goal. 4 1/2 matches completed and no English club has scored a goal in this round.

Last time I looked our leagues co-efficient was higher than Spain's (just) and miles ahead of anyone else. I think it's a bigger shame that neither Arsenal or Emirates Marketing Project got Olympiacus, because both would likely come away with the result. I still think Man UTD could beat them, but they are looking ropey atm.

I know a lot of fans dont like to see our rivals doing well in Europe, but the downside of these current results could have a big knock-on effect to England's coefficient points in a few seasons time.

CL Arsenal and City on the verge of going out in the Last 16, United now behind
EL Wigan out, Swansea not favourites to progress, while we still have a lot to do

Could be just Chelsea flying the flag, and thats not a gimme either. Might not even have any reps in the next round of either competiton.
First task is for one of us to actually score a goal. 4 1/2 matches completed and no English club has scored a goal in this round.

I hear you but :ross: United...

Kostas Manolas has looked good at the back for the Greeks tonight. Only 22 so got plenty of years left for him to develop, anyone else think he would be a good buy (if we could get him)?

Roy Keane "We've been brainwashed by thinking the Premier League is the best league in the world. Nonsense, it's the best brand but look at how the English teams have struggled in recent weeks."

a number of their players looked very good tonight. they all looked good on the ball when breaking, but man utd gave them so much space it was unbelievable. they just looked very very leggy for some reason.

Carrick, Cleverley, Smalling and Ferdinand were really poor. Man U in fact pretty unwatchable.

Credit to Olympiakos.

Back