• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

this attitude fudgeing infuriates me

They are at a disadvantage with muppets like David Sullivan as their spokesperson. Last night he said "they should have set off earlier" OK.........o_O He is not the sharpest 'tool' in the bedside cabinet.

They are at a disadvantage with muppets like David Sullivan as their spokesperson. Last night he said "they should have set off earlier" OK.........o_O He is not the sharpest 'tool' in the bedside cabinet.

he's a scumbag, making apologies for other scumbags

West Ham co-Chairman David Sullivan played down the incident, telling BBC Radio 5 live that their opponents should have arrived earlier.

He said: "It is depressing really, it will be a late night for our fans and some of them won't be able to stay.

"I don't understand why United couldn't get here at 4pm. They could have got here early. They knew it would be busy. It's crazy.

"There was congestion in the street and they couldn't get the coach in. There were people around the coach, but there was no attack on the coach.

"If you check the coach there won't be any damage to it. If we arrived late at Old Trafford they wouldn't put the kick-off back."

===========================================================

That's it David blame it on Utd you tool.
Imagine the embarrassment of having David Sullivan as chairman?

I wonder how the move will pan out for them long term? Sullivan and Gold are laughing all the way to bank of course but I do wonder will the club/supporters will look back at this move with regret in the not too distant future. I'm not sure they really have the fanbase to carry it off but it will take a few years before a clearer picture will emerge. By that I mean that the initial take up of cheap season tickets will drop back to a level more in keeping with the regular match going support and a significant portion of the friends & family season tickets will go back on the market. The viewing angles will be bad and that's certainly not going to help. Once the numbers drop the atmosphere will go to brick and they'll be pining for nights like last night where the place was buzzing. Interesting times ahead for them, and maybe not in a good way.

Lol at the Sky coverage, looking back to find the best moments at Upton Park, and the best they could come up with was DiCanio's volley, and the time they stopped United winning the league!

Have heard that the reason Hammers fans kicked off pre-kick off was actually news they were going to by Walcott for 20M; Man Utd coach was just unlucky to be in the vicinity when they heard the news en mass and it was the first easy target to vent their anger
I read yesterday that Walcott has been at Arsenal 10 years. I actually couldn't believe it.

I wish I could have had a job where I did nothing for 10 years and still got paid.

Edit: Hmm... I better get back to work.

Last edited:
I wonder how the move will pan out for them long term? Sullivan and Gold are laughing all the way to bank of course but I do wonder will the club/supporters will look back at this move with regret in the not too distant future. I'm not sure they really have the fanbase to carry it off but it will take a few years before a clearer picture will emerge. By that I mean that the initial take up of cheap season tickets will drop back to a level more in keeping with the regular match going support and a significant portion of the friends & family season tickets will go back on the market. The viewing angles will be bad and that's certainly not going to help. Once the numbers drop the atmosphere will go to brick and they'll be pining for nights like last night where the place was buzzing. Interesting times ahead for them, and maybe not in a good way.

well after last night they are about to ban around 20,000 of the OS season ticket holders for life

Well they did "win the World Cup" o_O

I was genuinely surprised that they did not build this into last night (unless I was lucky enough to have missed it), as it is all their fans ever go on about.
They call us deluded, claim we have pretensions of grandeur as a 'big' club when we haven't won anything significant for years - yet they don't get the irony of hanging onto the coat-tails of something they didn't even win themselves.

I think they will be fine in terms of filling it as they can just retain the low season ticket prices. Their operating costs being so low mean that they can afford to do this. The revenues from the Olympic stadium will elevate them somewhat - but are never going to be able to elevate them to the top level. Once our new stadium is operational we will have revenues vastly larger than West Ham's (although we will also have some debt to service unlike them).

I think they will be fine in terms of filling it as they can just retain the low season ticket prices. Their operating costs being so low mean that they can afford to do this. The revenues from the Olympic stadium will elevate them somewhat - but are never going to be able to elevate them to the top level. Once our new stadium is operational we will have revenues vastly larger than West Ham's (although we will also have some debt to service unlike them).
I wouldn't be convinced on this considering they struggled to fill a smaller stadium when practically giving the tickets away - kids for a quid and all that. Maybe you are right though. Time will tell.

Seriously? Taking the moral high ground after the way your team behaved at Chelsea?

My GHod, not one fan of WHU has looked at the scenes of last night and had the class to say "hand up I am ashamed" instead they benchmark it against other instances.

Just to bite on your comment, our players went hard but compare it to your fans smashing up a coach and your chairman denying it even happened....you are just a deluded scroatbag

My GHod, not one fan of WHU has looked at the scenes of last night and had the class to say "hand up I am ashamed" instead they benchmark it against other instances.

Just to bite on your comment, our players went hard but compare it to your fans smashing up a coach and your chairman denying it even happened....you are just a deluded scroatbag
No need to get personal. I'm not condoning what happened yesterday, of course I'm ashamed of it, but please don't tar everybody with the same brush. Unfortunately we do seem to have more than our fair share of macarons trying their very best to tarnish an occasion, but it seems unjust that this is all anyone seems to be focusing on.

Back