• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

If he was staying on he'd have signed it already instead of playing mind games with the players and the fans.

maybe he has

the fans don't matter, and the players absolutely need to be completely mentally destroyed and rebuilt

playing for Spurs should be like joining the SAS, total mental realignment

I dont agree. A manager who plays his style of football is never going to be accepted at Spurs, unless he wins the title. Hence he needs to go

it's the only way to win the title if you don't have three equal ability players for every position or pump them full of drugs

I welcome it with open arms, its not basketball

A furious Antonio Conte says his Tottenham players are "selfish" and the club "can change the manager but the situation cannot change" in a scathing attack on the ownership.

The Spurs boss said his team "don't want to help each other" after a 3-3 draw against Southampton on Saturday.

"Tottenham's story is this - 20 years there is this owner and they never won something. Why?" Conte said.

Spurs had led by two goals at St Mary's but conceded twice in 15 minutes.

"The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here," said Conte. "I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager and to protect the other situation in every moment.

"Until now I try to hide the situation but not now because, I repeat, I don't want to see what I have seen today because this is unacceptable and also unacceptable for the fans."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65002960

This man has to go. We won something in 2008, Conte. There is something massively wrong with you.

He is making some mistakes, but he's not the problem and sacking him just kicks the can down the road for someone else to try and clean up.

Is what I said on Oct 30th 2021, regarding Nuno.

Lining that can up again.

fudge that, doesn't work with anyone, discipline and chain of command, the only thing that works anywhere

No. It's the old Machieveilian question. Lead through fear or love? Both are flimflam. It's lead with trust. The players trust you and believe in what you're doing and it's in their best interests they will follow. We are heard animals at the end of the day.

In the media? It's his job to motivate them. It's why he is paid £15m a year. After 18 months he's crying cause he hasn't done his job, guess what? fudge off.

If $tottenhamplayer has ever shown anything, its a resistance to motivation, couldn't even get it up for a European Cup final.

No. It's the old Machieveilian question. Lead through fear or love? Both are flimflam. It's lead with trust. The players trust you and believe in what you're doing and it's in their best interests they will follow. We are heard animals at the end of the day.

the players have proven they can't be trusted

Still think we'd have got one on a precontract in jan. As we seemed to have done with peresic last jan.

Needed a LCB that is better than what we have. Which isn't easy. Gvardiol, the kind of player who'd instantly improve us. Not sure we could get in such a player in Jan. But we don't know.

Needed a LCB that is better than what we have. Which isn't easy. Gvardiol, the kind of player who'd instantly improve us. Not sure we could get in such a player in Jan. But we don't know.

Ndicka and others are out of contract in the summer. They've already made agreements. Hopefully one of them is with us.

management is a skill, but there is still onus on the staff to turn up and be professional, to do their jobs

today we had two glaring failures of that, one from Perisic, whose job was to be in the LWB position when the opposition had the ball on the right, and once from Sarr, whose job is never let the ball bounce in your own box, like it is for every player always

Ndicka and others are out of contract in the summer. They've already made agreements. Hopefully one of them is with us.

That is the thing, a player like Ndicka may not be an upgrade. Or might need a couple of seasons to become the player we need. So I understand why we didn't recruit a CB in Jan. There aren't many who could instantly improve us who are available. As you say, in the summer we have a better chance of taking on a new commanding CB. But with Conte's job on the line, and Paratici not certain either, it does leave us all at sea.

Back