• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

It's taken a wonder strike for Bayern to breach this Arsenal defence. You have to say Arsenal know how to defend properly now. We are frighteningly incapable of putting in a good defensive shift right now

Haven´t they had a settled central defence for ages now? While we´ve shuffled Dawson, Chiriches, Verthongen, Kaboul and Capoe depending on who is injured or not. Certainly an **** advantage that.

Doesn´t help against Bayern though - 0-2!

Definitely a red card. If you downgrade that type of foul to a red card then players wouldn't even have to go for the ball, they could just wipe the man out. Players need to be careful as Ballack pointed out. People say it "ruins the game" but what if someone punches a player in the face? A red card in that situation would ruin the game too but that's the rules I'm afraid.

Definitely a red card. If you downgrade that type of foul to a red card then players wouldn't even have to go for the ball, they could just wipe the man out. Players need to be careful as Ballack pointed out. People say it "ruins the game" but what if someone punches a player in the face? A red card in that situation would ruin the game too but that's the rules I'm afraid.

i totally agree. i don't see why people think this ruins the game at all if im honest.
i suspect the attitude that this kind of decision "ruins the game" is a predominantly British one. as a culture, we like to see hard tackles and challenges and therefore do not like it when these kind of tackle attempts get punished. it wouldn't surprise me at all if other countries do not see this kind of punishment as having "ruined the game".

I think it does ruin the game, but the blame for the game being ruined lies with Sneezy for getting himself sent off.

Back